Testarossa Price Trends | Page 302 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    what about the drone itself? ;)

2. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    I’d consider these special edition 512trs very collectible. Cream of the crop.

3. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Any notice the Black/black Testarossa on BAT right now, Already at $155. Has a Classiche certificate from 12 years ago. To me the car looks pretty rough for this kind of money! Rusty airboxes, scratched rear valance, seats bolsters. You wonder who would go to the expenses to get a Classiche, and then abuse a car like that.

4. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Stored in a perfectly humid environment. Perfect car for Bat though. Details matter not. In fact ...

Human: Write some comments in the style of Bring a Trailer.

ChatGPT: • "This stunning vintage car is a true classic that embodies the elegance and sophistication of a bygone era. From its gleaming exterior to its immaculately restored interior, every detail of this beauty has been meticulously cared for and preserved."

• "Step back in time with this beautifully restored vintage automobile. From its original features to its expertly crafted finishes, every detail of this car exudes a sense of nostalgia and charm that's sure to delight anyone who appreciates classic cars."

Human: Needs more froth. Make it more Bring a Trailer.

ChatGPT: Alright, here are some comments with more froth in the style of Bring a Trailer:

• "Get ready to fall in love with this stunning vintage automobile. With its expertly restored finishes and authentic features, it's a true masterpiece of automotive art. So grab your sunglasses and hit the road, because this baby is sure to turn heads wherever you go!"

• "This rare gem is a true unicorn in the world of vintage cars. Its unique history and impeccable provenance make it a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for any serious collector. So what are you waiting for? Get your bidding finger ready and make history with this incredible find!"

Human: To paraphrase the BaT gallery - those frothy comments will be worth infinitely more in 6 months. Thanks dude.

ChatGPT: You're welcome! As a language model, I am always here to assist with whatever writing needs you have. And who knows, maybe those frothy comments will indeed become more valuable in the future!

sherrillt and EZORED like this.
  5. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    God help us...

6. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    No sale at $155, me thinketh someone dodged a bullet at $155:)

7. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    That bot has more sense than bat.

MochaDoo
    "I personally would not worry so much about the belt service if the car is not driven regularly. With proper storage, I have seen cars go 20 years plus without having the belts replaced."

3pedalstable "that $155 needs to change to a $255 beautifully preserved TR."

Carwaymotors (The Seller) : Any rust on the car is surface rust and has no effect on the structural rigidity of the car.

Investment grade comedy.

JSinNOLA likes this.
  8. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    The perfect TR for Hoovies :)

EZORED likes this.
  9. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
  10. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    First owner was in Austria.

11. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    This Testarossa was never titled to a private owner and the winning bidder will receive a clean Maryland dealer title – meaning that the next owner will be the FIRST registered private owner.

12. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Read the docs.

13. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
  14. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Swiss - swedish ones had the headlight washers.

Delivered to an austrian buyer (osterreich) in leoben.

15. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Actually the tech doc lists the Abgase / emissions as US Norm with cats

16. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #7541 Steve Magnusson, Feb 26, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    I believe an '89 CH TR is identical to a US TR for all the emission stuff (but it's still not a US version TR -- for example, note that it does not have the CHMSL brake light in the engine bonnet chiclet, no knee protection brace in the dash, gauges in metric units, odometer in the center console, etc.. Not that any of that is necessarily bad -- just different).

17. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Are you suggesting that is signed by a private owner?

18. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Not saying it's an US model - guess you're right in terms of the norms.

Still a bit strange as to how it ended up being imported new in Vienna considering it's a CH model - nothing else available maybe.

19. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    If it makes you happy to regard it as zero owner go ahead, it's all semantics.
    Even if it went to a biz that wasn't a car dealer it's still an owner.

My car was first sold to a modeling agency in Italy. Should I exclude them as an owner because they're a biz - don't think so.

20. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA

The seller is advertising the vehicle as an opportunity for the buyer to be the first private owner.

My earlier post #7536 was a direct quote from the seller's comments on the auction thread.

Since you asked my opinion, I consider any business or individual that purchases a car from a car dealer to be the car owner.

21. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013

Right, and you won't find that text in Bat's description because they can't certify that - it's had at least 1 owner.

The seller apparently also pushed for Bat to list the mileage in the title, which they declined.
    Bat can't certify the mileage, there's no Carfax for legal cover, so they're playing it safe.

However, and Bat does this consistently, they're fine with the seller making claims in their comments that Bat would not include in their description.
    Bat claims that the comment section is crowdsourced and ensures transparency, but Bat curates it and it functions primarily to cheerlead lots and provide a common narrative.

Even Hoovies, who has a large following, was piled on recently for claiming that his purchase was misrepresented.

While Bat tries to both separate themselves from and benefit from the comments, their entire model hinges on this - do the comments form part of the contractual description, Bat being the publisher, curator and beneficiary.

I'm aware of at least one instance where the buyer sued the seller for misrepresenting the car and the seller countersued the auction house
    for misrepresenting the car in their catalog. In Bat's model that could get even messier.

22. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Agreed and BAT also loves to stamp lots with "TMU" for legal protection.

About to pass the 300K mark, I think its going to reach 350.

23. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    #7548 Schulz308, Feb 27, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    Or end @ 294!
    Surprised they did not sell it. That was strong money... Maybe the guy with a lower mile car chiming in capped it.:confused:

Although If your old like me you remember the Testa selling for at least that much when new and cocaine cowboys lining up to buy one. I guess its really a bargain still.

24. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013