Testarossa Price Trends | Page 75 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

If u read the average sell is a Tr with 20k miles at 104k over 40
    Cars true sells over the past year and half. I’m happy to keep
    Adding any figures people can
    Keep giving me.
    Of course there are cars that make the average go up and down. Yours is a beautiful example, moderate added miles and good service should keep its value, relatively speaking. This remains a slow and tough sell as nowadays everyone wants the new stuff. The tr is for connoisseur. I don’t blame people though: u can get a 570s for 170k brand new these days or a used ff for 140k, or a significantly better tr in the 512tr for 150-160k. I think you purchased a beautiful example and I’m sure u will enjoy it dearly;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anymac likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Take this car for instance: the owner is on fchat and he is the one whose red tr was on one take -smoking tire episode.
    Around 2 years ago he bought and fixed this car completely. Put it for sale here at 145k, it’s in the classifieds, 2 years later it is in consignment at BHCC and now asking 89k. Now was his initial price crazy? Maybe, specially given the mileage but that just shows...
    Same thing: Ferrari of San Diego has a black TR for sale for 2 years now, 33k miles , the owner first asked 135k, it’s now at 95k
    With the highest offer given (and rejected) being 85k as feralc told me... It takes time to sell them and or to find the right one for u.

Zeff likes this.
  3. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    That black one in San Diego looks great too. Not sure about buying anything from BHCC though. That’s a good one too?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

I would normally not recommend them but, according to the fchat owner who restored the car, no expenses were spared and the car is immaculate...now when I look at the picture I see the front valence being busted so I don’t know lol

5. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Thank you, Nat. Your feedback is helpful.

6. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I went to Starbucks this morning and saw two 458s parked next to each other. What does this tell you I might ask? There’s too many self indulgent weiners in La. But if you own a Tr, Ahhh, you are correct Roger, I mean Nat, you would be connoisseur. Champaign would fall from the heavens, doors would open and velvet robes would part.

Xtreme5053 likes this.
  7. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Yep. I’m a connoisseur for sure. I’ve enjoyed my Huracan. But there just isn’t any mystique with the new stuff. Ironically I did so consider a FF and still may add one as well!

I think even when the TR went up a few years ago it was too early. In the next 3-5 years the TR will begin to feel like the 512 BBI feels now. Truly classic. Right now the TR still borders on having a “modern classic” essence. As tech and designs progress this classic will hit its stride.

I did not buy it for this however. I am simply enjoying it’s charisma and very deliberate analogue drive. It also helps that I will literally never see myself coming and going!

8. Xtreme5053

Xtreme5053 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 20, 2006
    Love it; classic lines.

Zeff and Shamile like this.
  9. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Hmmm. That looks expensive.

Attached Files:

10. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes but according to the seller here all was perfect. I told him that on his ad but he never responded ;)

11. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Lol! Some way to go before perfect status, I think!

12. Natkingcolebasket69

13. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I know a guy that could make it look perfect again and with no body damage it would not be expensive. You would never know it happened. This kind of stuff happens all the time with the streets the way they are and these type of cars. Does not look like a real clean car to begin with looking back at the engine.

14. Natkingcolebasket69

It’s down 50k is all I l know in his asking price;)

15. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Its always best to get these things taken care of so pictures like this don't show up. Overall if the car was a gem which its not, this would not scare me
    if done correctly. Lets face it, we all want cars that have been sitting on a pillow but they do get driven and crap happens. Hopefully it has never been is a real wreck. That's what worries me because owners will pay cash sometimes and it never hits car fax. PPI would typically flag it but if fixed right there is no guarantee.

16. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Shamile, MOSS and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  17. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    How many TRs have you had? You never said. PMSL.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Well I guess there is a reason it didn’t sell;)

MOSS likes this.
  19. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Been there a long time and with a dealer with a reputation for being at the wholesale end of the market on quality.

MOSS likes this.
  20. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

m

I think the two of you need to think of it in a different fashion because you are missing out on the other side.

A dealer may get a car for 30k and place it in their showroom and list for 75k. That car can sit there looking pretty for 3 yrs and then they may sell for 60k and you all think the dealer took a bath.

The reality is that 30k in the bank at 3% return would never come close to double the amount 3 yrs later. Therefore the dealer made, not lost. And they made large on the investment.

Second, they may also want such a model sitting around as it’s an attraction peice. Therefore, the car is there as a talking point only to excite potential clients and then buy something else. Benz and Audi dealer here have it all the time with the 200k sitting for a year or two at a time but at the back end they are bumping out a4’s and c300’s like candy to a fat man.

This maybe hard for you to grasp, but sometimes there is a business strategy in play that you are not aware of than thinking of the obvious.

Shamile likes this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

TeslaLA told us this car is consigned at BHCC, check his ad. They take 10% usually on consignment not sure what strategy you would be talking about here. Check the link to his ad. I know the dealer game quite well: Ferrari of Orlando had mine for 7 months at 139k consigned before I got it at 97k, dealer took 10%, rest to the owner. No games here, just inadequate market prices;)

22. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    #1872 MOSS, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    4 plus the current one. Not smart enough to figure out what PMSL means though. All but one car was top shelf quality. The current one has 13k miles and very well taken care of. 512 wheels I added.

23. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Four? You never said!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PMSL

24. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Yes. I’m really struggling here. Would you mind taking me through it? Thanks in advance.

25. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

If you've been playing poker for half an hour and you still don't know who the patsy is, you're the patsy.

Warren Buffett