Testarossa Price Trends | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I am just glad to see the pictures of Shamiles feet with the girl in it...................I was starting to worry about him...................if you get my drift..................although we would surely still accept him!!!!!

Shamile likes this.
  2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Sitting around the pool really isn't my element.

Dancing to pounding bass EDM! is what I love .

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Xtreme5053

Xtreme5053 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 20, 2006
    blkdiablo33 likes this.
  4. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Yes I have a 88 iroc 5,7 g 92 option and made it into a manual fun car high school days also have a fox body Saleen love the blue on the iroc

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    nice personal license plate :)

7. Natkingcolebasket69

I think thread is getting out of hand again;)) should be in classified unless we talk about pricing sinking or not ?;)) kidding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgt000 likes this.
  8. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    beautiful white tr .prices are not sinking they are holding and will just go up the next turn around.

turbo-joe, ridege55 and Shamile like this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

Well holding but not selling... said this many times i agree they will go back up but right now my friend offers are not even close to asking price and as a result some owners are letting their cars go way cheaper than advertised... will be interesting to see how sales evolve through summers.
    A good indicator can be hagertys valuation tool which gather real sales: private, dealer, auction which has excellent tr selling at 130 and average slightly worn down ones at 83k.
    Their valuation tool seem to confirm prices holding as suggested. Pretty good tool they have!

10. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I will agree except you need to add supply and demand. Since this thread has turned to the search for a white Testarossa, price for that one remains higher as it's not red...like mine and everyone else's.

A quick search of e bay yielded 2 white Testarossas in 28 and on Car Gurus 3 of 52.
    So, if you want a white one, your choice is limited. It's funny that given the popularity of Miami Vice people could not get beyond ordering a red / tan combination. Looks like people are far more adventurous these days with Ferrari color schemes ...especially the Lamborghini crowd lol

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

11. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s true. It’s funny how u guys in the USA loved that show; it really wasn’t as popular in europe. It was popular but not THAT popular...what made us buy or want to buy the tr was mostly that flat 12 and those burrago toy cars which i kept and still have till i bought mine;)

12. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Oh, here it was and still is a cult classic. It was so big back then and it's influence changed Miami. Miami became the tv show...because that's what everyone expected.
    I started business in Miami and it has a sizzling vibe....honestly no different than what the series was trying to portray.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

13. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    HUGE in Australia too. So many claimed to have provided the original white suits with pushed up sleeves. Were they supposed to be Armani?

14. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    Love the white testarossa, prices seem to be flat and the same cars are offered for sale... maybe as spring approaches things will change and some new cars will pop up for sale...

15. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    if your looking for a white tr selection will always be limited very few

Shamile likes this.
  16. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Supply of white TR's is small for sure. But so is the pool of buyers. Most still thinks 'red on a Ferrari' is the only way to go.
    A few of us of course disagree with that fact, but we are definitely in the minority.

17. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #370 Shamile, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    I'll answer that this way...

Then

Ewww...a white Testarossa sooo 80's sooo Miami Vice.

Now

Ooooh....a white Testarossa....sooo 80's sooo Miami Vice!

I still say the change came with Taylor Swift' s album 1989. It kinda introduced a young crowd to that time and she made it cool.

When I was at the Celebration Exotic Car Festival last Saturday, I was amazed how many 10 year olds were taking pictures of my Testarossa and asking me questions about it.

Ummm....isn't this just an old Ferrari to You?...what was constantly going through my mind

Remember, I have not driven my Testarossa in 5 years. I only just put it back on the road in January with a fresh major service. I couldn't stand just driving the e gear Murcielago alone anymore. So people's impression of the car is new to me all over again.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

TODDZTR and ago car nut like this.
  18. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#371 Bradwilliams, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    This I also find troubling in the new era of Ferrari. As if it isn't bad enough that you can't get a manual anymore, now you have a hell of a time finding a second hand red one. Everyone orders the typical, Gray, black, and white. It's getting a little ridiculous if you ask me.

I've been in the market for a Vantage V8 Aston for awhile now and haven't bought a thing due to the color. I have to have a goodwood green one on tan. No exceptions. And those are all white, grey and black too. yawn. Easy to find in stick though. Don't these people have any imagination? ;)

The TR is stunning in white. Aside from Miami vice, I just think it brings out the lines the best of any color and looks fabulous with the tan interior. I tried to get one when I bought mine, but couldn't find any good ones around so I ended up with the red on tan. Not complaining though. It doesn't look like the era of red Ferraris is going to resurface anytime soon. I think the typical buyer of the 80s and early 90s is very different from the new era. The more billionaires that get created, the more people are buying these as a status symbol only. Only so many are enthusiasts.

Fickle humans. I've said it a thousand times. If I had a dollar for every time I was scolded or made fun of for saying the TR was my dream car from the mid 90s until 2013, I could have paid for the car with the cash. This car was non-grata by the mid 90s and remained that way for a VERY long time. I never understood why. But all signs point to that era where people held the 80s style and fashion with disdain. Until you start to compare the 80s to the time we live in now. "We never had it so good." And as we all know, the TR was the epitome of all that is 80s and early 90s.

I really believe that the resurgence of all of the 80s is due to the time passing (25 years to classic status) but is also due to the fact that the 80s was such a wonderful time to be alive, with optimism everywhere you looked. It spilled into the early 90s a bit, but was about gone by the time you got to 93-94. We haven't seen anything like it since.

Shamile likes this.
  19. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Color is a personal choice. Some people love a certain color and others hate it!

20. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Love the 80s and early 90s I think I went back in time

Attached Files:

Gialllo uno, cgt000 and Xtreme5053 like this.
  21. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Name one other car that could ever be mistaken for a testarossa. Even by a half blind one eyed color blind person gazing through a milky white fog... nothing else looks like it. Nothing.

Only 2 cars can really say that, the testarossa and the countach.

Today, if you took the nomenclature off a supercar built in the last 20 years, I would be hard pressed to tell what it is. Cars in the 80's were designed by misguided testosterone-over-overladen dreamers... marketed by the desire of post pubescent boys that taped them on their bedroom walls and drew them in their social studies books. Today its done by committee, approved by engineering, signed off by accountants, and marketed by the indifferent. With few exceptions, of course...

vincenzo, ken qv, VColin and 7 others like this.
  22. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Great post.