Testarossa Price Trends | Page 32 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Latest info from NL / continent of Europe :)

Was helping a Florida Fchat member over here in The Netherlands by looking at a '94 512TR with only 28.000 kms.

Car was up for only K€ 100 ... how about sinking prices ?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. bimota44

bimota44 Rookie

May 13, 2018
    You can't fully inspect them, but, that doesn't excuse an auction house's negligent and/or misleading descriptions.

3. bimota44

bimota44 Rookie

May 13, 2018
    According to a PO, the dealer that sold me the car paid 10k more than I did, a year ago.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yes-wait a bit longer and you probably would get it another 15k down;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i agree you have to do your homework sometimes seller is there with the car and you can ask questions

6. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    man your just begging for the economy/,market to go bad lol

7. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    And that interval is based on actually driving the car and putting miles on it- that car wasn’t driven. If you’re not driving the car, doing a major every 5 years is wasting money.

cgt000 likes this.
  8. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    There is a time factor on those belts. Some say they can dry out and get weak from just sitting. Want to gamble? I wouldn't want to on a 6 figure car knowing what a full engine rebuild can cost.

Plus the car in question had a belt service 5 years and 4400 miles ago, not 200 miles ago. 200 miles ago they changed the oil, and maybe a little more.

Shamile likes this.
  9. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    What is at this moment the "average price" of a TR and of a 512TR ?

And how was that one year ago ?

What do we think for future about prices ?

10. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    The Time factor comes into play at least 10years not 5...the ‘some’ who say things are showing a lack of knowledge. I have more than a days experience on numerous cars from practically every manufacturer and can assure you it takes at least 5-6 years of “normal” driving to show wear or stress cracks (its caused by heat fluctuation and friction). A car that’s not driven isn’t going to have any issues with belt cracks and anyone who’s done a major on any car that hasn’t been run 50k miles will tell you the belt removed typically still looks new.

The real issue is with the tensioner which causes concern as the bearings can go bad from lack of use and cause the break - not the belt. If you do a major every 5 years on a car you drive less than 2-500mi annually I feel sad for you and your wallet for the wasted time and expense based on a lack of automotive knowledge.

titangolf and cgt000 like this.
  11. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I do not profess to have any expert mechanical knowledge. I just listen to my Ferrari guru and friend Patrick Ottis. If he says you are gambling after a certain time, regardles of mileage, that is good enough for me. He's certainly not telling me that because he needs my business.

I wasn't even aware of the whole belt service thing when I bought my first Ferrari in the early 90's.

12. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I agree 100% but have to add that also oil and coolant could damage the belts. but if not leaking those fluids and also the tensioner will be ok then 8 years ( only my own personal meaning) are ok with only little driving

changed my belts at the 512BB about 8 years before and was only driving until now 8000 km. so next year or coming wintertime before or after my tahiland vacation I will change again

gambling would be after I think 10 years

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Well the fact is my friend i love the tr but i am also realistic with the current market. The guys provided actual educated sales results.
    I am a factual, financial person. People get sensitive with their ferraris because it is more than cars. They are dreams, pinacle of success for some etc.
    The reality is there are very little sales happening in the soft market and certainly most of them are in the 80-100k range.
    I am not saying all trs are worth this money but the market is speaking for now... all i am saying; maybe next year it will be different.
    After all this is a 10 year old thread which started when tr it rock bottom before 3 years ago reaching their all time high...so everything changes;)

Xtreme5053, turbo-joe and cgt000 like this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

512TR from paul motors didnt sell on bat @ 122k but Paul Motors told me side deal struck presumably at 130k. Not bad for a car with a rebuild engine, grey market and a respray on the front bumper.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Just changed 18 year old belts on a 328.

Jakuzzi and TODDZTR like this.
  16. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    and how many miles?
    how have they been looking? photo?

17. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I didn't bother taking a photo. They just looked like old timing belts. Nothing out of the ordinary really..

18. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    To paraphrase rifeldriver .... he said , the belt looked good , except for where it broke.

Shamile likes this.
  19. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i need u and parnelli to start diablo prices sinking

20. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    I'm not in the Diablo market. Don't know anything about that car. I've traded many markets for 27 years, though. And i do know a lot about most of them :)

At the end of the day markets are markets. Whether it be stocks, commodities, art or exotic cars. Supply/demand blah blah blah.

Emotions kill every bad trader/speculator. Seen it a millions times

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Sorry can’t do that as well; i dont lnow the diablo well enough and although i love lambos from an aesthetic perspective they are too show offy for me;)
    But i can start a diablo prices softening for u lol

22. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    #797 sixcarbs, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Well here is a tired looking low mileage Testarossa in Japan. With this mileage it should be a time capsule but it's not. Says it's a 1 owner and the wife is selling it. Doesn't say if she dumped him, killed him, or both.

"It has full history record (written in Japanese) for first owner. Body condition and interior is very good but unfortunately leaving long time after malfunction of engine starting"

"Although currently engine won`t start , you will not need big maintainance for exterior."

5500 miles, asking 65,000 Euros ($75,000)

I see a lot of cars in Europe that are from Japan. The claim is that because of strict regulations there they are well maintained.

Any bargain hunters out there?

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=263026556

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  23. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Lol

24. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Japanese cars are notorious for being poorly taken car of, modified, and mileage fraud. Point in example, these seats were either stored by the ocean side or there's been some serious kilometer roll back.

25. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    $75k = >$120k

From my current experience $88k = $125k. Be prepared to open that wallet on a cheap TR.

blkdiablo33 and Shamile like this.