Testarossa Price Trends | Page 49 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Me thinks Chris Hansen may have you on his speed dial

Automoblog and Shamile like this.
  2. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    lmao

Shamile likes this.
  3. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #1203 Shamile, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Haha...a Testarossa's last year is 91....meaning 27 years old.
    27 year olds don't wear kitty ears and dance to pounding bass EDM lol

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

thecarreaper likes this.
  4. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I can never leave the TR forums because of Shamile! All the other ones are not as entertaining. Shamile you da man!

Natkingcolebasket69 and Shamile like this.
  5. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I have no idea what you're talking about ;) lol

Have a great long weekend guys! I'll be busy devaluing my Testarossa by driving it and writing checks for the next thing that goes wrong on my Lamborghini lol

....and dancing to pounding bass EDM!

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice! Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Not sure when it was listed it but I tagged this time capsule '93 512 TR on June 28th, asking price then was 252,000 Euros (Net), today the asking price from a dealer is 200,000 Euros (Net). It only has 400 miles! (And it has the yummy red carpets inside.)

My guess is it can be bought for $210,000 to $220,000 USD. So there is your time capsule reference. Price everything else accordingly.

https://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/ferrari-512-tr-orig-637-km-hamburg/258342832.html

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-ferrari-testarossa-7/?utm_source%3Dtransactionalemail%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dbat_reserve_not_met_watchers_bidders&source=gmail&ust=1538104244550000&usg=AFQjCNHXe1Rh-VJlPozJKcfo-y-RVDyOSg&rct=i

Another no sale at 81k
    BAT not the right place to Tr at the moment; most have not cracked 80k but most have been grey market to be fair.
    I even placed a bid on that one car;) it was even too low of a price for me not to bid;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    If I were still in the market for one (I bought in Spring '18) I wouldn't have considered that one because it wasn't a US market model. I wonder if many others feel the same way? Regardless, sad to see it not go higher. I hope people stop trying to sell them for a bit! haha

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed- grey market cars are not well liked...
    Issue is a lot of dealers who try to flip those are probably not ready to lose a bit of money.
    It seemed like a solid car though.
    The euro version bc of a slightly different compression and emission were 10hp more powerful though, i believe this is true for the earlier models.

10. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you feel those 10 hp more? I doubt

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Likely not;)

12. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Those extra HP’s count at Cars ‘n Coffee with the hood up :rolleyes:

sixcarbs and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Looks like this TR is back on the market...
    6 months ago sold for supposedly 150, now 125k ish. 20% down in 6 months but still a solid price. Not sure why the owner wanted out in 6 months or so.
    Apparently it might have already sold. Reupholstered interior but car has barely ran in 15 years so a major will be needed.
    In other steals this red tr with black rims (and 2 carfax accidents) sold for 79k, originally advertised at 149k then 109k. It had a new clutch and fresh service... lack of originality and accidents on carfax certainly hurt it bad.
    In other news a 91 model with 26k, red, in miami just sold for 90k. Car was US but had spent time in japan.
    Overall not an awful lot of sales latey it would seem. Winter probably ;) Image Unavailable, Please Login

xplodee likes this.
  14. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    BAT is not perfect, however it is a very clear indication of what the Market is currently. The user base is massive and most importantly many dealers are on it looking at cars to purchase that are opportunities to profit from. Dealers drove the market over the last 10 years, now they are out of the speculation MKT. We will all see over the next few years what the true value of these cars are.

I can assure you that BAT is a VERY good leading indicator of what these cars are worth and what the trajectory of value is.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

I am not displeased to see them down if it gets me a 512 tr at the right price;)

16. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I’m following the 512 TR on BAT currently.

17. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    the white one is already sold again it sold for close to asking price and previous was not 150 didnt really drop ,buyer got an amazing car

18. Natkingcolebasket69

I knew u would come and fight ur corner lol
    As nice as this car is the fact that it had no love for 15 years would personally have scared me a little bit!

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  19. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    theres another new member just bought one 91 white 15 years or so too and he has been driving it .my car saw very little miles also garage queen been great put on about 800 miles :) at end of the day the white tr both of them sold but not at low low prices sorry nat there not sinking remeber dont buy the cheapest ferrari 512 tr

20. Natkingcolebasket69

The white cars are a bit of a unicorn. The reds are a lot more affordable as you can check for yourself with the prices.
    A good 512 tr will set me back at least 165k thats what im personally willing to spend, until then not interested .
    As far as prices sinking i told u many times with proof...they have considerably soften but it doesn’t mean they are cheap either- enjoy your red book;)

21. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    lol i do love my red book and when it comes time to sell new owner will love it too :) hope u get ur 512 tr soon

Shamile likes this.
  22. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Yeah yeah....and I put a few thousand miles more on my Testarossa ;) lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

Isnt it down with bank issues though?:)

Shamile likes this.
  24. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    No, no...it runs perfectly. It's when it rains or I wash the engine, some connection somewhere is getting moisture in it. It then drops the 1-6 bank. As soon as it dries out, it comes right back....super smooth and lots of power. I've been trying to locate it but without much luck so far.
    This is one of those simple yet hard to find issues. At least it's not a modern car with modules and sensors lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

25. Natkingcolebasket69

This thread needed revival lol;))