Testarossa Price Trends | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Its rough on all toys. Especially boats and airplanes, both of which go through gas like sand soaks up water.

George Vosburgh likes this.
  2. source

source Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Wouldn't it be appropriate for a TR owner (a daily driver) to not have to worry about the prices dropping of their beloved, I mean that is the reason as to why the purchased it in the first place? :D

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Mel, Those of us on message boards for European cars i would think have a bit better view of the world as far as car culture goes. However, the vast majority of Americans do not care much about what goes on outside of their little world, nor do they know what fuel prices really are in other countries. Our whole country has had the luxury of cheap fuel, for all of its generations. The sudden rise in fuel prices coupled with inflation and a terrible economy will crush the middle class guys with an old boat or muscle car, as many of them are just trying to pay bills and buy food at this point. They have no extra $$ for fuel and fun cars. There will be way more cars of all types than buyers. I expect prices to level out. People of means will have toys, or at least the ability to buy "fun cars" but America as a whole is not set up culturally to easily adjust to the high fuel prices.

I am single and have a great job, make almost $100k a year. Food prices have shot up to the point that even i bargain shop, only because i watch my spending, not because I have to.

I have always admired the TR. But it seems too heavy and wide for traffic clogged roads with 45 mph speed limits. The belt service coupled with the transaxle issues scare me off. I just bought a 328 recently, only because I have never had one. 348 and 355 cars will be hurt the most, as will any of the 360 newer generation cars that require lap tops, Sd2/3 readers, and a dealer to service them.

I want a newer used Maserati as a fun car. The depreciation those cars are seeing though is like watching a train wreck. $130k + new to less than half in under 4 years? Wow. I may get a GranSport this year, but i want a GranTurismo. I am not alone, so the older cars are loosing buyers to newer cheaper fun cars, if ways to maintain them can be figured out for the "average joe". getting around the sd3 reader / software issues to keep the car running is one of the challenges.

I wish 288 GTO's and BB512i's were cheap :) :) :)

Melvok likes this.
  4. source

source Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Don't we all...

5. cachias

cachias Rookie

Apr 29, 2007
    An '89 TR sold at auction in the UK this month. Gentleman wrote a check for a shade under £40 (pounds) for a car that had not been serviced in a few years. Look at Bonhams Oxford for more details.

This is about $55k???

Prices do seem to be heading northwards in the UK. I think that with insurance write off, export etc they are not that many left RHD.

Long may it continue!!

6. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I think prices have bottomed out.. There is no place else to go but up.. We will all be glad we are holding on to our babies.. Long live the TR

R

7. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    If you are driving (or buying) a car based on the price possibly dropping, you need to buy a SEAT.

I never ever think of the price or value of my car dropping as I drive it: that's not the reason I bought it.

IMO, the prices drop every time a higher-end model is introduced, thereby rendering the older iron less in value, to some extent, depending on the production numbers.

8. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Two sub 20k mile Testarossas sold for $113k and $118k at Russo and Steele last weekend. The $118k example was a "Platinum" winner and in fantastic condition.

9. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    What color combos? Those are great buyers numbers. By any chance do you know what the Diablo 6.0 went for or sold ?

10. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I believe $190k, the '91 diablo went for $137k.
    Both those TRs were red on tan, and basically condition 1 cars.

11. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Correction, the '01 6.0 was a no sale at $260k.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Those were great buys on the trs. Did the orange Diablo 6.0 sell tried to look up results from Scottsdale couldn't find them thanks for the info

13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Thanks for info much appreciated

14. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    That’s what’s called “market” imo.

Prices went up far to high 5 years ago and may now go back again.

Nothing wrong imo....

Nice to see that this thread of March 19 in 2011 is reviving :D

15. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    the diablo has still not come down

Shamile likes this.
  16. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I've noticed that a lot of former TR owners end up buying again. I can totally understand why having recently sold mine. Not a day goes by that I don't think about getting back into the most iconic sports car ever made and for that reason, I have confidence TR's will always maintain value.

17. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Yeah ... that may be so Sam ...

It wasn't my lucky car I think, glad I had her and glad she is gone :)

But ... do you have another F now ? I wonder ?

18. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

All held by dealers and brokers (cheap financed money). Asking isnt getting. The few that I see that get sold privately usually go in the low hundreds. Which is up from where it was pre 2014 but not that much. The VT and 6.0 models pull significantly more and again are all rotting behind dealer showrooms and brokers due to asinine asking prices.

blkdiablo33 and stardoc like this.
  19. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Agreed. I also would not put any credence on unsold bids at these recent auctions. You see it on eBay all the time where the bids gets up close to asking but are just shill bids.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  20. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i had a vt and sv in the past miss my vt i would like to have another one again sold my vt and sv at a fraction of what asking prices are.like you said 6.0 are still holding strong 2014 low mileage carbon wing were going for 150/165k same car now close to 300s and asking are mid to high 3s not sure if they will ever get to low 200s

21. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The Diablo is the next car to sky rocket to crazy levels. It's due. That car has languished for far to long. The 91-99 cars (not including the sv or roadster versions) have been serious bargins for a very long time. For buyers with the means..buy a couple and park them. Wait until they take off, then sell.

Gialllo uno, Shark01 and Shamile like this.
  22. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    They have already taken off and have not come down. Way overpriced imo for example a considered a high mileage 6.0for mid 350s I’m not interested at that price

23. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    They have been overlooked for too long but now collectors are paying attention, particularly in the case of the rarer variants (400 units or less), 30th SE, SVs, 6.0s, and Roadsters (particularly the '99s).

The early 2WD cars and the '94-'96 VTs remain bargains with lots of upward potential.....for now anyway.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  24. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    There is a Canadian high mile car with a buy it now of $239k on ebay. I imagine you could buy it for $220k or less. You could get that into the US for less than $10k.

25. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I was close to buying a roadster vt I ended buying a tr and enjoying it very much will get another Diablo but not now thanks for the heads up on the Diablo

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.