Testarossa Price Trends | Page 52 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #1276 Zeff, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    GTA has their car listed at 239k. It's not been continually listed at 165k. Just called them they had it listed at 180k us conversion not 165k. You can't buy their car for 165k is the problem.

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    all true. i guess my bias gets the best of me - i love this car.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Unless complete crooks they were going to sell it to me at 165k USD
    See attached convo
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    lol! Oldest marketing scheme in the books.

Act fast....don't let it get away! lol

If you're seriously looking to buy a 512tr, why not wait a little. It won't be long before the economy starts to slow down and the first thing that drops off are luxury items.

I'm looking to buy a Lamborghini Aventador Roadster....just waiting patiently for a year or so. My Murcielago Roadster is up for sale at the dealership now.

Shamile

Freeze....miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

prober34 and ken qv like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

I agree! I am in no rush; shopping for babysits first lol

Shamile likes this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Off topic but mclaren of Philadelphia has some 12c loaded at 120k which they are willing to let go with 2 year bumper to bumper warranty... i know its not a ferrari but to go back to the TRs family i could see how ppl would be worried to put 150k on a 512tr versus a car with bumper to bumper warranty...
    On top of that i noted the mclaren dealer to be leas snobbish than the f ones i been to...
    But thay may be me.
    Back to the tr!

7. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I suppose they lied then which makes no sense as they relisted higher. What's the point? He also said they just completed the major service maybe that was before at old price. Obviously not straight forward people. I never trust dealerships anyway. It appears to be a nice car if you can get it at 165k. Why didn't you buy it?

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Good question!
    The records are there- they sent me a bunch.
    In the end i still am considering but im a bit cautious about the fact that its not a US car.I also have not seen the car in the flesh so made me hesitant to pull the trigger. I bought my TR sight unseen too but it was from ferrari of Orlando so i felt a bit more confident than this one.

9. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I personally would never buy or want a Mclaren. Consider what the Mclaren will be worth in 5 years and what the 512tr will be worth and we can see who wins out. If someone is worried about the maintenance and needs a warranty then buy a new car. The 512tr after all is an old car. But I suspect people buy it for that reason along with many others. I'm wondering why the Mclaren is so cheap. Oh, I already know the answer.

Natkingcolebasket69 and Shamile like this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

I agree with u- thats why i bought a tr. that being said bumper to bumper warranty if u lease the car via premier or Putnam there isnt much to lose;)
    I bought the tr for the looks, sound and driving experience cant beat that!

11. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Beat me to it!

A 512tr will hold it's value far better than any electronically laden dime a dozen exotic.
    Where I service my Testarossa at the Koenigsegg service center, they get Mclaren's in. The owner of the shop rolls his eyes as the parts support isn't there....and they're incredibly expensive to maintain when something goes wrong.

Stick to a 512tr. If you want a good shop to service it without the attitude, European Exotic Center in Clearwater FL.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Your funny Shamile I must say! Unfortunetly I have been there and done that my whole life. Bought new cars and literally watched them drop to nothing. I understand the Mclaren is a real pos in many ways. Extremely unreliable, expensive and Depreciates horribly. No thank you. If I wanted a car like the Mclaren I would just keep my corvette Zo6. It's fast, it's dependable with a warranty although I don't need the warranty and is as boring to look at as watching paint dry. I was bored with that car inside of 12 months. I'm sure the Mclaren would get on my nerves much sooner with the above mentioned negative attributes. The zo6 is also really good at one thing, depreciation. This car dropped in half already and no surprise as everyone has one. It's funny I mentioned the Mclaren to a car collected friend today and he said all these things as well as everyone has got one, nothing special.

Shamile likes this.
  13. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    When I see pictures of your car and others here I am always excited and happy that these cars are around.

Shamile likes this.
  14. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I don't mean to knock what you are saying But I personally went down all of those roads first. Example in my mind, don't buy the 512tr as it will be extremely expensive to maintain and not knowing the reality. So I go out and buy every other new car that I like. All the time I keep watching and looking at the 512tr wishing I owned one. I wanted to play it safe and have a dependable car. At this point in life I realized in terms of car buying that I was done playing it safe as I wasn't getting what I really wanted. I came to the conclusion, if this car costs me 100k in 5 years in maintenance so be it, I didn't care anymore. Now I realize there is no way this car will cost me that. I'm happy as can be knowing I'm going to spend 10-20k every 5-6 years on the major and Some every year for fluid changes and anything that breaks. Like I said, happy as can be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

15. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Thanks!

My Testarossa while a platinum award winner is an absolute daily driver! The car is drop dead reliable and as much as I love and prefer Lamborghini V12's I definitely cannot say that.

I just went into the garage and snapped this picture of the mileage (67,581)....just came home from work in the car.

I had a major service done last November and have put 6,700 miles since then. I have driven it every day and have spent a total of $300.00 in one year for an oil filter and oil. Damn filter is like $130.00 now. I remember when it was $50.00 lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice! Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Natkingcolebasket69

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree! I only mentioned the mclaren because i thought it was a good deal;) i never owned anything but italian.
    U will see ur 512tr wont cost u that much : insurance, breaks are cheapish... the main issue is sourcing the parts at times but its well worth it ;) enjoy!

Zeff likes this.
  17. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    That's awesome. I love the fact that you drive your car daily. I bought this perfect car from Clay, which is what I wanted but I can't stand to take it out on the road as it's so perfect. Clay should have been a Ferrari Judge as he would find little imperfections and have them repaired at the dealer. I love the fact that he did that but now I can't drive it. I realized that I'm going to have to find one with some imperfections and buy another one lol. I also want a diablo too. Although it sounds like it from you that I'll have to spend the big bucks on the Diablo. No compromises for me anymore just so you know Shamile.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  18. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Totally agree! I only mentioned the mclaren because i thought it was a good deal;) i never owned anything but italian.
    U will see ur 512tr wont cost u that much : insurance, breaks are cheapish... the main issue is sourcing the parts at times but its well worth it ;) enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Nat, I just want you to not make a mistake that I made. You know how special these cars are. Plus I want another 512tr buddy here in SJ. I only know of one other which is a Black one from Watsonville.

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Thanks Nat, I just want you to not make a mistake that I made. You know how special these cars are. Plus I want another 512tr buddy here in SJ. I only know of one other which is a Black one from Watsonville.[/QUOTE]

Sure thing...she is coming home early next year. To be honest i tried many new ferraris and like shamile and others says; every time i think about it or consider another car i always come back to the tr family as being the best car for the money AND the one that provides the most thrilling driving experience...if pushed a little in twisty roads! Enjoy!

20. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the 512tr has, and will continue to, age like sofia loren.
    the maclaren will age like mylie cyrus.

21. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    That's a scary and ugly thought. But I like it!

22. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    Natkingcolebasket69: what do you understand under: not moving ?
    not get sold or engine not moving/running?

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Not moving as in not selling

24. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    ok, I thaught so
    thx

25. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    feel the same way about my tr please post pics of yours.diablo prices are still very very high i usto own a vt and sv great expreince i had with them.i will get one again but only a 01 6.0

Shamile and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.