Testarossa Trunk Carpet Question | FerrariChat

Testarossa Trunk Carpet Question

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by jim94-348, Jan 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #1 jim94-348, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm getting new carpet for the trunk area of my 1986 TR. The car isn't here and the company that is making it is overseas and they need to know the direction of item #3 in the picture so they can finish it. Can someone look and tell me if the arrow in the other picture is towards the front of the car or the back based on the shape of this piece?

Thanks for the help!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Arrow to the rear

3. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    That's what I thought. Thanks fo rthe help. trying to get it ready for Cavallino and this is the missing piece.

4. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Get it right. My other half is your Chief Class Judge.

5. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I've ordered it from HVL out of the Nethelands and it is the carpet supplier to Classiche so it should be right. I'm just hoping Henk gets it here in time. Please ask your other half to go lightly on a black 86 single mirror. :) Will you be there as well? I'm judging the flat 12's and it would be nice to meet you while there. I think the car is pretty complete and I received a 97.5 at the last show but I'd love to get another set of eyes on it and your feedback before or after the concours.

6. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Henk is a good guy and makes good stuff. I am sure it will be nice. He has been at Cavallino the last 2 years as I recall.

I'll be there. Are you doing TR&430? If so she'll be your CCJ. I'll be there. If you are going to the judging seminar lets talk. If you are one of her judges you should have her email via Chris. Get her your cell # so we can find each other.

On show day you know how early we get there. As CCJ I'll be in the awards meeting till long after the cars are all gone. If we look at the car it will need to be another time. At the track maybe.

7. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'm on the 512's but I usually do TR's but since my car is being judged Chris moved me. I'll PM you my cell and we can meet Thursday at the judge's meeting.

8. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I'll call you Thursday.

9. grantb

grantb Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Columbia SC
    Full Name:
    Danny Burnstein
    I see that you were able to source a trunk carpet set for your Testarossa.
    I have not been able to do so.
    Can you tell me who you used and if you were pleased.
    Thanks very much
    Grant Danny B

10. Grease Donkey

Grease Donkey Karting

Jul 5, 2018
    Zurich, Switzerland
    @grantb: the conversation was about HVL interiors in NL. I've got the same problem and have sent them an email to ask if they can help. They are currently off on vacation so might not Reply until october. Will keep you posted on Progress.

11. Grease Donkey

Grease Donkey Karting

Jul 5, 2018
    Zurich, Switzerland
    #11 Grease Donkey, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Henk was very nice, but can't supply the part. I've found Ferrari Part No. 61492700 on eurospares.co.uk to order. Have ordered and will now find out if it can be delivered, too .... ;-)

12. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Have you considered having a local upholstery place make new ones?

13. Azamamir

Azamamir Rookie

Jan 6, 2021
    Full Name:
    Amir Azam
    The trunk carpet need to be specially shaped at the wheel arches as I understand. Is this company in Holland doing this HVL . I am also looking for new trunk and interior carpet any contacts available or recommendations. I read the thread about this company called Lakewell so I have been put off that as I nearly ordered from them. They also do not do the trunk carpet .

14. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hi,
    HVL is great. They can get the correct carpetta, send you samples, and make it to fit. I know Henk Van Lith and he made it special for me. I am not certain that he does it regularly. Please tell him that I sent you and he might do it. The website is www.hvlclassicleathers.nk. His email is
    [email protected]

15. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I forgot to mention that I had to send my old carpet to him and he used it as a pattern. It came back and fit perfectly.

16. Azamamir

Azamamir Rookie

Jan 6, 2021
    Full Name:
    Amir Azam
    Thank you so much.