Testarossa w/strips with black felt found | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Testarossa w/strips with black felt found

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Sep 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    #51 Philwozza, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
    When the door is closed the tubular neoprene seal squashes down so the top of the neoprene seal is parallel with the top of the felted part.

P

2. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    #52 kerrywittig, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That's an easy fix...............go to any hobby shop or art supply store and ask to purchase some CA glue. I and others that fiddle with RC cars use it to re-glue tires together that we have either narrowed or modified. It's VERY strong and will probably be the "strongest" part of the weatherstripping! Below is a pix of a product that is readily available from an art supply shop.

Here is a link that explains all about CA glue http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate

And here is a place to buy a "variety" of CA products http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/towr3800.html

Kerry
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
  4. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Does it come with the black felt or just red? Mine has shrunk (!) and doesn't seal properly... starting to rain regularly around here so a solution - even not the perfect match - would be welcomed! THX for your effort.

5. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Kerry,
    Thanks for the links and the chat today. Never knew a flexible cyanocrylate was available: bought the Flex-Zap II from eBay tonight.
    JAH

6. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Ok..........Not to be pushy, but I am about to order up about 660 feet of the weather stripping in black...............Yes I am going to make available 25 sets (both doors) of weather stripping at a cost of $190 per set........which includes shipping within the US.............any interest? If so PM me please.

Kerry

7. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    I am a little confused, Mr Chairman started the thread, Philwozza got the sample, and Kerry is offering the sets.... I committed to set and don't want to double up on the order... Chairman, Philwozza am I included in you extra sets? Kerry are you ordering for everyone? Please clarify!

8. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    So which one are you going to go for Kerry?

P

9. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    Jagbuff,

I said that I would do the necessary to check it was the correct part as I will be buying some for myself. I also offered to do what was necessary to smooth you in the USA getting the required product from the UK.

I am not taking any part in putting the USA order together as I thought that someone in the USA was doing that bit.

I will do what I can to help anyone, but it will be better if there is only 1 person to deal with with in the USA if there is a large multipart order.

I am still assuming we are talking the UK part here

Phil

10. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Thanks for the response and clarification Phil, the thread has been a little confusing with the other door seal being discussed, and a couple of folks doing the research at the same time. As I am in the US I will connect with Kerry once the final selection has been done.

11. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    #61 curtisc63, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
    Like Jagbuff I am confused. I thought Robby was leading this effort and I told him I would be interested in a set. Now, Kerry (the Search & Find Meister) is offering sets.

Robby you out?

Are you going to get them from Kerry?

Is there no distributor here in the US for that product that might be easier to deal with?

Will an F50 ever be made of wood?

Will Shamile shun us all for using a non-OEM part on our TRs? ;)

For answers to all these and more, I will stay tuned...

12. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    #62 kerrywittig, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I to am confused..........I saw that there was alot of indecision as to who, what and where.............so (and I may have jumped the gun) I made some inquiries to the UK Company about purchasing a coil............Which equates to 6 1/2 sets of weather stripping. So I said a half set is no good, might as well get 2 coils = 13 sets..............I then started counting how many people were interested and spoke up on the thread and decided F it, I'll get 4 coils and sell whats left on ebay.

I don't wanna interfer with whom ever is going to do this here in the States.............
    So anyone that has commited to co-op buy on the 6 sets that somebody (I can't remember who anymore) here is eventually getting........go for it, I am sure I will find plenty of takers to buy up what I eventually purchase.

I'll just say this, at some point in the next few weeks I will have some of the weatherstripping that has been shown here (the red stuff, but in BLACK).

Kerry

This is what I am getting...........in BLACK

13. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #63 Mr.Chairman, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
    As far I knew I was handling but Kerry has a hot as*.. Kerry I think you did jump the gun and I find it very annoying.. You have ants in your pants. I was waiting for Phil to trial fit his piece to see how it fastened before I placed the order plus I am working and was getting everything together to present to the chat... Your price is off as well.. Total cost for 50 meters is $366.00 US dollars plus shipping.. It should cost around $61.00 per set + shipping costs from the UK (to be divided) and then shipping to interested parties.. Local parties can pick up to save costs.. Since your so anxious to move forward you take the lead, f*ck off and choke on your profits..... I will get my own sh*t and offer to split with five other guys.. I was not interested in a profit, just making a strip available so fellow TR brothers can benefit.. This discussion between us is over Kerry... Your an as*hole and I don't take sh*t from people like you..!!

R

14. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Excellent........

15. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    Robbie,

Keep me on the list please, but the product sent to Phil appears very similar to that which I located in Oz, and it really didn't fit too well mate.

Let's stand by, have Phil do his test fit and see what he thinks.

16. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Just spoke with Phil via pm and he is a bit ill.. He will get to his garage when he can and advise. Hope he is feeling better...

Be well..

Robbie

17. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    C'mon Phil, snap out of it.

You Pommies are supposed to be tough as nails!!

Get well mate.

18. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Nooo.....I'm just shaking my head in amazement. :D

You're getting weatherstrip that Uzzscorer has proven DOESN'T fit properly?

Try and relax Robbie....I know you mean well and commend you for all the effort you have put forth.....but think "twistlock thread"

.....oh how the best of intentions can end up. :D

I think Uzz has "been there - done that" on the weatherstrip that Phil is testing. It may fit but just not right.

Remember....

"the quality remains after the low price is forgotten"

yeah yeah.....

I like....

"When the doors go up....the panties go down"

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

19. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    I thought I heard rocks rattling! ;)

Wow. Just wow on this whole thing. Robbie, I committed to assist you in distributing the cost over a group. If, based on Phil's results (and hopefully photos), you decide to move forward, I will still get a set with your buy. If Phil shows us what Robert is proposing and you decide not to go forward - nothing is lost.

CC

20. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Robert,

I know you posted pics of the trim pieces. Can you possibly post pics of the trim installed in the door frame? Maybe point out your "problems with it"? Is it possible for you to show pics with the door closed on it?

CC

21. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Very good suggestion.

22. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    I am now dosed up on all types of chemicals, especially for my blocked sinuses, only a good dose of rum is missing :(

I will get out to the garage tonight and see what I can do to fit and measure any differences between the two seals.

Will post up the results later.

23. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Rocks?

not rattling....but I do get them off.....opps....other head :D

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

24. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    That's some funny sh*t....very funny!! Right out of Fireside Theatre.....or Monty Python!

25. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    It's the weekend of Bathurst here. The Worlds greatest touring car race.

It's like superbowl for Americans.

So the garage can burn down, but for two days I don't get out of my chair in front of the plasma.

So if you blokes can wait a day or two, I'll dig out the old bit, stick it on the door and take pictures of the crook fit.

Standby, a bloke has to have priorities!

Besides, just two days ago my Pantera arrived from Boston, so I'm infactuated with that this week. A real left hand drive, USA spec Pantera in my shed!