Thank you, FerrariChat... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Thank you, FerrariChat...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 134282, Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i'm undecided... Undecided and in a bind since some wise ass went ahead and registered as NNO yesterday, thus rendering that name unavailable to me, should i make the decision to go with it... Now i'm not sure what to go with...

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    How about Juggy Gales or Frank Rizzo? :)

3. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    DES,

Next time you need to spend at least out here! And at least a few days in Santa Barbara!

4. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Do what you think its best and what you will be happy.

If you go with NNO...You could ask Rob about changing name.
    I'm sure he will help.

Like you said ,DES is no longer your name.

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL...!

Bob, i was originally toying with the idea of a few days in February, but now i'm re-thinking my California vaction strategy...
    Since Cavallino is in August and Ferrari is the featured marque at Cavallino this year, i think it would be VERY wise of me to attend... So i'd like to go, but, since i'm out there, i might as well hang out with "the boys" right...? That's the other issue... What is everyone doing around that time in August...? i don't think two trips to California is feasible this year... i'm hoping to make a trip to New Orleans late this year, so that, plus a trip to California will be a handful for me... Are you planning on attending Cavallino this year...? Maybe it should be an FDC thing... Make it an event within an event...
    Bob, you have my number, right...? It would be awesome to see you and the others again...

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Exactly...! Some people aren't grasping that... :) Thanks, John...

7. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

DES,
    You have done very well for youself. I was 30 years old before I'd even seen a Ferrari in real life.
    Then 35 before I ever drove one. As I know you have already learned, it doesn't seem to matter how much money you have, it's more how much enthusiasm you have.
    Good luck in the future.
    Bill

8. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Congrats on all your experiences and the various milestones you have hit on FerrariChat.

It will be great to see you again.

Have you officially/legally changed your name?

p.s. you have a standing invitation to drive the 512. Also, what does NNO mean? I have been trying to figure it out without success.

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Congrats! Always fun to read your posts. :)

10. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    DES,

I'll be at Monterey this year fur sure. And no, I do not have your number.

Bob

11. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
  12. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Carbon, you rock!! :)

13. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    Congratulations, Carbon. Watch your mirrors, I just broke 200 posts! ;-)

JMJ

(The lurker formerly known as Fonce R. Cheval)

14. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    why don't you post the link to your first post

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Glassman, thank you...

Ron, are you serious...? A 512...? Oh, man...! i can't even imagine...! Any chance you'll be at Monterey this year...? It would be great to see you again, too...
    Yes, the name change is official... Just need to take care of a few things, now, like go to the bank, file the change form with the DMV and contact our payroll company (that's the most important!)... i already changed it with Sprint so now it reads Carbon McCoy on caller IDs - no more *67...! :D
    When you look at NNO, just think of my favorite car of all time... You'll figure it out... :)

Thanks, Jerry... Make sure to slap Gus around when he gets out there... Pop wheelies, don't stop at the tolls and be real cute with the mouth... Show him Ferrari love, Cali-style... :)

Andrew, Andrew & Impala, thank you...

JMJ, LOL... i'll be keeping my eye on you...

Tom, i have no idea what or where it is... It was probably something stupid... Mark PDX probably knows... i think he said it was about when i got a ticket in NJ a few years ago racing a 360 in my friend's Grand Cherokee... :)

17. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Carbon,
    You don't know me from Adam, we've never met and rarely exchange posts but since I started here on Fchat you have been constantly positive in your contributions. A fixture of Ferrarichat without whom this site would not have as much character. Much appreciated is your sense of humor, quick wit and vivid writing of events that you have participated in, that always has me ROTFLMAO.

I don't know exactly why you have chosen the name Carbon but that is irrelevent. I got to know you as DES and even when seeing the name Carbon my brain will say DES.

Hoping sometime we can meet when you come out to the 'left' coast next time.

After 10,000 posts what's left?

Congratulations, DJ

18. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    LOL! I'm sure Jerry and Jordan and the rest of the Cali crew will take good care of me. While I'm out there I plan on checking out Crystal Cove. I'll try to take pics of an Enzo from 3,763 different angles for you. :)

19. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    A few early posts for the DES enthusiasts:

Post #1 & 5
    Cop Stop

Post #3 & 12
    Long Island Rally running with an F50

Post #18
    Coolest Car your Dad Drove

Post #6 & 7
    Where do you live?

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, Parks, thank you... i hope when i get out there, we can meet, too... Any chance you'll at Monterey this year...? i'm really hell-bent on being there- Ferrari's the featured marque this year...!!!
    As with everything, there's a story behind the name Carbon... When i get out there, let me buy you a beer (or some other socially acceptable beverage) and i'll tell you about it...
    What's left after 10,000 posts...? 15, 20, 50 & 100 thousand posts...! (Rob, please tell the "goons" to stop calling my office, following me home and mailing me threatening letters... i'll send you a check for bandwidth, i just need a little more time...:D)

21. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!!! Only 3,763 angles...? You're a slacker...! :D

Mark, thanks for digging those out of the archives... i really wanted to see those and have them rehashed... (Can you sense the sarcasm, or should i keep going...?:D)

22. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    You are most welcome :D

Post #20 They Got Me!

23. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Wow, I was the first one to respond directly to DES. I'm sorry guys, I led him on, look at him now! :)

24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO, Jim...!

Nice, Mark... Very nice...

25. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    DES, (Carbon), Congrats!! I'm on target to hit my 10,000th post sometime right around April 21, 2031. Give or take a year or so.....
    Ed