Thank you Steve M ! | FerrariChat

Thank you Steve M !

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by NYCFERRARIS, Oct 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Moderator: apologies - not sure where a post like this would go - but feel free to move where appropriate.

I don't know Steve - never spoke to him but nevertheless a simple gentleman's thank you to Steve M. -- I was just reading his article in FML from December 1994 ! on removing the air injection system from a USA spec 308QV- it is comprehensive, helpful and he even mod'ed up some special plugs at the time to replace the air injectors. -- He is often one of the first persons to respond to my tech questions as do many others (often in minutes) -- I just realized he has been at this a loooong time and hopefully didn't forget anything and is eager to share --

cls likes this.
  2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    You're very welcome, and thanks for the kind words. When I bought my first Ferrari in 1987, the (printed and mailed to you) FML was about the only F information resource available besides the official F manuals so DIYing and just getting parts, or even knowing what parts to get, was much more difficult. This internet thing has been a boon, but it does remind me sometimes that I do forget stuff when someone refers me to a prior post I had made, and I have no recollection at all of making it ;).

cls, Texas Forever and Llenroc like this.
  3. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    You know Steve fchat should compile all your DYI posts together in an archive file for reference. Always like reading your responses whether I personally need the info or not.

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    When he was alive, Gerald told me most of his readers liked the paper version because they can read it in the can.

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I stayed with the FML printed version when the online version became available ;)