That's one EVIL 360!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

That's one EVIL 360!!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Myami, Feb 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

I want it to have another 100hp so that IT will be a match for a lesser superbike from 60mph on. The reason it needs 100more hp, is the same reason you most likely did not buy a 250 Sport bike. Speed is addicting.

2. Red Baron

Red Baron Rookie

Feb 14, 2004
    N. Cal
    I'm VERY partial to Spiders, and especially RED (which my 355, and all of my bikes are)...but this particular 360 is probably one of the best looking I've ever seen - WOW!

I say negotiate the best deal you can, and BUY IT!

3. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    i want another 100hp so my $150K ferrari can keep up with vipers, vettes, porsches, sl55's, cl55's, and lambo's.

how can you believe the current 360 has enough HP and is not in need of more? how can you not WANT more? do you think the enzo has too much HP?

4. usynlig

usynlig Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    utah
    another shot.

5. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    It's a great looking body kit, and if it's for road use only why bother with any extra bhp? Unless you routinely do stupid illegal things on public roads you will never use more than 50% of the car's potential anyway.

The kit has some excellent advantages for the track though (360's get wiggly at speed), so if it were a track car, or a dual purpose car, an extra 30-50 bhp would help take advantage of the extra downforce front and rear (I assume these mods are aerodynamic and not just trim pieces).

Anyway, it does look terrific. If you are in the market for a first 360 might as well get the prettiest one you can find. Just make sure that if these modifications are aerodynamic, and if you do track it, the front and rear spoilers must be correctly matched for downforce (like the N-GT cars). Otherwise you run the risk of having the front or rear go airborne when you hit takeoff speed.

6. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    The feelings associated with speed and acceleration/deceleration are great and perhaps the only redally new experience for mankind since we left the caves. Again, however, it's not a simple question of bhp, and I know Alan, that you know this too.

My issue at the start of this thread is that simple to say the car would be even better with another 100bhp is just palin daft, what real difference would that make, IMHO none or very little.

If I was the owner of that car and had put time, effort and money into making it something I felt was better than the original I'd sure be fed up to have some guy come over and say 'great car, shame it's not got 100bhp more' it's a dumb thing to say and makes no sense at all by itself.

As for the bike, how the hell do you know it's not a 250? One of the quickest accelerating bikes I have ever driven was actually a TZ125 Yamaha and from a production point of view, looking at two very similar bikes, the Ducati 748 and 998 have almost identical performance figures while the first is certainly down on power.

7. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I want a better car in many ways but ultimatly it's not an bhp issue, but a power/weight issue and for lots and lots of reasons I'd give of weight before I'd ask for more power.

Please, look at what I'm saying. To simple say a car would be better with another 100bhp is just stupid. The Caterham 7 here in the UK will demolish all of the cars you mention and it has far fewer ponies. It will outhandle of of those cars, out break them and use less petrol doing so. I wouldn't buy one as your head sticks out of the top but it certainly proves that just crying 'I want more bhp' like some spoilt kid is not the answer

8. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    actually it's Hamann, not Hamman. Hamann is mainly an aftermarket BMW tuner, but unlike AC Schnitzer, Hartge, Hamann is known as German "rice" due to their a little over-the-top bodykits similar to those kamikaze kits on hondas. I personally like ferraris or other exotics to keep their body panel and wheels stocks

9. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    We are talking about a street Modena here. Of course reduced weight is usually preferable to increased horsepower ( I prefer both though) but that is not easily or cheaply done on the car in question. I think most people on this board understand power to weight ratios. This car WOULD be better with 100 more hp, and anyone who doesn't think so should hurry off to their badminton tournament and not worry about all that evil, icky and "unuseable on the street" horsepower.

P.S. The Caterham is fun, but I think my shifter Kart was a little more comfortable.

10. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    love the customized 360 but regarding hp, i think 400 is good enough. the problem with ferrari's small v8 is the torque. 275 ft/lb at high rpm is way too low for a supercar that weighs over 3000 lbs. my 348 only has 300 hp and is fine on street and track as long as i manage to keep speed and revs up. the problem i have is only 225 torque so up hills are problem and sometimes just dont want to down shift. need to increase displacement to 4.5 l and have 400 hp and 375 torque.

11. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J

I agree wholeheartedly, why mess with aesthetic perfection? BTW, hilarious avatar bro !! LOL

12. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J

LOL !! Badminton tournament .... hilarious.

13. usynlig

usynlig Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    utah
    Pretty car....

14. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    What drugs are you on?
    I have a TZ250 track bike, which is not even in the same outright performance league as my 999S. A TZ125 is great for turn speed, as far as bikes go, but terrible from an acceleration perspective. A 748 has it's ass handed to it by a 998. Their respective performance figures are far from being almost identical. WTF???????
    My modded 2003 E55 has a 20% RWHP and 30% torque increase, will do the standing quarter in 11's and I still want, no sorry, NEED more power.
    I recently bought the new Gallardo, even though the market in Australia is currently flooded with cheap 360's, because the Ferrari doesn't cut it from a performance perspective anymore. With another 100hp, I am sure I would have made a different decision.

Oh yeh, that Hamann 360 is drop dead gorgeous!

15. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've said more than once how I'm not a fan of the 360. I've called it a frog...but...I've found the 360 I would kill for. One who's styling knocks me out and this thread did it. Thanks a lot! :)

"My" 360, with pictures to help you:

Black 6-speed coupe
    Tan interior with aluminum accents, black dash and door caps
    Tan 550 Barchetta seats
    360CS wheels
    Hamann side skirts
    Hamann rear wing
    Imola front facia
    challenge grill
    shields

I could be convinced of the black interior shown, but I've always been a fan of black/tan.

Anyone with a little photochop time on their hands? I'd love to see this car!

Mark

16. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That Imola facia is how the 360 should have looked from day one. Fabulous.

Mark

17. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Thats a Players Run Car.

Out

18. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
  19. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I agree 100%, that BMW is horrendous. But for some reason I like their rather "understated" approach to the 360. The side skirts are unique and give a very rounded car the edge it needs. I also happen to like the wing on it, kind of a 360GT look without being completely outrageous. However I would not use the ugly Hamann rear grill -- challenge grill all the way. I also like the rear undertray addition. Add in the Imola front end and you have one drop-dead gorgeous 360. Picture this car with the challenge grill and the Imola front and you have it.

Mark

20. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Why would you indicate in the title that the car is "evil" , yet say in your post that it looks "sweet" ? Which is it, evil or sweet ? Or is that some type of gheto language like when people say something they like is "bad" ? I have never understood why allegedly educated people fail to properly use the language they were taught ? It really makes one look like an idiot IMHO.

21. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Actually, the correct spelling is "ghetto" as long as we are picking here. And "IMHO" does not really apply when you are calling someone an idiot just because you don't agree with, or unsderstand, their choice of words and associated meanings.

22. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Good Article.