The 1 and the ONLY 599 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The 1 and the ONLY 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by Ferrari612, Apr 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari612

Ferrari612 Rookie

May 27, 2005
    Thanx all for replying, every one got taste something i like maybe someone else will not like so that what he likes if someone do not like he`s choice it is just an opinion will not change anything
    by the way soon i`ll upload a new pics of the same car with the lambo .
    he loves the coloure he use to have PORSCHE.TURBO with the same coloure

2. F50GT

F50GT Karting

Aug 16, 2007
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Wow, I don't know if I would ever get any car like. That poor LP640 and the 599. But, to each his own I guess.

3. ExclusiveMotorcars

Jan 4, 2006
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Rob Leighton

I've seen a 360 floating around with this color combo... prob the same guy. I don't mind the color, but not on a Ferrari.

4. BANANA

BANANA Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2007
    black, silver, red, etc is so common and boring ,I loooove that colour or any colour that is different, orange, pink, purple, pearls . The owner is a prince from the qatari royal family he can afford it and chose a colour to mark his cars out from the rest of the 599's and murcielagos.

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I agree, I am tired of Red and Black but I would not pick a color that would make my car look like a 1950's kitchen appliance.
    All we need now is a come-back of shag carpet.

6. Asmod3uS

Asmod3uS Karting

Apr 6, 2004
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That interior would look amazing if it was all black leather with only the stitching in blue.

7. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    what disgusting colour...

8. TheFinest

TheFinest Rookie

Aug 24, 2007
    Santa Monica, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian

You are killing me with this. Bad taste should never be thought of acceptable, especially from those with money. It is o.k. if you just don't know, but to know the difference and still have bad taste is just.... pathetic.

9. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Not sure I agree. When a carmaker or buyer has to resort to outlandish colors it's usually a last-ditch effort to create some kind of interest. The problem with the Gallardo/Murcielago (which look basically the same, like brightly painted origami projects) and the 599 (which looks like the Maser GT and a bunch of lesser cars) is that they aren't that distinctive in basic red, black, or silver. You never had to do this with the Daytonas, or Boxers, or TRs or 308s. Even the Countach, which you probably like a lot more than I do, was usually seen in red, black or white. That was an icon. In a way, white is the ultimate 'in your face' color because it says that you have zero concern about calling attention to yourself.

Hell, Steve McQueen's Lusso was maronne (metallic beige, LOL). Go figure, the 'King of Cool' didn't need a friggin' neon car...

Think of other incredible cars, like the 300SL Gullwing, and almost all of them are silver, black or red. It's the same deal. Legendary cars don't need gimmicky paint jobs. Blame the owner, maybe, for that 599, but shame on Ferrari for selling out.

Again, these new cars have to be given the M&M treatment in the paint shop because otherwise they really are all the same.

10. JWolf

JWolf Karting

Apr 21, 2007
    How to take the world's most beautiful car and make it look like *&^%!

11. 355bnut

355bnut Karting

Jan 8, 2006
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    DomC

12. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    True, all cars have some colors they wear especially well (e.g., 355s somehow look 'right' in yellow).

But we have a difference of opinion here: I think the 599 looks irredeemably hideous in aqua blue. It's a very conservative design to start, and someone felt the need to make sure it grabbed attention commensurate with the price paid. In fact, the 599 does not look good to me in all colors, or even many colors.

Daytona owners, on the other hand, seem to know their cars will be admired in red, black, silver or more traditional colors. I.e., there's no need to 'yell'. It's a Daytona - an important, historic, loud and beautiful Ferrari with a dramatic profile. You don't need clown shoes and spinners to get people to look at you in a Daytona.

13. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Well I wouldn't order my 599 in that color but it's defenitely nice to see that someone got something different from red/black/grey.

14. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    holy ****.......HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. 355bnut

355bnut Karting

Jan 8, 2006
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    DomC

16. bhdn

bhdn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    Poland
  17. MAD308

MAD308 Karting

Feb 19, 2005
    Montréal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Marc-André Desrosier
    sorry, it's plain ugly. You would not look at a Lady wearing the some colors.

18. laxn23

laxn23 Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nick
    It reminds me of the Maserati MC 12 interior which I wouldnt pick but they made it like that for a reason I guess. So i wouldn't complain

19. Ferrari612

Ferrari612 Rookie

May 27, 2005
    #119 Ferrari612, Sep 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    #120 RoWis, Sep 27, 2007
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Ferrari612

Ferrari612 Rookie

May 27, 2005

Did not understand

22. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #122 Sfumato, Sep 27, 2007
  23. 68rcodemustang

68rcodemustang Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Mullet
    that's just horrible. Let's hope those are Stevie Wonder's cars.

24. Ferrari612

Ferrari612 Rookie

May 27, 2005
    The owner has not change the shape he has only change the coloure if u guys can provide proof on FERRARI letter headed paper in Black&White print that Ferrari Officialy states only the coloure RED should be used. please let me know so i may inform the owner ;-)

25. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #125 Sfumato, Sep 27, 2007
    The blue car's leather and the paint match, I like it a bit. I think he may have had a Maranello in the same colors. The green car's interior doesn't mathc the exterior. Two shades of green are disgusting. The yellow on yellow car is an attention whore's dream. :p
    Paint/interior to sample (not flashy, not red) was ordered on my 599. 599's are personalized far more than other F-cars now, as I think the owners wish to keep them longer. Some like the bling though. Something this fast needs low-profile colors to use as intended. Anything else attracts too much attention.