The 15 New Models by 2022 - What We Know | Page 10 | FerrariChat

The 15 New Models by 2022 - What We Know

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Forza Scuderia, Feb 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    You are sad.

Bye.

2. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    stavura, Doug23, mofatmi9 and 2 others like this.
  3. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    What do you mean? I hope you can explain it. thx··

4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    So, let me cut through the BS....... basically get bent over the couch. You have to love Ferrari. I can hear the Maranello strategy sessions....."What can we do to make normally reasonably intelligent people lose their collective minds to stand in line to buy overpriced cars that will rarely be used for anything other than showing off at coffee"? "And while we are at it, make sure they must tack on $70-$80K of fairly useless (but highly profitable) carbon bits". "And make sure Guido dials in lots of driver's aids, to make sure our pigeons don't kill themselves in their 800hp GT' whatever, since he probably can't handle 100hp while sipping his non-fat caramel macchiato while taking selfies".

I have loved Ferrari since I was 6 and have owned, driven and raced them for 30 years. Maybe I'm just saturated, but they just aren't that special or unique anymore. In virtually any larger city, you can't swing a cat without seeing a half dozen of them parading along at 5 under the speed limit. The only place that it is rare to see a Ferrari (especially the track biased cars), is a race track. These cars in the '50s, '60s and even the '70s, were bought by enthusiasts (not for the pretty pony on the hood), but for the performance they could get on the road and track. That, I am afraid is no more. Ferrari isn't the only expert at convincing clients to buy track focused 'specials' that in reality will never see a track. Porsche may be the champions. I was recently at a little get together and there were 10+ GT3/GT2RS', all polished and looking good. Funny, I had not seen even one of them at the last 3 track days I attended. But I digress.

Having said this, if I owned the company (and I do), I would encourage them to do the same thing...double those profits. The magic is truly gone. The only magic is making wallets empty. I think it was PT Barnum that said, "Never give a sucker an even break"!

gabf1, DGPF, theplanner and 2 others like this.
  5. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    #230 Forza Scuderia, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Personally I have no problem with them doubling their profits and making more models and more limited edition cars. Yes compared to what we are used to it seems excessive product expansion by many. But only relative to the past. On an absolute basis even if they go to 15,000 vehicles a year ( which I think they will with the FUV ) that's still a very exclusive number. 15-million vehicles are sold in the U.S. each year alone and sales in China are now approximately double that.
    If they continue to make excellent products I have no issue with it.

The demand for Ferrari limited edition and special version cars is many many times the amount of cars available so I am glad they are adding more of these which helps more people participate in these special cars. Also when you consider that only 4 or 5 out of a 499 limited edition run will be allocated to each dealership it is no surprise that those precious few allocations will go to the people who have bought the most cars from the factory and the dealer. Who would not create the same incentive and reward system if in the same position.
    It only makes sense to do exactly what they are doing.

Personally I hope they do ALL VS models like they did the Pista and Pista Spider... short but non-numbered production runs and allocated in tiers according to customer support of the factory through purchases and by supporting the brand itself by participating in events and racing. This non-numbered production system for VS models is much better. It's win win. More happy customers get these highly desirable cars and the factory makes more profits which they can then reinvest in making even more exciting cars. I hope they will produce cars under the 'limited number of cars' system only in the Icona offerings like the Monza and that they will now continue to build the VS cars in short but uncapped production runs like the Pista Spider.

One thing I highly disagree with the way they handle things currently is this ...
    What is the best engine for a Ferrari? A V-12.
    What is the best location for that engine for driving dynamics? Mid-rear engine. Of course.

I think it is highly unfair to Ferrari's entire customer base that a mid-engine V-12 only gets offered to 499 customers and even then just once every 10 years. Only giving such a car to such a small number of customers at such a long interval is just wrong. This system was started by LDM to ingratiate billionaire collectors to him personally. This is obsolete and it would be wrong for the company to perpetuate this. It's not okay! Who are the only parties that benefit from this? The collectors and the flippers. The factory really doesn't. Not nearly as much as they could. And the shareholders certainly don't. They are leaving untold billions on the table and building an unspoken resentment among the 99% of their customers who don't have realistic access to a
    mid-engine 12-cylinder Ferrari which is the quintessential iteration of the brand. Something like a LaFerrari should be the filet mignon on the regular menu. As if they couldn't also sell 499 re-bodied and slightly more powerful versions of such a car every 3-years if they wanted to at $2-million all day long. This policy is tragic and this hole in the line-up is gaping. They really should end this mid-engine V-12 famine and bread line and get it back on the roster available to all good customers who are ready to write a check for it.

Who's with me?!!!

6. Doug23

Doug23 Karting

Jun 23, 2017
    Italy
    Aborted? Or replaced by another project?

7. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    The post is self-explanatory. There is no rear-mid V12 halo car before 2022. The new main line supercar will be a rear-mid turbo/hybrid V8. F8 replacement will be a turbo/hybrid V6.

All of this, and more, has been known since Ferrari released their roadmap.

8. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
  9. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    They quoted an AutoExpress article in which is written that it’s unsure whether the upcoming hybrid will come with a V6 or V8.

10. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I dont understand being so emotionally attached to a product.

DGPF, LARRYH and jumpinjohn like this.
  11. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Purosangue? :D

12. Doug23

Doug23 Karting

Jun 23, 2017
    Italy
    It seems the Purosangue has code F175.
    However, Mr Massini said the FUV project has been scrapped and restarted from scratch, so it's possible that F165 = old Purosangue and F175 = new Purosangue?

F140C and kandi like this.
  13. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    There will be both, according to things gleaned from the official roadmap. I'm just wondering which will be revealed first. Since the F8 is out and will be around for a few years yet, revealing the V8 first would seem to make the most sense. But still just a guess.

14. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Well, as soon as I make up my mind about something, something contradictory comes up.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/news/642

Now they're saying the ICE sounds like a V6, AND there is renewed talk of it being branded as a Dino. lol

15. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    It has been my understanding that the V6 hybrid (LB) is at least 2 years away. So obviously it should be the V8 hybrid (BB) which is set to be launched within the next months.

16. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    In the post EXACTLY previous to yours, I posted a link to a story that says the V6 turbo/hybrid was seen and heard in Sweden, and that IT will be revealed next. Too funny.

Forza Scuderia and red passion like this.
  17. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Well they seem to confuse the different information. That might of course be a V6 tested in Sweden however but if it will be launched this year is another question.

G. Pepper likes this.
  18. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Unfortunately I think it's simple to do with this product.

19. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    Ferr9000 has mentioned what's next and in order. No one has surpassed his knowledge thus far.

20. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    All hail Ferr9000! :D

Very good, actually. :)

DGPF and paulchua like this.
  21. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    I'm just hoping that Ferrari SUV will be delayed as long as possible.;)

DGPF, stavura, Doug23 and 2 others like this.
  22. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015

My Dino Theory

Dino ... Dino ... Dino ... for gods sake what is this endless fascination and speculation about the second coming of the Dino. I've been reading stories and posts about this for 15 years now.
    But why? Seriously what is the fascination. Please don't anyone recite Wikipedia summary of Dino. We all know what it is and why it is a distinctive in certain ways part of Ferrari's history.
    We all know. Nobody here needs an education on this. But why this decade plus breathless anticipation of its return. The original is no 250 GTO. Yes it's pretty and lithe and some are pining for a simple light F car available under $200k. We get that. But it's not happening.
    Get over it. Ferrari would barely make a profit on that car and nobody on the board wants to get removed by activist hedge fund shareholders ... not even for you. And why on earth must seemingly 2 out of 3 blog stories or 'journalists' who post on this and other sites start announcing the second Dino coming any time ANY
    mid-engine car shows up near Maranello in camouflage?

Why this incessant Dino pumping?!!

Is everyone just a fan of The Flintstones? ... Fans of Dean Martin?

Seriously what the eff.

Yeah yeah you long for simple light Lotus Elan with Ferrari V-6 priced to take sales from the 911. Let me know when that happens. I'll wait...

For whatever inscrutable reason ... maybe just because the name is fun for people to say out loud ... there is undeniably an outsize interest in this car reappearing in modern form.

Ok you rabid Jurassic pet lovers ... I've got news for you. Some good news. Some bad news.
    Ok ok actually it's not news at all just reasoned speculation and admittedly nothing more...

My Dino Theory ... here is the good 'news' and by news I mean speculation! ...

I predict the Dino will return. And I predict this will happen in 2021.

Now want the bad news? Again by news here I mean pure speculation. I say that openly and I'm half kidding but half not kidding and yes I really am making this prediction...

Ok here is where I diverge from what you expect. The Dino is coming but not the way you hoped. I believe the Dino will come as an Icona in 2021. Remember this is not a recreation.
    The Iconas are modern interpretations of the idea, spirit and nostalgia of classic and iconic Ferraris of a bygone era.

2021 is the year the 488 gets replaced at the $350k price point and with 750hp but with active hybrid augmenting an engine with 2 less cylinders as a mid mounted V-6.

In order to celebrate the V-6 ... Ferrari will satisfy the endless clatter for a new Dino ...
    without diluting the Ferrari nameplate ... and the Icona Dino will actually be called Dino and it will be powered by and built on the platform of the new 750 bhp mid-engine V-6 arriving in 2021.

Another prediction ... it will be the least expensive Icona that will ever exist with 499 pieces priced at $495,000 each.

So there you have it Dino devotees. There is a saying in marketing, 'When the ducks are quacking throw them some crackers.' All you Dino denizens have been quacking for decades and now Ferrari is going to ring the cash register and toss you the petite little cracker you've been craving.

It's just going to cost you $495k not $195k.

23. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    wow that’s a lot of words...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Good theory.
    By the way, has anyone heard and/or read anything more about the Targa patent?
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ferrari-files-patent-new-targa-top-body-design
    It could play a role (albeit a minor one) in the 15-models roadmap up to 2022.

About the "Dino", as already hinted by Ferr9000, you can expect a "very small brother". I guess its slot should be under the LB.

Doug23 likes this.