The 15 New Models by 2022 - What We Know | Page 7 | FerrariChat

The 15 New Models by 2022 - What We Know

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Forza Scuderia, Feb 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Lord have mercy. What an inane back and forth. This thread started out as pretty cool, whether one is able (financially or otherwise) to play the Ferrari game or not, and it's spun out of control. Hopefully it gets back to the cars again soon.

ewright, scuderia-seat and LARRYH like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I for one appreciate your initial post on this thread as it was well thought out. Whether it’s accurate it remains to be seen.

But sharing what Ferrari’s you own wouldn’t hurt your case or credibility. Why not list the Ferraris you own?

There are others on this site that pontificate quite heavily but when you come to find out their ownership history, you kinda just roll your eyes at what they post.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Obviously you don't own crap with an obfuscating post like that. I smell BS all over this. And I'm from Texas where there is a lot of BS.

DGPF likes this.
  4. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
  5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #155 Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Tooo funny LMAO thanks!:D

It looks like FS is trying to get the F142-FL, but then why would he try to convince everyone to do the same? would lower his chances right?

Anyhow i do think it will be a winner.

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I woke up this morning yet somehow I don't feel any more enlightened. Did I not woke correctly?

LARRYH and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    No,you should initially experience FOMO...but if you don't get what you want then that particular model starts to tank you will get a dose of JOMO.

8. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    No you didn't get woke. Rather just doped! Lol.

Forza, I see you are our second noone1. You made me miss him!!

Can someone start a new thread with future cars alone and we carry out a man conversation without some kid pretending to be something else?

DGPF, Solid State, day355 and 2 others like this.
  9. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    #159 iloveferrari, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    It says about our ability to smell BS is proportional to our wealth, and thus ability to enjoy these toys .

I never have any problem with you summarizing information and sharing your hypothesis to begin with. That's why I only asked about your background relating to Ferrari to begin with. But when I start reading into first third of the thread and how you tried so hard to tell people to go buy this and that new from dealer, you immediately lost all credibility, at least to me. No ****e, Sherlock, was my first reaction. You are literally jamming in our throats with things we all know. Seriously I think we all know the dealers game and that buying new will elevate our ranks with the dealer/factory.

When challenged, you become defensive and more cocky and patronizing. Your subsequent usage of language reveals quite a lot about you. Your "get woke" is a nail in the coffin for me. Seriously how old are you? And how cocky are you? (Again you can't backup your credibility.)

Being enthusiastic about Ferrari, of course, no problem with that. Pretending to be enthusiastic with a different motive is something else.

Again, Forsa, the door is right there. I suggest you just register another user name using a VPN. Or go take a picture of the cars in your dad's dealership and say it's yours.

BS. BS. BS.

10. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    #160 sampelligrino, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Forza is one hilarious fanatic for Ferrari's future so I don't think he's doing anything harsh, I have no idea whether he is trolling us or not with how funny some of his posts are

I just think some foundational footing might help his case if he is this passionate about getting his point across lol

11. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    And if the co-workers don't know each others' F-chat names - that's the funny part. ;)

iloveferrari likes this.
  12. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Yes you are right because discussing where I can get leather key fob holders or how to install an aftermarket muffler is of no interest to me. I also think other topics of interest have been well covered by others on here. In the past we were lucky if we would get one new model or variant per year. This year we are getting 5. Then 3 more per year over next 3 years. I know some people still can't even wrap their heads around that but it's happening. The company's publiclly stated mandate to DOUBLE profits in 3 years means a wave of special editions and new models the likes of which we have never seen and I thought that was an exciting subject enough to warrant its own thread. And if you look at the amount of views skyrocketing on this thread maybe just maybe I was on to something ...

13. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Erm...Ferrari actually DID say ... very explicitly in fact ... that there IS a replacement for the LaFerrari coming right around 2022. Come on guys this is an easy one ... Do you really think they AREN'T going to take in an extra billion dollars selling 499 cars for $2-million plus on a 75th anniversary? Please let me know when and where you are going to be at a poker table next.

14. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Definitely delusional on the last sentence. Congratulations, you finally made my ignore list.

DGPF likes this.
  15. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Do you not know anyone who was 'on the list' for a 458 but never got one because their turn never came up before they ended production and they were offered to convert their order to 488? I know a number of people that happened to and really they wanted a NA car and they missed out. They didn't like the 488 as much and they never fulfilled their dream to spec a new 458. Have you not been reading posts about how many customers at many dealers are being told that the 812 coupe is for all intents and purposes sold out of its entire production run? Now those people are also faced with not getting to spec the car they wanted and in all likelihood will never be able to spec an unassisted naturally aspirated V-12. So on some of my recent sub posts on here I have been trying to help people avoid that happening to them. There are people on here of different ages, levels of experience and different customer tiers as far as the factory is concerned. Not everybody knows all the ins and outs about how the allocation process works and in fact it is a moving target. I can understand that the most cynical among you may misinterpret when I say 'get down to your dealer and get on the list for the F173' or similar ...in your wild-eyed conspiracy theory dreams that I am part of some marketing machine for some dealer or some company but ... you people need to breathe into a paper bag for a minute and calm down. I'm just trying to help people who may be interested in certain cars that are going to have huge order books as soon as they are launched not get shut out of those cars. In the mean time if anyone has updates, details or better information about these future models I'm sure everyone would love to hear about them. Thank you for all of your interest in this thread! Best

showme1946 likes this.
  16. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    The very question itself misses the whole point and is the wrong question. Again if you read ALL of my posts it should be pretty easy to figure out whether I'm an owner or not.

1. Upon reading ALL of my posts, how you answer that question for yourself will say a lot more about you than about me.
    2. I have zero inclination for and no upside to addressing this question head on. This is about future models not about me.
    3. The question itself is silly really because this is the internet. I could list any amount of cars and be lying about it. Alternatively I could list any number of cars, actually own them and yet be lying about the intelligence I have gathered. It's the wrong question.
    4. The biggest reason it's the wrong question is because readers should judge my predictions based upon the merits and logic of what I presented not their perception of my background. That's the easy way out. Use your heads. Examine what I've presented and determine for yourself whether it makes sense and should be heeded or not. If nothing else you now have a likely roadmap of most models coming out in the next 3 years. Hopefully it's useful or interesting to you. This is also going to be a work in progress and I anticipate that other knowledgeable members will add to the intelligence presented here over time to the betterment of all.

17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I already expressed my interest in getting a F142M FL spider when I see that it's real. I am not going to go give my salesman a deposit on a car I know nothing about. Your posts past the first one have gradually moved from informative to the realm of hyperbole. I am a 488 Spider owner and I actually like the car and think it's great which doesn't seem to be the consensus around here. The replacement or facelift or whatever, sounds like it has a chance to equal the Pista in both looks and power and thus would represent a decent new car but not at the higher price of the Pista or the track focus. Hopefully it will provide more bang for the buck but maybe not. Let's see about pricing and options when they get around to revealing that.

18. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    #169 Forza Scuderia, Feb 26, 2019
    The one car that is worthy of hyperbole is the F173. I haven't been breathless about any other car just that one. When it comes out everyone will understand that my histrionics about it were actually justified.

When it comes to the 488 hey you've got a great car there no doubt. Personally, while the torque is addictive and it's arguably STILL the greatest all-around sports car on the market right now, to me it was a step back from the 458 on three fronts. The sound which was decent for a turbo but unavoidably not as visceral as the NA 458. Also I could never get over the trapezoidal air intake scallop on the haunches with that annoying horizontal fin splitter bifurcating it awkwardly. Finally I thought the interior was a bit 'meh' and actually not as bold as that in the 458.

The Pista hit it out of the park with its exterior styling including getting rid of that annoying horizontal fin on the rear air scallop. The front and rear are awesome as well. It's a knockout full stop. Literally just adding a new 812-type interior to the Pista, plus poetically closing out the fifty-year run of entry level mid-engine V-8s by bringing back the quad taillights of the 308 is all it should take to push many enthusiasts over the line. I wasn't excited about the 488 but I'm pretty excited about the FL. I think it's actually going to be a way cooler car than many on here are thinking. I still predict it's going to be priced closer to the Pista than the ordinary 488.

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Let me sum up what this thread has evolved into.

In order to get allocations from ferrari- spend money.

Ok got it.

DGPF likes this.
  20. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    If you actually read the entire thread you can see that it got into very involved discussions about allocation dynamics because some members asked very involved questions about it. And they were very thoughtful intelligent questions. And it's not as simple as your overly glib post above implies.

Also this thread from post #1 just a few days ago represented what I believe to be the latest and greatest intel on the 15-car roadmap. It's not like there has been any other news or developments since then so until further information comes out or is communicated by knowledgeable members on here it is understandable that there has been some drift and that's to be expected.

21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I read the original post. I gave it a like. Then the thread turned and not in a good way. I question the accuracy and veracity of your postings. Like others, my BS meter is going up. Who knows, everything you say might be correct. But then again....anyways, when someone refuses to share their car ownership history, something just doesnt smell right.

Carry on.

22. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    I'm glad you are liking the thread. I don't agree with the opionion... opinion not fact... that a list of what cars are or aren't in my garage is relevant at all to this discussion. If this was a thread about aftermarket exhausts or some other petrol-head topic then maybe it would be. I know some of you guys reflexively make that your acid test on credibility but again on this subject it is highly irrelevant. Some people like to hang it all out there and some prefer to be more discrete and hopefully each position can be respected. Something else I'm really hoping is that the FL reveal this week brings us back to discussing cars and not bickering over credibility. But what do I know. I'm probably just a teenager. Or a shill for some dealership. Or a marketing bot.
    Right geniuses?

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Geniuses?

ok Im done here. Waste of me time to comment further.

DGPF and LARRYH like this.
  24. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    #175 Forza Scuderia, Feb 26, 2019
    I shall try to contain my disappointment.