The 2022 Quail's Grifo A3/C:Is it a continuation/tribute car? | FerrariChat

The 2022 Quail's Grifo A3/C:Is it a continuation/tribute car?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Sep 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I dropped on on the Quail (literally) in August and saw this exquisite Iso Grifo A3/C like the kind Drogo bodied for Iso but there was no sign to explain what you were looking at. Then on the net I see a business called Iso Restorations (on a separate site it says a business with that name was started by Roberto Negri. a long time Iso parts supplier)They how a car that's the same color but the side vents are different. Alas, my email to the address on the Iso Restorations website bounced so I still want to know:
    -Is the car pictured n their website the same exact car that was at Quail or a later one they built/restored? (see photographs below from their webpaage)
    -Is it built on Rivolta chassis?
    -If Piero Rivolta sanctioned it, how many did he say they could make?
    -How much do they sell for in USD?
    -How many have they built so far?

My interest is not as a customer, only as a historian and fine artist. I have a better view I shot from the back I haven't painted yet but I wonder if there's any opinion on if the 7000 rivets should show more? It seems like in the historical pictures I have seen of A3/Cs the rivets are much more prominent....(on the net somewhere . on an art site, there's a close up shot of just the door handle on a bare aluminum car with surrounding rivets that's a real work of art)

Any clues appreciated...
    -
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login