The 599GTB Fiorano reimagined.... Michiel's Vandenbrink GTO | Page 14 | FerrariChat

The 599GTB Fiorano reimagined.... Michiel's Vandenbrink GTO

Discussion in '612/599' started by Townshend, Sep 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
  2. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    Could a moderator please change this topic's title from "Michiel's Vandenbrink GTO" to "Vandenbrink Design's GTO"?

Press release 15-04-2010:

Van den Brink leaves Vandenbrink.

In Summer 2006, Dutch designer Michiel B. van den Brink and entrepreneur Ir. Robert C.A. Koumans founded the automotive design company Vandenbrink Design BV, named after the company's designer. The newborn Dutch coachbuilding house was set up to design and produce custom coachwork for highly exclusive sports cars, of which the first was Van den Brink's design for a new Ferrari GTO. Michiel designed the Vandenbrink 599 GTO as a tribute to the 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO, and sketched other specialty bodies on the chassis and running gear of the Ferrari 599 GTB, 612 Scaglietti and Spyker, a.o.

The Ferrari 599 GTB-based Vandenbrink GTO received much acclaim by press and public and has been awarded the GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2008 by The Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design, putting Michiel's name on the map in a short period of time.

The time has now come for Van den Brink to continue his business as an independent designer, leaving Vandenbrink Design BV to his business partner Robert Koumans, who will continue the development of the GTO, while Michiel will create new designs under the "Atelier Michiel van den Brink" name.

Visit http://www.michielvandenbrink.com for more information.

3. Michiel

Michiel Formula 3

Apr 15, 2008
    Amsterdam, NL
    Full Name:
    Michiel
    Good luck, Michiel!

4. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    Thank you, Michiel ;)

5. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    All the best Michiel. I'm sure we will hear more from you in the not so distant future :)

I hope you're not leaving FChat :eek:

Cheers,

M

6. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    What makes you think that?

Of course not. Fchat is my playground and this is the place where many good things started.

7. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Somebody with your talent and skills can't lay low for long :)

8. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    Thanks!
    We'll see...

9. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    Last post in this thread was in 2010. Those were the days. ;)

No Vandenbrink GTO ever got built and probably never will, because I sold Vandenbrink Design BV to my former business partner to continue on my own.

I've been busy otherwise for a few years, but I'm back in design business now. :)

I've altered the GTO design a bit to fit the F12 instead of the 599 GTB. I think it looks much better now. Lower, longer, sleeker.

I've reached the maximum of pictures to upload, so here's a link.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    #335 Michiel Mobiel, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  11. RCA

RCA Rookie

Sep 4, 2006
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Robert Koumans
    The Vandenbrink GTO project was indeed silent for some time, but it is certainly alive with continued customer interest. We hope we can make an announcement soon!