The all-new 296GTB | Page 6 | FerrariChat

The all-new 296GTB

Discussion in '296' started by gabf1, Jun 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEU_enAU821AU821&lei=5eXbYKe9J825rQGVu7PYBw&q=alfa 4c review&ved=2ahUKEwjnw82Ftr7xAhXNXCsKHZXdDHsQsKwBKAJ6BAgnEAM&biw=1280&bih=577&dpr=3

Here ya go!

I note Top Gear gave it a 2.5 star rating and further down the page when asked is it a good car this is the answer:

People also ask
    Is Alfa Romeo 4C a good car?
    No, the 2020 Alfa Romeo 4C isn't a good car. The 4C has a loud and cramped interior with few amenities. ... Sure, the 4C's potent engine and sharp handling are commendable, but overall, this soft-top convertible gives up too much refinement in its pursuit of performance.4 Aug 2020.

This is where I'm struggling to reconcile Mayors comments on the Artura.

Maybe the Beta 4c which you refer is an improved version?:D

LVP488 and Coincid like this.
  2. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    More of Lotus YES :) I don't see any Ferrari !!o_O SHAME!

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    In fact considering the car which Mayor is casting his opinions from (Alfa 4c) Mayor is seemingly now jockeying for Noone1's position as a Fchat's front-runner expert, even ahead of Realzeus and Igor Hounds - i'm not sure what happened to Ounds??.....he seems to have gone AWOL. And as most have come to know, those two certainly have a raft of qualification and experience with which they based their opinions from. One owns a bus and train pass, the other a skateboard....so on that note I guess at least Mayor has a car with 4 wheels.

Coincid likes this.
  4. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    The truth is the time of true sport-cars is OVER!!, I personally will invest my money in beautiful horses (Real horses;)) not a digital car with a horse badge, Ferrari is dead!! The styling department killed the company !o_O

Randyslovis likes this.
  5. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    100% TRUE

6. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Exactly, very well said!

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #132 Ferrari 308 GTB, Jun 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    Do you have a cart to tow with the horse?Like Steptoe & Son?

Coincid and Shadowfax like this.
  8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #133 TheMayor, Jun 30, 2021
    I own an Alfa 4c.

Like all cars, it depends on what the purpose is before you can determine it's success or failure. Its like comparing a Ford F150 truck to a Ford GT. Which is better? Well, it depends on what you do with them.

The 4c is a basic, raw, and beautiful sportscar. Its cramped (but I'm small so I don't care), its very noisy inside, its got no power steering, its got cheap FIAT climate control with knobs that would be awful on a Fiat 500, its got no electronic gadgets or cameras at all, its got sunvisors that are next to useless, its difficult to see out of or back up, its got almost no storage area, its got a very harsh suspension, its hard to get in and out of --- but as a SPORTS CAR -- it wonderful. You feel like this machine is alive. You hear things and feel things you don't in a modern car. The pop off valve is right behind your head and you can hear the turbo sucking in over your shoulder. The brakes are marvelous and firm. And above all the car feels LIGHT when you drive it hard.

So if you relate it to a GT like a modern Ferrari GT, its terrible. But if you relate it to emotion and driving experience and fun to drive, its just wonderfully unique in today's world.

It is unfortunately saddled by perhaps the worst car dealers in the USA -- Fiat Chrysler

In short, its not for everybody. But those who appreciate it for what it is, love it.

My comment about the Autura is in it styling. You cannot tell one Mac from another. They all look alike. Nothing about the Autura excites me visually. McLaren has become extremely lazy. Even the name is boring.

Juvendude, fil, jpalmito and 2 others like this.
  9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. blu308qv

blu308qv Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2008
    Florida
    The Alfa 4-C was never meant to lure Ferrari owners. I find it nothing short of amazing that Alfa actually produced this car. It is a full carbon tub Italian exotic sports car for a third of the price of a super car. The car is raw and super fun to drive. The price point puts a brand new fully exotic car in the hands of a regular middle class person who would never be able to afford a Ferrari. In my opinion, all of the reviewed negatives (loud, cramped, hard to get out of, harsh suspension, etc…) are features, not bugs. I personally love seeing them at cars and coffee and their owners seem to love the cars.

crinoid and Shack like this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #136 Shadowfax, Jun 30, 2021
    Ok let me guess. Another 4c owner preaching to the Ferrari/Mac crowd what they will and won't like, whats good,bad, etc etc? And then basing opinions from experience in a car so far off being anywhere near what they are even passing opinion on. Hilarious!!!! Guys the car is a 2.5 star jalopy. You cant possibly compare it to a Ferrari or Mclaren in any stretch.

Gees I don't know if i should laugh or cry. Both you and Mayor crack me up with such fanciful nonsense. Its like watching a comedy show unfold.

As suspected the hounds need to be unleashed!

Tally Ho!

I seriously think Fchat mods need to bring back noone1 immediately after this little lot. He made a lot more sense.

Coincid likes this.
  12. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

The 4C is not an exotic, PERIOD. maybe its made to allure the Lotus Evora, Exige would be drivers , both by the way are miles above the Alpha in terms of looks as well, I would consider the Lotus an exotic . Like you said, In no way is the 4C going to allure away F car drivers, . Its kind of like a Miata, maybe its made capture that cars would be drivers / buyers. lol

Thank you

Shadowfax likes this.
  13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Why on earth would you consider the Lotus an “exotic” and not the 4C? It makes no sense at all what so ever. To me neither one are full exotics. They are both very similar.

Ward201 and Shadowfax like this.
  14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    But this is my point about Mayor. How can Mayor possibly pass any form of credible judgement over this Mac Artura - or anything else for that matter - visual or otherwise - when his experience is based purely upon 4c ownership! You wouldn't find another person on the planet other than another 4 c owner/Ferrari fanboy to support Mayors opinion on this because its based purely upon blind love and fanboyism without having any experience in either. LOL!!!

15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah I know, what a joke. I think i've just about heard it all now. But then i guess a 4c looks a ton better than that green Arturu:rolleyes: LOL. Gees some of these guys need more than just glasses.

Hounds!!!

crinoid likes this.
  16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    To go off @ScrappyB response to this, no need to apologize for having an opinion. However, I don't get the point of this post. The Artura is to my eye a good looking car. You post it in this revelatory top trumps kind of way, but all I see is you dunking on yourself. I think there are elements of the Artura that REALLY work well and some that don't and there are elements of the 296 that REALLY work well and some that don't. I always reserve final judgement until I see the car in person.

17. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

Well I disagreed based on my emotional response whenever I see the 4 C , versus the Lotus, with that being said, I believe you are correct in your reply, regarding the similarities. And with that being said lol Ferrari 3x8s are way better looking than either of these cars by light years .

Thank you

crinoid likes this.
  18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Because I have eyes.

/END

Natkingcolebasket69 and fil like this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    While I'm not for disparaging owners of particular cars and prefer a more inclusive type car community (even modified WRX owners are reluctantly welcome) to assert a 4C and Artura are even in the same stylist arena is asinine. In the flesh the difference would be 10x more noticeable.

Coincid likes this.
  20. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Could we see a day where we might add the usual mods, like sport exhaust and track springs, along with a “hybrid delete kit”? Or are these systems too far integrated into the car? At this point in hybrid tech, how much of a weight penalty does it really add?

21. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    From Car Design Research

The all new Ferrari 296 design — 4 perspectives including how the new Dino is bigger than a Testarossa

The 296 is the first Ferrari with a V6 engine in 47 years, although in the 7000 word press release Ferrari make no mention of its sublime Dino 246 forbearer which was the last car from Maranello to have a V6 — is this to keep its powder dry on this nameplate for a future stripped out version without the accompanying electric motor hybrid system?

It may be the new baby in the portfolio, but the 296 is actually larger than the 1984 Testarossa — it is almost exactly the same length and width as its 458/488 predecessor, but an inch lower, which still makes it 3 inches longer, 2 inches taller, and only half an inch narrower than the chunky 1984 Testarossa.

The serpentine nose, and the broad concave shoulder pushing low into the body side, really lowers the visual mass of the car. The deep cut-out recesses in the front and rear facias, and in the rear deck, also take out visual mass. Together with the unbroken ‘visor’ glazing (another element that takes away perceived volume) these design features make the 296 look very light on its toes.

Its son-of SF90, son of La Ferrari, son of Enzo, upswept side window, and the related way its body-side wraps over and around the rear aspect, is emphasised by an unusually separated roof section — the future decapitating GTS version may likely look just like this GTB.

Napoli likes this.
  22. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I get the idea that they really listened to and studied what the market wants, then they went and built another common sport gt and proceeded to beat us over the head with marketing it as everything it’s not.

Napoli and ginoBBi512 like this.
  23. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I dont see how this car pays any homage to the Dino , and a Dino it is not, anyone whos not blind can see that . Its design will not test the stand of time, the way the Dino, or any 3x8 has done, and continues to do so . The time for timeless Ferraris has past a long, long time ago . Yes, unfortunately its that simple. Just take a look at the 512 BBi, a car that I have loved since Ive been a little boy, I use this machine as just one example , with its flat 12 , Ferrari has not made a Flat 12 since the Testarossa . I will take a flat 12 any day of the week and twice on Sunday, over a v6 with battery back up !! lol

Thank you

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  24. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    It would be far more Dino if they ditched all the heavy and expensive hybrid system and powered solely by the 663HP V6 engine. This would result in a 296GTB at least 200kg lighter and 50k less money.

Thecadster, MotorMouth and Napoli like this.
  25. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    And, throw in a stick!

IlModenese likes this.