the Biturbo Market | Page 6 | FerrariChat

the Biturbo Market

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 67bmer, Oct 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The 86 MY cars were the worst, crappy carb & intake manifold plus a crap 3 speed automatic with a poorly tuned torque converter.
    There far fewer 84 & 85 biturbo parts cars around to upgrade it.

It's a dog.

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Ferraripilot and wbaeumer like this.
  3. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    Sold for $11,000 on 3/7/24

4. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    A really sharp looking "84" biturbo showed up on BaT. This car has lots of mods that appear to be well documented. Looks to me like late '87 Si seats with possibly an '89 rear bumper? (did they all come with the same rear bumper? I didn't think the earlier cars had places for the muffler tips on both sides) I wonder why they didn't put a FI engine in with all the work they have in it?

1984 Maserati Biturbo Coupe 5-Speed - No Reserve.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-maserati-biturbo-14/

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Its great to see cars showing up more often!

5. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Nothing al that special about this one. No intercoolers and though those seats look cool they're nowhere near as comfortable as the original which were probably toast. Poor repaint with plenty of dings, scuffs. I does appear to have the European adjustable headlamps. Also quasi e-type grill insert that does look nice. It's a nice color on that car just not original but who cares?

6. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Early Biturbos should have the old seats. The old seats are superb for typical Italian people which use ti be a bit shorter than the average of northern Europeans. I have taken on a project now, and that is to modify them so the lumbar support get right for which is 186 cms. tall. I have a set of spare seats upholstered in cloth so took off the fabric to inspect the design of internals of the seats. It should not be very difficult really. We will cut the seat back frame and weld in an extention in between. Will be interesting to see how it turns out. If the seats are as comfortable as when I was a teenager and somewhat shorter like when I first sat in on, I will be happy. Will be a bit interesting to see how the fabric can go back on the modified framework...if it works like I think it will, then I will do both my leather seats in the Spyder. And post before abd after resulta on here.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob

I'm 6'1" and these are the most comfortable seats in any car I've owned or ridden in. That said ... when I had my 84 out on the track there's absolutely no side bolster support which means that you're holding onto the steering wheel to keep from moving around and that steering column easily slips out of position. Oh well, it was never meant to be a high performance sports car. But those seats ARE superb. Much better than the ones after 87.

8. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Agree. And they look absolutely stunning too. But are too short in the seatbsck for tall persons. The never seats are 99,99% similar to those of a specific Japanese car, but I don’t remember exactly which one. It might be the ones of an older Celica or Supra or even a Honda Prelude. Which is kind of a disappointment, but they are great for the Spyder because they make the seat possible to move further back for tall person.

9. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
  10. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    TheMayor likes this.
  11. TheMayor

TheMayor Ten Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It would be hard to find a better one. Mileage would appear correct by looking a the condition of the foam under the hood. Very rare in white.

Ferraripilot likes this.
  12. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Swan White

13. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Really nice example wow. Rare as hens teeth

TheMayor likes this.
  14. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    Another really poor result, bid to $10,300 for what appeared to be a diamond in the rough! It didn't seem to get much attention...