The California has arrived at Continental AutoSports | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The California has arrived at Continental AutoSports

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Continental AutoSports, Apr 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Thom,

I probably can't make it and I don't care about a ride or the gift bag. Just let me know where I can send a cheque for the fund raiser and whom to make it out to.

Randy is one Helluva great guy and I sure do miss him.

Skip

2. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    That's correct,was just moved to end of May....

3. RanchHand420

RanchHand420 Rookie

Mar 21, 2007
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    DT
    For all of you who would like to donate to the Randy Rogers charity, you can make checks payable to Continental Auto Sports aten: Eileen.

4. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Dropped by CAS today and the new Cali was parked out front. Had a chance to get a close look at it and unfortuantely I was not impressed. I found it to be size wise just slightly larger than a Maser Spider or a BMW Z4. For a car that weighs almost 3800 lbs. Its actual size suprised me. The back seat was basically non existant and and the bulbous butt was really in your face. Just not my cup of tea. I got absolutely no magic from it at all. All in all BORING! I even found the interior boring and the whole image screamed Lexus or Miata chick car. Everyone can make up their own minds when they see it tomorrow. I'll be interested to hear everyones comments.

5. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    How about taking a ride in it then making a more informed decision?
    Rides are only $20.00 tomorrow

6. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    That's what I'm doing!

I'm hoping that all of you that have crossed Randy's path will do the same. He is one great guy and will always be in my heart!

Skip Williamson

7. andy6789

andy6789 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Milwaukee Wi
    Full Name:
    Andy
  8. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Hello,

Just got back from AutoSports. Rode in the California. First impression? the car looks better in person than I thought it would. It's roomy and comfortable inside. Engine sounds best when pushed, otherwise, it's rather docile. The California was driven (rode in) with the top down, so I can't judge the looks with the top up.

IMHO.

Joe from Rockford

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks to the great folks at Continental I had the pleasure of driving the California and I loved it: It felt a bit like a mini version of the 599 I enjoyed last year (thanks Speed Racer!). The interior is beautiful, the paddle shift quick and precise and the Enzo like LEDs in the steering wheel just awesome. Exhaust note was terrific, as was acceleration and handling (as far as I can tell from the limited experience). The view out front had a nice feel, a bit like in a Daytona with the two fenders raising on either side. Similarly the look in the rear view mirror showed the raised rear flanks, which looked powerful too.

It felt really good and I enjoyed the experience tremendously. This car is made to enjoy Mulholland drive.

PS: I would change the horn.

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    #35 Darolls, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
    Haven't seen it in person yet, but the stacked pipes look odd to me. Also, the 'bug eye' taillights are an injustice.

11. Rytt

Rytt Karting
    BANNED

Apr 14, 2009
    I-town
    Full Name:
    Badda-Boom
    o god, hes takin his camera...... be prepared ;)

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The rear end looks un-Ferrari like. But then again that's the part you see the least while driving it. :)

13. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I like it!