The Celebrity "Look at Me" GP of Miami Pre Race Thread | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The Celebrity "Look at Me" GP of Miami Pre Race Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Apr 29, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

No need to speak with the brain dead fool that is Lance..............

Ricciardo: No point in talking to unapologetic Stroll over F1 China clash

Daniel Ricciardo says Lance Stroll hasn't cleared the air with him over their Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix clash, but suggested there is little point if Stroll isn't actually sorry.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm really getting into Indycar currently. 2026 for F1 looks to be absolutely terrible, zero interest in what they want to do.

amerikalei, Sharknose, 375+ and 2 others like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No Class Lance

375+ likes this.
  4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    HP replaced UPS? I'm so behind

5. DF1

Dont be concerned. The car is not any faster with either logo lol :)

Hawkeye and HotShoe like this.
  6. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/f1-miami-gp-tech-images-from-the-pitlane-explained/10606085/

F1 Miami GP: Tech images from the pitlane explained

Join us as we delve into the Formula 1 technical features on display at the Miami Grand Prix, courtesy of Giorgio Piola and Sutton Images.
    Matt SomerfieldGiorgio Piola May 3, 2024, 2:00 PM
    Upd: May 3, 2024, 2:12 PM

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Photo by: Giorgio Piola

Giorgio Piola's F1 technical analysis

Giorgio Piola is the preeminent Formula 1 technical journalist. Born in Genoa, Italy, Giorgio has covered the F1 World Championship since 1969, producing thousands of illustrations that have been reproduced in the world’s most prestigious motor racing publications.

As the RB20 is prepared for action we are able to see the front and rear brake assemblies in various states of undress.

Disc fairings are used at both ends of the car to help control the passage of airflow and transfer of heat, with a window employed at the front end to allow some of that heat to migrate to the secondary nest within the drum, as seen on the left-hand side of the car.

Notably some of the assembly has a silver coating to help reduce heat transfer between each nest.

There’s a new paint job on the front wing of the Ferrari SF-24 this weekend, but the main structure remains the same. The nose is sat on the secondary element, whilst the mainplane dips around the central section. The endplate has been angled outward whilst the upper two elements are pushed away from the endplate and only attached by a couple of slender spars, as the team looks to generate more outwash.

A collection of front wings wait outside the Mercedes garage as the team prepares its W15 for action. Mercedes was the first to use the semi-detached flap and endplate arrangement, something that still remains in place today. There also appears to be a different trim level on some of the upper elements, with the team likely planning to assess what downforce level works best for it alongside its rear wing choices.

Ferrari is also employing a disc fairing to reduce heat transfer into the main brake drum, which in-turn passes that heat into the wheel rim and tyre. All of the teams are keen to control this heat transfer, given how sensitive the Pirelli tyres can be and especially as heat transfer from the brakes would create peaks and troughs in how the bulk temperature would be changed.

A close up of the rear brake duct’s inner fence. The snorkel exit is employed to reject heat and the cascade of winglets is stacked up below.

McLaren’s internal front brake pipework consists of numerous, torturously routed channels that deliver cool air to the disc and caliper, whilst reducing the transfer of heat into the main brake drum. Also note the internal configuration at the rear of the car, with an expanding chute that traverses the forward face of the assembly to deliver some of the airflow to the outer flank.

An overview of the Mercedes W15’s rear end, with the deep spoon-shaped rear wing employed, along with a double beam wing arrangement. Also note the flared upper corner of the diffuser, whilst a double stepped arrangement is favoured on the lower brake duct deflector winglet.

To help deal with the temperatures in Miami, Mercedes has a more open cooling set up, with a generous louvre arrangement employed on the bridge of the engine cover shelf, whilst another louvred panel has been deployed on the upper surface of the sidepod to help with heat rejection.

Ferrari, meanwhile, has opted for just three generously sized louvres on its engine cover for FP1.

A look at the Mercedes W15’s deep spoon-shaped rear wing from the front, with the team utilising the semi-detached flap and endplate arrangement, which helps to alter the vortex structure at the wingtip.

A close up of the VCARB 01’s rear end, which features just a single beam wing element, whilst the lower rear brake duct deflector winglet has an interesting stepped arrangement. The lower section features a half-moon shape that reverses the lower tip back upon itself.

A close up of the RB20’s front end gives us a view of the shark mouth horizontal sidepod inlet, while Red Bull has also set up the car with the two additional driver cooling nostrils on top of the chassis.

Haas has a combination of solutions on its front wing as it searches for the maximum amount of flow conditioning whilst trying to retain the right downforce performance window. This includes a double kick diveplane on the endplate, three semi-detached flaps in the endplate connection, along with an additional outwashing winglet hung from the uppermost flap and outwashing slot gap separator brackets.

360Grigio and HotShoe like this.
  7. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    That and WEC and MotoGP.

8. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    The tech photos are more interesting than the races.

Pranucci likes this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I still find MotoGP and WorldSBK less "manipulated" than any world car championship at the moment.

In the WEC, the teams are not even allowed to discuss the BoP in public !!

Lots of opacity everywhere ...

amerikalei likes this.
  10. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Well there was the one where they painted the nose black after the twin towers fell over

11. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    The entitled generation

Bas, jgonzalesm6 and DF1 like this.
  12. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

HP? The only thing I think of with HP are their stupid overpriced ink cartridges. Glad I found a hack to fill them myself.

Do they still make laptops? They were rather crappy. Not sure I’m interested enough to look up what they do nowadays.

I guess a sponsor is a sponsor.

SS454 likes this.
  13. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Well, with regards to sponsorship for the Scuderia, it's an $80 million USD per annual deal.

Oracle's was $100 million USD per annual deal with RedBull.

NbyNW likes this.
  14. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I thought this thread was about the non racing celebrities getting so much attention at F1 events. I’ve come to hate the grid walk. If Brundle wants to talk to Brad Pitt or some other star involved with an F1 project great, otherwise who cares. The only time I wanted to see gorgeous women at F1 was the grid girls, though I never wanted to hear what they had to say. I don’t watch other sports, do they interview non relevant celebrities in the NFL, MLB, or others?

15. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    jm2 likes this.
  16. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Brundle did well today. Very few embarrassing celebritards, surprising for MIA.

TurboFreak650, sct4a and SS454 like this.
  17. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    Those are mid-calf socks, silly.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  18. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    I saw Martin just walk by the celebs and their cringy entourages. Happy to see that he was looking to talk to F1 people.

TurboFreak650 and Jack-the-lad like this.