The Cheeta LIVES!! | Page 43 | FerrariChat

The Cheeta LIVES!!

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Jan 11, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    I have this rare large dealer framed poster of a lm002 rally car that I picked up from a fellow that set up the distribution for Lamborghini North America when the company was owned by Chrysler. It's says limited edition 2500 but they only printed 100 or so because they relies didn't needed additional prints. Anyone interested in it? I like to remove it from my study

2. vaholtorf

vaholtorf Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Victor Holtorf
    Send me a PM with your phone number!

3. JonathanElstein

JonathanElstein Karting

Oct 19, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Elstein
    #1053 JonathanElstein, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I knew this thing looked familiar, I had this toy when I was a kid which looks to be a 2 door knockoff of the Cheetah.

[​IMG]

5. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    #1055 islandguy, May 19, 2014
  6. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    Any updates?

7. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    #1057 hyenahf, Feb 28, 2015
    Sorry for the long delay in responding. Here it is in my study

Will trade for something urraco related?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    This threads got 9 lives!

9. fabone

fabone Karting

Mar 9, 2007
    Paris (F)
    immortal thread ;-)

10. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
  11. rhyno

rhyno Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Thats so cool!!!!

12. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

where is this car now? has the restoration been completed? has it been shown?

13. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    4 Words Roy,

Italian Stampede
    Concorso Italianio

Which two would be your choice to show it at this year? :D

14. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    As stated by Joe Sackey in another thread regarding another vehicle:

"I think its the right approach, in the absence of anything definitive.
    Historical items don't always come perfectly presented with full documentation, so from an objective perspective, the right thing to do would be to leave some room for question, especially as there are no factory records suggesting the car's early assignation (say, sold to a film company, with plausible or corroborating date). Everyone likes real proof, but sometimes it simply isn't forthcoming. Its the right approach in this instance IMHO."

I guess there is no reason to apply this theory to this vehicle....maybe because its just a personal thing between us two, even with the FACT this car has way more documentation, stamped numbers showing verification etc etc...will be nce to apply this theory to it once it comes out for public review....

15. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Hi Roy,

2 weeks ago, I have interviewed in Italy Mr Guerra...

Some people may remember he has built all the Countach untill the QV with the JIG he built for...

He mentionned Lamborghini has a contract with a US company, one day the Cheetah was brought to him at Sant'Agata...

For weeks, Alfieri's team and him took all measurements, inspected it, made draft drawings, thought on how to improve its suspension and traction.

He confirmed also they drove it in the field behind the factory (field bought by Patrick Mimran to increase the plant later), they created a small springboard and jumped with it.

When Alfieri endorsed the definitive drawings, they had a meeting and he started to build the JIG for the LM

16. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Oliver, correct...we have now video and taped interviews as well. What you describe here was "reverse" engineering they were doing on the vehicle when it came back from Geneva..(with out permission from the then current owners).

The contract had NOT been paid in full as Lamborghini was suppose to do. At that time the owners went to Italy and after some heated talks and a few other things..the vehicle was driven by Mr VB (also recorded now) out of the factory and driven over night to the airport in Germany where it was returned to its rightful owners and flown back to the LAX airport in the 747, (documented as well, photos, writings and recordings). As it was returned from LAX to San Jose area, one of the owners received a 100 MPH speeding ticket from the CHP (documented).

17. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Truth always comes to surface one day or another, just be patient !

18. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    So Lambo had nothing to do with it?

Is that why this one was pulled from being shown on the Lambo stand last Quail or because they felt it wasn't original "Cheeta" and simply a bitsa built up not in the day?

19. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats

I will for sure agree with you Lambo NEVER EVER built this vehicle.
    They did have a contract ( which they never FULLY paid or complied with all sections of the contract) for it with the company out of San Jose that DID build it.
    They did show it at Geneva, part of the contract and added some of their little touches to it for the show.
    They did market it and attempt to sell it.
    They did reverse engineer it and "steal" a lot of info from it prior to it being taken back by the rightful owners and returning to the USA.
    It is to my satisfaction the One and the Same Cheeta as know to have gone through the above episodes...and more.

What part did it play in Lamborghini's eventual roll out of the LM trucks..as well as history for Lamborghini??

That is for each person, as with the "Italian Job" car to determine for them self's....

PS Saw an episode last night of "Chasing Classic cars" You were driving your Ferrari in, the serial # 2 car, suppose to be the oldest one in the world and the first one sold to the public...sounded great on the TV show...bet its a blast to drive....enjoy it.

20. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Hummm, they steal the development done y another one without paying for it... that's a logical conclusion.

is that it ? only a matter of copying or is there something deeper !

21. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Thanks!

Third Ferrari made, and the oldest surviving Ferrari with continuous providence from COA and Bill of sale signed by Enzo through today. 1947 Ferrari 159S Chassis 002.

22. olinde

olinde Karting

Mar 23, 2004
    Bump! Just sayin'.... Or stirring the pot.

23. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Roy,
    What do you know about Mr von Buren who was Partner of Mr Leimer for the Cheetah project ???

24. Cartel777

Cartel777 Rookie

Oct 21, 2015
    Congratulations, Roy!

25. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    If you stir the Pot you have to lick the spoon...

I WANT MY RIDE to IN and OUT!!!