The city of New York "Pinched me" | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The city of New York "Pinched me"

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by fastaone, Nov 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    They continually put them up so maybe we should make a thread just for this - let me do that right now.

2. fastaone

fastaone Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Peter F
    How about putting the plate just a front plate? Without the plate # they got shilz LOL

3. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    dunno about that. what's the sense of having a front plate with no numbers on it? they'll still give u a ticket

4. Ren65amg

Ren65amg Karting

Nov 25, 2005
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Reny

Sorry to bump this old thread, any one know where i can get an updated list.

Thanks

5. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    yeah this is an old thread, back from 04.

6. Ren65amg

Ren65amg Karting

Nov 25, 2005
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Reny
  7. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
  8. Ren65amg

Ren65amg Karting

Nov 25, 2005
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Reny
    i think its only the back, i could be wrong, i believe i got nailed tonight, FYI the flash was very bright, I will let you know when I get the ticket

9. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    yeah that would be cool. If its the front plate who cares (im not implying its ok to run red lights) cause i dont have a front on any of my cars.

10. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    That's why its probably the back. The front plate cops can be lenient on, but you HAVE to have a plate at the back.

11. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    not if you are transporting drugs....

12. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    good point, good point...

13. FastFurious

FastFurious Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2006
    NYC-Upper East Side
    Its the back plate that the camera catches. Considering the way most of the people drive these days, the least of our worries is a Red Light Camera Ticket(NO POINTS and NOTHING ON YOUR LICENSE) or a Seat Belt Ticket (again NO POINTS). If these are the only tickets the board members are getting , then be happy. And to respond to RobiFerritti's post. The Red Light Camera most probably wont send you a ticket for doing DONUTS, unless it gets your plate. Its the Blue/White thats gonna try to make your life miserable. And again. If all they give you is a Seatbelt Violation. Sounds to me like a good night!! And yes, these cameras are nothing more then REVENUE generators. I see more accidents with people slamming on their brakes to avoid going thru the intersection because of these cameras. Causing the vehicle behind them to REAR END them.(Shivam and Nabbs may enjoy the Tapping of their Rears, but the rest of us dont!!!!!!!!)

Thank you and good night!!!!!

14. mrbklynbenz

mrbklynbenz Rookie

Mar 5, 2007
    fazooley has the new ill red light camera detector, works perfect

15. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I believe I heard on 1010wins this morning that the city is expected to install 108 more cameras down in the canal area....to "thwart any 9/11 activity" and they are to be operational by year end. Want to bet they are converted to traffic cams to pay for themselves?
    If not, I wonder how many people they'll need to hire to monitor all those cameras 24x7 for "suspicious" activity.

16. bointc

bointc Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2006
    Jersey City, NJ
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    If you guys see the one on College Point Blvd and Horace Harding's Service road, apparently I've heard stories of a guy getting mailed a ticket, and he pulled up behind it one night with a handgun and shot at the camera, if you look at the camera housing there's bullet holes in it....

17. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005
    Get a NavAlert like me, tells you where every red light/speeding camera is. Very cool device

faz