The end of Ferrari, as we know it | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The end of Ferrari, as we know it

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by johnk..., Jun 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Didn't you post this exact thing in another EV thread?

2. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Last time I looked, that was a 15,000 RPM V6 ICE with some batteries for the lag upon acceleration. This is what they are paying for. Formula E is the EV equivalent and boy is that stuff exciting...

3. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis

Didn't the Swiss watch industry already go through this in the '70's?

4. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    This baby right here kept awesome time...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Well they have not been competitive racing for at least a decade. They are much a brand as they are a car. Maybe they will morph into a clothing manufacturer and sell handbags and lofers?

6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    You obviously are behind in watching the Jurassic Park movie series

7. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    What do you mean?

This?

https://jpt.spe.org/dna-sequencing-new-diagnostic-tool-shale-wells

Biota so far has used its technology on 60 wells operated by six different US producers. Its novel approach involves analyzing the DNA of tiny microbes that coexist with the oil, water, and rock in the subsurface. There are hundreds of thousands of different microbes living inside a formation but certain species are associated with hydrocarbons tend to stand out.

That's about "creatures" living in the hydrocarbons.

Otherwise, what's in the latest movie of interest here?

8. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Hey my Dyson sounds pretty badass :)

Boomhauer likes this.
  9. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Shorn355 likes this.
  10. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I own a 911 GT3 Touring and when it was in for service my guy had me take a Taycan 4S out - It was outstanding - sick fast - superb quality - felt/handled/rode great - Obviously I did not get to explore the limits but I would buy one in a heartbeat (I just don't want to be forced to by one). Now that said, it did not match the "soul" of my 911 - or any of my ICE cars - but it was definitely fun and a fine automobile.

11. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Humor Francis, gotta embrace it.

On a serious note on what you wrote, I was working with a company who used microbes to increase the quality of oil to get a higher energy rating.

Ultima RS likes this.
  12. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I know that one...

Boomhauer, Shark01 and Ultima RS like this.
  13. Ultima RS

Ultima RS Karting

Apr 4, 2022
    I'm not saying there's no place for EVs - however there's so much money, industry, knowledge, infrastructure, nostalgia and love tied up in the internal combustion engine you'd have an easier time trying to get the earth to change it's rotational direction than kill off gas cars. New cars may go electric (for a time) but the companies that make them are eventually gonna have to decide whether they want to make EVs at the behest of government stooges or stay in business. I'm also not sure the Congo or the Taliban have enough child labor to dig up the massive amounts of cobalt required just for Tesla much less everyone else...

14. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I don't think anyone is saying that, they would make for fine urban short haul daily drivers. Just like there is a place (in some areas) for solar and wind energy to lessen the wear and tear on the grid a little.

But the "alternate" energy morons are treating this as a zero sum game, and even Ferrari and Lamborghini have fallen into their trap with too much reliance on "alternate" energy. And sales will plummet. Wealthy people have more education and are smarter than the sheep.

Thecadster and anunakki like this.
  15. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Bentley last ice will be 2026, hard to imagine Bentley now build a V6 hybrid, maybe time to sell the Daytona and get an Apple Watch.

16. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    If you do a little bit of research into our electrical infrastructure you will realize we are DECADES away from being able to support the "full EV" world a lot of people think is around the corner.

17. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    You’re right, but the Ferrari of today is nothing like the Ferrari of yesterday. The Ferrari of tomorrow will be even further removed.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I sincerely doubt that will happen :cool:

19. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Let them build all the plug-in vacuum cleaners they want to remain relevant and profitable - they will be sexy and pretty- and my gated 355 and NA 458 will just be more desirable- :cool::cool:

20. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    But nitrous oxide is a hoot. Wouldn't that be cool? What if Man-Made Climate Change produced nitrous oxide?

21. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yeah, but my Dyson is constantly in the repair shop visiting many of its brethren. My repair guy says they are great for his repair business but not so much their owners. The EVS also seem to have some serious reliability and repair problems when it can take weeks or months for repairs.

Shorn355 likes this.
  22. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have heard similar comments from some Taycan owners but if they have a problem of burning up in shipment across the ocean. The ocean cargo insurers will pass on providing insurance for the trip. Evidently there is no way to put out Lithium fire other than some type Halon system which cargo ships are not equipped. That will be a problem importing Taycans and it appears the battery fire is why the ship was abandoned. A problem that will have to be solved for transporting all EVs?

23. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I would definitely think so- And for that matter a potential problem insuring them period-

24. Ultima RS

Ultima RS Karting

Apr 4, 2022
    The should have to park them on top in sleds so if one of them catches fire it can be jettisoned into the sea before it can sink the ship.

25. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

AtomicPunk88 and Texas Forever like this.