the end of the 360 coupe | Page 2 | FerrariChat

the end of the 360 coupe

Discussion in '360/430' started by tx246, Aug 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    One thing to keep in mind is that there are more people today than 30 years ago. Plus, we have this big bubble of aging boomers in their 50s who can now afford a Ferrari, where they couldn't 30 years ago. Remember there are two sides to the "demand = supply" equation.

How else do you explain the fact that 360s have held their value so well, while the 456s and 550s (while some of us think are better cars) have plummeted?

And if you think that 360s have not held their value, you're not dealing with reality. I have see 4-year old 360s go for 90% of MSRP. Compare this to Guy-yar-dos that have all ready fallen 10% to 15% in value.

Simply put, the 360 has been a marketing phenomenon that I'm not even sure that Ferrari understands. 30 years from now, we may look back at the 360 as being the equivalent of Porsche's 911 or Harleys's Super Glide.

Dale

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    while i agree with JUDGE4RE, and DRTAX, i am very curious to know how these super computer controled cars will be serviced and maintained as the years wear on. heck "most" new dealers prefer to not deal with the older carb cars. gear heads more or less can figure out carbs, points and even the later CIS / et al fuel injection.

what i am trying to say is, who the hell is going to be able to work on these cars when they are 20 + years old. the fact that they made so many should ensure a good business opportunity for aftermarket parts and service support but not for the owners to work on the cars themselves. i think i will try to be more like ERIK and stick to the carb classics no one likes! :)