The Exotic Warranty Company | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The Exotic Warranty Company

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by noahlh, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Aah, a joke taken wrong. I participate in the business forum and we get a lot of "What do you do for a living" questions from folks with 1 or 2 posts. A lot of us here have a silly tagline in our profiles. It's nothing more than a joke in the business forum.

Taken the wrong way probably looks bad, but come on, it's a joke :)

-Ben

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    BEN

ITS NO JOKE WHEN A GUY RUNS A BUSINESS, HAS FAITH IN YOUR PRODUCT, AND YOU OR YOUR FIRM FAIL HIM

THATS FRAUD, MY MAN......IM SURE HES ON THE PHONE WITH HIS LAWYER RIGHT NOW.........

3. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Hi Matt. Your claim was denied because your catalytic converters are not a covered component. You have a lot of exhaust troubles on your vehicle. Our contract clearly states "catalytic converter" and "exhaust system" as NON COVERED components. There are no ongoing investigations, they have been closed for quite some time, in fact for nearly 6 months or more by now. Your complaints from Florida, Alabama, the Better Business Bureau *and* American Express all found your claim to not be covered under the contract. I appreciate you trying to add fuel to the fire, but it is not appropriate.

-Ben

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Ben,

You now admit that whether you would have wanted to or not, you insured a rental vehicle. In addition, you admit that this fact does not "affect the way claims are paid on the vehicle." Why, then, are you simply offering a refund, rather than paying the claims you now admit that you legally owe?

5. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    The first claim was a pre-existing condition on the vehicle, the second was not a covered component. We didnt ever state that any claims were approved.

6. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think he clearly stated that he either wants the claim paid or the policy premium refunded. So why bother asking him on a public forum, why not just do?

Also, just wondering, in your previous defense, are you firmly stating:
    NO ONE from your company ever told Noah that a claim check is being sent out?

7. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Noah, please call me at 888-748-9666 x103 to get this taken care of. I tried calling you at the number on your paperwork and it was not answering.

-Ben

8. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    The big problem with these cases is that waranty companies are NOT insurance companies and therfore not regulated in most states.

I know from personal experience that you have almost no recourse other than litgation so these companies just deny claim after claim.

If the heat comes on they file for bankruptcy on friday, open with a new name on Monday....

I do not know what the truth is in this case, but I think it looks like they were happy to take your payment and have looked for ways to not pay a claim.....

9. westmfg1

westmfg1 Rookie

May 1, 2005
    Deadwood
    Hmmm, pay off Noah and lets delete this thread?

Pay off Noah (got caught cost of doing business) and keep selling invisible paper to unsuspecting people.

To delete this thread and bury it is morally wrong.

File a complaint with the insurance commissioner for fraud and the AG.

10. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Nothing unusual here IMHO ... insurance is a lottery, when the insurer always wins! :D
    Ben being an FChatter makes it hit closer to home since we can directly discuss the issues (instead of listening to booooring songs while waiting on hold...) ... but that's the usual way insurance business is done as I see it. Collect money ... and provide coverage only when you really have to. ***DING DING ... oops, my popcorn's ready ... let's keep this going :D***

11. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I just left you a VM at that extension. I eagerly await your return call.

--Noah

12. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Ben,

"Run Forrest, Run....."

13. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    You guys need to learn to READ, warranty companies are NOT insurance companies.... Insurance companies are highly regulated. It has only become a trend recently for waranty companies to have any oversight by a state insurance department, and that varies state to state... warranty companies usually have little to no regulation and oversight... Your State insurance department most likely will not be able to help, your AG MIGHT help you, but not likely...

This is a civil issue unless you can prove that there is a history of denying all claims or unreasonably denying payment...

14. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    You are quite wrong, and I can also post details from State of Alabama dated March 30, 2005 and your response to them are not only less than honest but also quite misleading and false. I can scan and post the letter Cheryl sent to State of Alabama on March 17, 2005, which clearly has nothing to do with catalytic converters. I have responded to them with evidence and am waiting for their response while State of Florida Department of Insurance is investigating in parallel. And, by the way they are not 6 month old.

Your conduct is inappropriate and your business if inappropriate. I had interviewed several of your retailers before signing on and last I checked Merry Carmichael, Premier Sports Cars, said the same thing about you regarding her customers' claims.

Ben this is your last chance to come clean and stop your fraud on the internet. Eventually higher authorities will catch up with you. To all those who want to join a class action lawsuit against EWC please PM.

15. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    BUMP

16. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I just spoke with Ben. He has agreed to overnight me a check for $2950 as a refund for my contract. If and when that check arrives tomorrow morning, I will let it be known.

--Noah

17. markymark360f1

markymark360f1 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mark

Likewise, Ben.Lj!
    Cya around. Good group last week.
    MM

18. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    NOAH

GET A TRACKING # AND OVERNITE UPS RED BY 10.30 AM DELIVERY............

19. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I don't know about deleting the thread either. If the parties reach an amicable resolution, they can jointly issue a statement that can be posted here.
    As to implication that Ben is trying to buy his way out of a problem and attempting to bury it, the fact is that disputes often get settled, regardless of the merit or lack thereof. NOah already made his complaint known to the board. If there are other instances where Ben's company does not live up to its obligations, I'm sure word will get around, and quickly, to this and other boards. Ben therefore has every reason to run a legitimate operation, since the consequences of not doing so are drastic- folks say criminals don't get caught, or don't get punished for white collar crime, but in my experience, the opposite is true. Chris Parr's comment about the distinction between insurance and warranty is also apt.
    Let's not get to carried away with negative inferences, folks. I'm willling to give Ben the benefit of the doubt, particularly if Noah has indicated his willingness to try and sort this out with Ben privately.

20. robgct

robgct Karting

May 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    rob
    Ben, let me give a big **** YOU for frauding GDC!! You will be sorry for this, mark my word.

21. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's understandable that he wants to settle. Heck its all about $$$ in the end, if he can settle for less, why pay more to beat the shiet out of Noah(who supposely is dishonest with most of his story) just for fun, right? Didn't Michael Jackson settle several case in the past too? :D

Now what's not understandable, is why he wants the thread to be deleted?? Both of sides have made their statement, its not a one side telling. If the company has done NOTHING wrong, and is willing to offer a full refund, what's wrong with leaving the post and showing the community that they are stand-up good company? Its good publicity I would think (in the event they truly did nothing wrong).

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Either way this goes, the thread won't be removed. Once the can is opened it needs to stay open. Now at some point in time we may close it if everything is resolved.

23. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    GOOD POINT WOODEAR

24. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    NO THREATS ROB, OR YOU BE BANNED

LETS SEE THE OUTCOME

BRUCE

25. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    Whats the story behind this "non-employee" Sheryl who keeps answering the phones and handling claims over there? I've seen several references to her by policy holders, and a denial by Ben that she has always been an employee.