The F50 Thread | Page 77 | FerrariChat

The F50 Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by amenasce, Dec 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Does that mean Garage 26 has 2 F50s at the moment or will it be F50-less?

2. Tom Cab

Tom Cab Karting

May 10, 2015
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Tom Cab
    1s
    Currently 2 F50s

3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I must correct my earlier post. Below is the link to the car I earlier photographed at Ferrari of Washington (offered by Gooding), not the car in the link above (which is being offered by RM Sotheby’s).

https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/1997-ferrari-f50/

4. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Hi Joe
    I was wondering if you could shed some light on an f50 related matter - I have a lovely 1 of 25 uk car F50 with approx 10,000 miles...usual red , black with red inserts , classiched etc and was talking to a uk dealer about buying a different car to add to the collection and he kept getting back my f50- I explained it wasn’t for sale. Nonetheless , after some general chat he kept mentioning the 25 year rule and that my uk registered 2/96 car would be eligible for the 25 year rule for the US market in 18 months and being in a desirable top condition , moderate miles etc would likely increase in price substantially - is he possibly right or does your crystal ball look cloudy - lol... also did the 25 year rule create a hike on the f40 and 288 gto values ?
    I’m not normally that fussed about values but now v curious - any thoughts would be appreciated ....

5. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    I can add that I know of two US-based buyers actively seeking Euro-spec MY1995 F50s, for the exact reason you mentioned - the cars will be eligible to bypass federalization due to being 25 years old in a few months.

However, I will also add that both are (mostly) motivated by the expected savings of a EU car vs. the market price of a US car.

Keep in mind that there are only 55 US-spec F50s (and even fewer you'd actually want to buy ;) ) vs. nearly 300 ROW spec cars. The F50s have been admissible to the US, but with a lengthy and costly federalization process.

Joe can shed more light, but I would expect most US buyers would look abroad for a 25yo F50 if the savings are meaningful, but would otherwise "shop at home" if the difference is negligible (of course, there's more that goes into an F50 purchased than merely pricing)... All that's to say, IMO I wouldn't expect there to be a huge run up in EU F50 pricing, but (if anything) perhaps a slight softening of US market cars as alternatives become more accessible to US buyers.

joe sackey likes this.
  6. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    There might be a slight increase but if you havent been motivated by the run up in price over the past 6 years, you problem wont be by the coming one. I know 3 guys waiting for the 25 years to pass to bring one so there are USA demand but it wont make a Euro car go from 1.8m to 2.5m IMO.

7. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    My well-used and stone-chipped Crystal Ball is currently in for a much-needed service & refurbishment, however, I can tell you that on the basis of my regular trading of these, I noted that the 25-year rule made no significant difference to 288 GTOs and to either Eu/ROW F40s or Tipo USA cars.

I expect the same with both variants of the F50.

I have expounded on this before, many professionals and non-professionals have theories similar to what your dealer stated above, but the reality is something else.

Well-stated, I concur.

JagShergill likes this.
  8. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks for that considered response and makes a lot of sense - thanks again

9. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thank you for that - makes a lot of sense .... thanks again

10. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    That’s interesting to hear ....

11. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks Joe , always good to hear your thoughts on f50 matters in particular and appreciate your crystal balling !

joe sackey likes this.
  12. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I imagine a UK spec F50 is slightly one peg up from a ROW version for US buyers given the speedo will be in miles and that there were only 25 of these. How significant that would be in the whole scheme of things I guess is debatable.

The pound being on is arse at the moment would also help.

13. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    True - and at this rate it will fall so far that even it’s arse will seem aspirational :)

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    That wouldn't make any difference to a USA buyer IMO, such things don't motivate my clients much, it would simply come down to the traditional factors of mileage, condition, provenance, maintenance history, and of course color preference, the main proviso naturally being price.

15. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Pretty cool:

Boomhauer and joe sackey like this.
  17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    https://www.instagram.com/joesackeyclassics/

USA F50 available. 1 of @ 55 Tipo USA cars, long term VIP Ferrari collector ownership, Cavallino Classic Platinum award winner, meticulously maintained with fuel bladders changed, Classiche Certified, just over 8,000 miles and in as new condition, all factory ancillaries present, fairly priced. Principals contact me directly with serious interest

Image Unavailable, Please Login

YellowF50 and VPX like this.
  18. FCD

FCD Karting

Nov 27, 2011
    Germany
  19. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’ll check a source for you. Won’t know until Monday.

FCD likes this.
  20. FCD

FCD Karting

Nov 27, 2011
    Germany
    Mille Grazie

21. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Chemics, Camlet1, Valerian and 5 others like this.
  22. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  23. Maciek

Maciek Karting

Jan 20, 2007
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Maciek N
    Wow!

Would you mind sharing the serial number?

24. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  25. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Modulo_B and Caeruleus11 like this.