The F50 Thread | Page 90 | FerrariChat

The F50 Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by amenasce, Dec 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The color and finish of the gearbox & transmission on the Girardo F50 is different from original, that's the thing I notice immediately.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    absolutely its very shinny, and too dark, I noticed that as well, but did not want to go overboard and start savaging it, I can certainly say even without seeing it - it is simply NOT the best F50 in the world - still a stunning car and it will make someone very happy

joe sackey likes this.
  3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Very difficult to judge from photos but the forward portion of the transaxle housing, the part the control arms mount to looks odd. Just one more reason I am not in favor of restoring otherwise good cars. Cosmetically speaking very good but imperfect original cars trump well intentioned restoration every time. Lauren Bacall later in life did a photo shoot for a famous furrier and her pictures were retouched to make her look more youthful. She was furious and said "They are my wrinkles, I am proud of them. I earned them dammit". We could all learn a lesson from her.

Preservation, not restoration.

joe sackey, AtSomePoint and 275GTB like this.
  4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Constructive observation based on specific documented knowledge is just fine, that's quite different from disparaging to make a point or serve an interest.

5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    F50 106765 officially gained an enthusiastic new owner today, congratulations to our longterm client MS who will keep the car here in California.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    Interesting discoveries regarding the supplied photos in the car history files, I know an owner on Instagram recently posted a picture of the guy inspecting his car on a final inspection ( the white coat and dark hair, seen in a few pictures here) and the son Davide of this guy Fabio Scipioni identified him as his dad and didn’t know that pictures were supplied with the car.

Another interesting fact discovered this week maybe somebody has noticed it before, but car no 1 in Miami is currently having some maintenance carried out and it has been discovered that one of the differences with car no 1 is a different engine cover (see below), I compared this with both car 99999 and car no 2 , as these should of been built before and after no 1, but they both have the same cover as all other cars.

note the screws in the cover on the scoops where as all other cars have no screws. ( Before it is noted, the owner is aware it has discoloured but wishes to preserve the originality).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    It looks like the Lexan simply needs to be cleaned and professionally polished, it generally responds well to treatment.

YellowF50 likes this.
  8. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Pictures c/o @tipozerofourzero

YellowF50 and joe sackey like this.
  9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  10. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    If they loved it, they should have protected those painted wheels from the straps with microfiber!

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    This is a period image from the 90s when microfiber towels were probably not in use by transportation entities, that said I'm more concerned about the roof or even the tonneau cover not being on the car, which speaks to my earlier comment about many F50s I have encountered having dried-out interiors.

Modulo_B likes this.
  12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Modulo_B likes this.
  13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Modulo_B likes this.
  14. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Marcel, don't bother asking him, he can't tell you anything abut the content of the images he posts, FerrariFR33458 only posts out-of-focus images with no information or caption whatsoever, we might as well go on Google and type in 'F50' and have a look at whatever comes up randomly.

Since these are supposed to be resource threads (with technical, historical, production & market information supported by illustrations & images) we've asked him in the past to supply some information along with his images, but there wasn't any response and he seems to only be here to get his picture-post count up.

To be post-worthy, at the very least images ought to be accompanied with location information, better still with additional content information, yet better still with date information, and even better still with chassis number information if possible or appropriate.

That said, as we all know, these images were taken at Kessel in your beautiful country, who specializes in the Ferrari Supercars as evidenced by the GTO, 3 F40s and 3 F50s in the frame, it is an old image doing the rounds on various platforms, it was taken by Kessel themselves and posted several years ago in November of 2017 so those cars may no longer be in Switzerland. I only wish I could tell you the various chassis numbers in addition.

If you are ever in Switzerland, Kessel https://www.kessel.ch/en/kessel-classic.php is really worth a visit.

thorn likes this.
  17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    NürScud likes this.
  18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    106765, a missed opportunity at Pebble Beach last August, since I sold it, I've had 2 different people call with stories of regret about not buying this utterly spectacular example at a great price, I can only surmise they never actually inspected the car themselves but delegated it to others who failed to report it's exceptional condition or didn't have the experience for comparison.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Han did the kessel run in 12 parsecs!

So I hear...

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    What are you talking about?

21. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    :eek: Hel-loooo, Star Wars reference? ;)

SVCalifornia and joe sackey like this.
  22. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT

F140C, tomc, NürScud and 1 other person like this.
  23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Not a Star Wars fan but I get it now.

Very cool.