The Factory | Page 10 | FerrariChat

The Factory

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by pc233, Aug 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    3rd picture, on left I recognize Paolo Dallara...

2. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    The article is written by Tom Brahmer for Fart Magazine, and i think it was written in September 1964. Yes, the man in glasses is Dallara and according to article he had a practise work at the SKF factory in Gothenburg a couple of years earlier, interesting Swedish connection.

When this article was written Ferruccio had his office at the Tractor factory in Crevalcore. Interesting things is that there was an plan for an Spyder and a racing version of the 350GT in plan at that time, the race version was planed to be an lighter 2 seater version of the 350 called with an engine called 350GTV. This engine would have 6st Weber 38 IDL carburettors, 360HP at 8000/min, this engine was endurance tested at 9500/min.

There was also an story that Bob Wallace crashed Swedish race driver Jo Bonniers Cevy Corvette, a couple of years earlier.

3. bb4635

bb4635 Formula Junior

May 18, 2006
    France
    #228 bb4635, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. pc233

pc233 Karting

May 13, 2009
    Wellington, NZ
    Full Name:
    Paul Clemence
    #229 pc233, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
    Oh, please, you expect us not to laugh, that's just cruel as my schoolboy sense of humour is currently in overdrive ;-) Thanks for sharing some of the back story too.
    I hope to post some more images soon, but we're in the process of immigrating back to New Zealand at the moment, so it'll be a juggling act as more and more of my stuff disappears back into boxes. The good news is that I have the rest of my archive back home that I will have access to in about ten weeks.
    FART, sorry, but I'm going to be chuckling about that one all day now:)

5. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
  6. jimmy

jimmy Karting

May 22, 2006
  7. 400GT4doors

400GT4doors Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Vigo, Spain
    Thank you very much, Jota 5084. Awesome pics of the first Gandini proposal for the Cizeta!!

8. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    #233 jm2, Apr 6, 2011
  9. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier

10. 400GT4doors

400GT4doors Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Vigo, Spain

11. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ferrucio's years...

12. rolando

rolando Karting

Feb 26, 2011
    Ferruccio did not feign interest. He just had to make up his mind. It wasn't all clear to him at that moment what direction to take.

13. 400GT4doors

400GT4doors Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Vigo, Spain
    Ok, keep us informed ;.)

14. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I disagree... Ferruccio feigned interest in racing according to Sgarzi and to Stanzani, that I interviewed as well !!!

Since his own "bad experience", he always knew he will never enter in competition... as Roy wrote in another thread, Ferruccio just wanted to produce the best sport road car by that period, better than Ferrari or Maserati, with no intention to race it... he got his goal, isn't...

15. rolando

rolando Karting

Feb 26, 2011
    Dear Olivier,

I also interviewed Stanzani and Sgarzi, and met several times Ferruccio himself. We have a very nice video document talking to him.

Why did Ferruccio choose Scaglione to design the 350 GTV ?

16. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    7th May 1963, Automobili Lamborghini SpA was officialy created at the Commercial Chamber of Bologna. Ferruccio knew if he was willing to present a prototype for Turin exhibition that year, he needs to find a quick designer...

Among all the designers, Carpegianni adviced him to select Franco Scaglione for his modern design capabilities and of course for his availability to work immediately because he just separated with Nuccio Bertone where Franco created Alfa B.A.T.

Appointment was fixed.

Scaglione arrived in a very nice Mercedes, that was already a good point to impress positively Ferruccio (who liked people who showed off), but mostly because Scaglione came with an "attractive bomb" secretary that impressed so much Ferruccio... then he gave Scaglione immediately the "job"...

Ferruccio admited later it was a mistake as reporters & journalist present at the launch were no convinced either by the design or by the poor quality of the assembly.

Moreover, Tonino Lamborghini who was also present that day told me the overall mood was frozen, sceptical people were no asking that much questions, Ferruccio was emphasing his prototype without convincing anybody...

17. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Speaking for myself but probably for some others curious as I'm, will you be very kind to publish your Ferruccio's video on YOUTUBE... should be an extreme awesome document !!!

Will you do it ???

18. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    was the GTV prototype ever painted silver ?
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5255/5538015032_27f94aedcf_z.jpg

+1
    We all would love to see that

please ...

19. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  20. chris360hawks

chris360hawks Formula Junior

May 29, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Chris Hard
  21. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    That's in fact a model, but yes it was painted silver-grey when it was presented. There are verious pictures showing this.

22. lambomiura

lambomiura Formula Junior

May 18, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Philippe Muratori
    #247 lambomiura, Apr 10, 2011
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Miura Jota
    was the GTV prototype ever painted silver ?
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5255/...f94aedcf_z.jpg ..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olivier NAMECHE
    this is a model car 1/43 ?

Up to my knowledge, it was never painted silver...

From the GTV brochure: silver / light blue

Philippe
    S2 7987
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. rolando

rolando Karting

Feb 26, 2011
    Dear Olivier,

Perhaps you read in the meantime the second part about Lamborghini in 1963 (www.passioneautomobile.com).

I respect your opinion but I have some remarks to make:

1. Ferruccio wanted a robust engine. OK, but why did he agree then with Bizzarrini upon 100 BHP per litre, a figure in that period only obtained by racing cars, not the most reliable engines I would say ?
    2. Scaglione left Bertone in 1959, 4 years before he got the job for Lamborghini.
    3. Everybody working for Lamborghini Automobili in the early beginning and even after the creation of the company was on the payroll of Lamborghini Trattori or Brucciatori.
    3. The Scaglione story with the Mercedes and the secretary is told by Stanzani and is completely reliable, but Stanzani arrived in september/october 1963. At that moment the decision was already taken to give Scaglione the job, confirmed by Dallara.
    4. We know Ferruccio's passion for nice secretaries, but he was in the first place a businessman. I don't believe the presence of the bomb was the principle reason for him to give the contract to Scaglione.
    5. I think the explanation of Dallara why the 350 GTV didn't go into production, is clear, also confirmed by Bianchi Anderloni.

Last point, regarding the video, I can not publish this document since there are too many passages referring to persons, personal comments of Ferruccio. The last thing I want is to create polemics about individuals.

24. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    I know this brochure and another picture from a different angle, when you look at the colours you see that they are very pale, I suppose this brochure is printed to bright, since on other pictures the car is much darker.
    BTW also in the famous Auto Jahr of 1963 a picture can be found.

25. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I still consider it light blue... and not silver... as Tonino's book showes it in light blue for its presentation at Sant'Agata...