The Ferrari Enzo Ferrari replacement thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Ferrari Enzo Ferrari replacement thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by etomcat, Sep 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    No thats the Aurora a students interpretation of a Ferrari.

2. mr.modena

mr.modena Formula 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Jaroslav Hanus
  3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Mkay. Now, which way does it go?

4. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    The template is clear, no?

It will have 12 cylinders, potentially an all-new motor from which the 8 and 12 cyl. "volume" Ferrari engines will be derived. By the time it's released, Lambo, McMerc, MercChrys, and whoever else will have increased their HPs and TQs to beat the Enzo. Therefore, the next Super F-car will probably have around 800HPs, weigh around the same or less than the Enzo, and incorporate even more F1 technology, especially the E-Diff systems we see on the F1 steering wheels.

Styling, of course, is the 60 million dollar question. Considering the extraordinary reactions to the Enzo and it's instant icon status, something the F40 and F50 never achieved, at least in terms of styling, I look for an equally extreme, F1 inspired design.

With this car, more than any other, Ferrari will bring F1 to the road, and thereby distance itself from all rivals, whether they have more HP and TQ or not. As I've said before, HP and TQ are the only areas other marques can compete with and occasionally surpass Ferrari. The other dynamics, thanks to their F1 expertise and dominance, will always be beyond reach. With one exception, Mclaren-Mercedes could, and should build something to compete directly with Ferrari. They're the only group that can. With their money and engery all over the place, however, it is questionable whether they will.

Even then, fifty years of racing and the passion of one man and an entire country cannot be duplicated overnight. It is this, perhaps more than anything, that makes Ferrari so difficult to follow.

Forza,

Cavallini

5. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Do you think this new car will have a larger engine displacement. The Enzo is a 6.0 Liter.

By the way, I was reading the new Motor Trend magazine and Amedeo Felisa (Gruppo Ferrari Maserati's chief Technical Director, the man primarily responsible for taking new cars from drawing board to dealer showroom) said that the Enzo sucessor will be developed.

6. SupercarFreak

SupercarFreak Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    i dont see why not...

f40 - 2.88
    f50 - 4.7
    enzo - 6.0
    ??? - 7.5 ???

7. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    A few pictures have been taken of an exotic new car around Maranello. There are certain design similarities to the Enzo though you can see the front splitter is much larger which results in greater downforce.

8. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Okay okay. I'll stop for a while.

However, if you're entering Law School I think that collections like Armen's or to a much lesser extent, mine, will be chicken feed for you, especially if you follow the footsteps of the Vice President wannabe who supposedly made $40 million suing companies in class action lawsuits.

Was it Socrates who said "First thing we need to do. Kill all the lawyers."

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i thought it was Shakespeare...

10. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I think he stole it from one of the early Greek philosophers.He said it in Henry VI but I thought I had heard it attributed to Aristotle or Socrates and then repeated by Livy in some roman texts.

Whoever said it, it's a great idea!

11. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, Dude, you win - there's no way i can back up my statement with that much information... :)

Ironically, i first heard the quote from a lawyer who loved to quote it... Go figure...

12. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

I don't see why it wouldn't. However, Ferrari likes to do more with less than other automakers. Added to that is the almost definite switch in F1 from V-10s to a 2.4 liter V8, rumored to produce 800HPs or so, and scream to 22K RPMs. Granted, F1 cars weigh a fraction of road cars, but I could see a 6.5 liter V12 derived directly from the F1 V8. Obviously, Ferrari would never resort to turbos or superchargers with this car, but I doubt they would play the torque wars of MB and Viper for the obvious reasons.

With the already brilliant success of the 430, (see the modern section for its review by a British magazine), due in large part to the direct trickle down of F1 technologies, the next super-Ferrari will be even closer to its F1 big brothers, in every way possible......especially with Jean Todt at the helm.

Your thoughts.....

Cavallini