The Ferrari SUV Thread | Page 41 | FerrariChat

The Ferrari SUV Thread

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Il'inglese, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    no problem. fuv will be the sportiest and most emotional suv on market. little bit like tallest midget, but it will fill a niche

2. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    Guy in sweater is doing what he knows best... sad, just sad.

3. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    #1003 BaronM69, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    10-20 years from now when 1/2 cars will be electric and self driving, and noisy vehicle seen as 100% antisocial, Ferrari will be suffering anyhow.

They are probably milking what they can till they can.

Then, Ferrari attractivity will reside in track car vehicles, and most luxury buyers will move onto super luxury craft art like vehicles, like Rolls, which we really don't care if they self drive or what engine is fitted into. It will be the luxury status and comfort/passenger entertainment for going from A to B. And we'll have a track Ferrari in the garage for week ends...

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think pretty good points @BaronM69. I have a feeling Ferrari will still be a small enough maker that they will still be making street cars for enjoyment.

5. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    #1005 BaronM69, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    Hopefully, but at this time, and Ferrari having moved up to the super premium luxury market from sports car / racing only, will we be willing to buy a Ferrari or will we be tempted by real specialized makers of sports cars only?

I have a lusso on order, and the idea of seeing them replace the lusso line with an suv is making me rethink my choice.
    Its like that type of car does not even fit to Ferrari future plans.
    Also thinking they will put an end to such a long lignage of v12 coupe 2+2 is sad. When you spec/buy a new ferrari, you also buy a little bit of the past history that your model inherited.

6. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    #1006 robertgarven, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Friends,

As many know there is no one more loyal to everything Ferrari. However some of the newer designs are so unflattering to me that Im not sure a SUV would make me sadder....

Rob
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    This. One hundred times this. People like you and me will feel various degrees of repulse when faced with the idea of a Ferrari SUV.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

8. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Thats why I have 2 vintage Ferraris! HA :)

9. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    This rendering looks like a cross between a Cayenne and some grinning fool character from the Cars movies. For the love of all that is holy Enzoness, someone please give Marchionne the telephone number to Pininfarina!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

10. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    All,

Not worry thats just and old pic I found online years ago and probably earlier in this thread! HA

Rob

I still stand by my post a few of the new Ferraris to me have nothing in common with the beauty of the past designs....Ill leave it to your imagination... but I am older and remember when every Ferrari came out it was fantastic to me.......

11. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    yes it was on #14 but lost to time till now!!!!

12. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I'm not so sure they would be replacing the GTC4 with a SUV. I think the SUV would be in addition. Congrats on your order. That's supposed to be quite a car!

13. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Thanks!

Well, supposed to be an October build, but considering I took a historical color, I have been warned delivery could occur as late as March, based of delays seen in ordering historical colors this year for other clients.
    Hopefully will see the car in Nov.

14. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    THIS IS EVERYTHING

SERGIO >>> WAKE THE F UP

15. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian

Why does Ferrari need to sell so much more?

An incredibly expensive SUV is going to destroy the romance of Ferrari ... FF/Lusso is as far as you can get from a race car.

When you sell a crossover, you sell a small SUV, and a SUV is a TRUCK.

The day Ferrari sells a little truck it kills the whole deal.

And for what? 500 units?

16. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Historic color is exciting! Don't want to hijack the thread so when she arrives please let us know!

17. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    It will cost more than FF/Lusso so it will be most expensive suv on market, this will be rare toy and it will not hurt Ferrari exclusivity, only think that I don't like: it will probably don't have NA V12 :)

18. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

Why? Just don't buy it. If people don't buy them they won't continue making them.

19. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
  20. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i think thats fake news. from what i hear the bentyga's are sitting on the lots in the northeast. i dont think ive seen more than 2 on the road.

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    As sad as it is for me to hear this, it fits Marchionne's MO. I, of course, don't know the guy personally, but let's just say I don't hold him in high esteem.

A guy that can say "You'll have to shoot me first" and less than 1 year later make a 180, is not somebody I would be comfortable doing business with.

I do think though, that he is most likely taking marching orders from whoever is pulling the strings at the Angelli Family.

Seems like the order to squeeze every dollar out of all assets is the new paradigm.

I acknowledge this is also pre-judgment, this is speculation until we all really see a Ferrari "Macon" and I do LOVE the FF, California, and 488. I didn't think they sold their soul to make that some of these cars (I know many will disagree me.)

22. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I hear the same thing. I think its due to them being ugly and so expensive.

23. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    An Audi Q7 with a Saville Row suit.

24. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    #1024 Dino2010, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Ouch... I am naturally not a fan of the idea. BUT, I think let's wait and see what they come up with. I think Ferrari has shown they are pretty innovative. Maybe they will do something very interesting and not as brand damaging as some fear. If they stick to being purists they will end up with no company.