The FF is Perfect! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The FF is Perfect!

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by K1ngandrew, Sep 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

That’s true unless u had an exhaust set up like mine… at 180kp it was loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyrichter likes this.
  2. VOKS7780

VOKS7780 Karting

Apr 2, 2020
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    VIC OVASAPYAN
    Don't even blink for a second. This has been the most practical and reliable vehicle for me thus far. I love everything about it and the stares I get from driving around is priceless. Get it and enjoy it.

BTW I purchased mine the same way you're trying to do by positing it on this forum. It worked out really well for me and I wish you good luck.

At one point my car and Eddie's @plastique999 car look like identical twins except the wheels.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

K1ngandrew likes this.
  3. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Took my son to pick up our FF on delivery day, he chuckled on the cold-start, can't replace that with anything.

As someone else mentioned earlier, I was also initially hung up on the LED steering wheel. Unlike practically any other Ferrari where it's a must have option, many FF's do not have the LED wheel, so I even budgeted an extra $5k to install one after. Since the FF is more of a GT, the options have a different appeal to a different audience. After living with the car now I'm off the LED bandwagon and don't care to have it anymore.

I'd say something like the pano roof is a much more generally desirable option, especially if you live in cooler climates where the sun isn't always beating down on you.

Happy hunting!

Bundy and papou like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Bought mine for 3k off eurospares. Plug and play and made it easier to resale

rhern213 likes this.
  5. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Certainly if I find one at a great price I'd still do it. Curious, does yours have the LED on/off option in the menu?
    Many others have not been able to do a simple swap because the LED software menu was not pre-loaded from factory so they couldn't get the lights on. In those cases they had to take the car to Ferrari and have them update the software, which they were also charging a crazy amount for.

One other problem for me is the dash and wheel are blu scuro, very rare to come across one in the used market.

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Yessir!
    Beauty! Funny I’m in the process of tinting all my lights …. Curious how did they blacken that silly round side orange reflectors under the shields??

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah - it’s called the proxy which Ferrari charges 3k to install (unless you buy the steering wheel from them).
    Some people do have the proxy - not just the dealer- but not many. Mine had it.

rhern213 likes this.
  8. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    Best of luck! No kids, but I've been a hatchback nerd my entire life and the allure of a ferrari v12 with a hatch was too much to ignore for my first. Ferrari took me out last weekend to drive the Roma, PortM, SF90 and F8 and while all of them were excellent I still think that itch is gonna be solved only with the hatch (and I'm sure my wallet will thank me). Funny how we're essentially looking for opposite specs, I really want a red or blue (AC maybe?!) or frankly any color that isn't black, grey, silver. Unfortunately while doing the PPI on a Rosso Marinello/Beige 2012 FF, the NCBI informed me that it was reported stolen so back on the hunt! But there was a white/maroon private sale yellow compass was commissioned for that changed his mind, maybe if he changed it back...

K1ngandrew likes this.
  9. Lvbg200378

Lvbg200378 Rookie

Oct 3, 2021
    Hello

I have a 2015 Ferrari FF TDF Blue with 28k miles on it. Come with options like pano roof, daytona seat, Window Sticker is about $368k , are you interested?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Welcome. I had a very early 2012 black black FF which I still miss.

The great : the cold start sound. Woof. The drive, the smell, the feel. All 100 % Ferrari and more analog than one thinks.

I had a bunch of miles and wanted to get a newer version. I wanted the pano roof, newer tech, and less miles/ warranty. They were hard to find the. And the prices were 160-170. I searched and searched.

I should have used Mike/ Yellow compass. Couldn’t find then so I went into a Lusso 12 in2019 and for me I’m glad I did based on value and options.

They will be harder to find but look for late 2014/2015 or even 2016. Version . Daytona’s are nice and there are many secret FFs out there. Put a want to buy and hold out for a special car. I missed but was offered back (too late) a Nero Stellato FF !!!!! In Arizona. Call Penske and see if that car is available again. Amazing option etc. many of these cars sit as fourth or fifth cars and owners may part with them.

Other suggestion is call your closest dealer and ask if they know of one in your spec and then wait. Dealer gives you access to warranty, finance if desired in this crazy market and builds a relationship for the future when you need service or desire to go purosangue or other new Ferrari.

Good luck. The hunt makes them special. Good luck in this market.

rhern213 likes this.
  11. RichPunk505

RichPunk505 Rookie

Nov 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Just got my FF - I'm in love. My 9 year old loves it, the wife says it's "acceptable" and teenage daughter isn't embarrassed to be dropped off in it. It's my daily driver replacing my 2020 M760li - which was so perfect but had no soul.

QUESTION TO THE GROUP: FYI, I'm brand new here - anybody have recommendations for water bottles that fit in the rear cupholders? My kids water bottles don't fit - this is literally the only problem I have with the FF at this point.

otakki, rhern213 and plastique999 like this.
  12. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Welcome to the forum.
    Regular 0.5 litre cola or water bottles fit just fine - avoid the types designed for bicycles or yoga/gym. They’re too wide.

Your kids will also discover that the rear a/c vents do a great job of keeping their drinks cold too!

13. Infant

Infant Karting

Dec 23, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    René
    I love the FF and GTC4Lusso above any and all other cars precisely because I can share with everyone in my family. It truly is one of my best (car) purchases ever.

mrchaztsai and Elferink like this.
  14. mrchaztsai

mrchaztsai Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2020
    Hong Kong/Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charlie T
    This! My wife was happy when I brought the 458 home, but was ecstatic when I got the FF and she realized how spacious it actually was. I was just excited I could finally bring my baby boy in the back around town with me now! He loves the V12 :D

otakki and ANOpax like this.
  15. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    My son has these, while they don't go all the way down in the holder, they do fit snuggly on the very bottom edge and won't fall. It actually helps because since he's in a car seat he wouldn't otherwise be able to reach it on his own if they fit all the way down in the holder.

16. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Oh, oh. I think Dad is going to be in trouble when baby boy hits 16! :D

rhern213 likes this.
  17. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Time for one of the software shops to get us a menu setting where fuel cut-off is at 3k rpm. They'd make a fortune from us!

Nospinzone likes this.