The first pics of my 2004 S2000! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The first pics of my 2004 S2000!

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by triXXXter, Nov 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MayB1Day

MayB1Day Karting
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I totally agree with ^^^

Its probably the one thing that, if I do end up in an Fcar, that will push me out of a 348 into a 355.

It would probably not sit well if I sold my S2000, spent an additional C$40K on a 348 that was less reliable, was almost 10 years older, cost way more per year to run, didnt really perform any better and has an interior I like less.

Dont get me wrong - Im a HUGE 348 lover and give me the choice to put one in my garage right now instead of the S2000 and Id hit that in 0.1second, but I WOULD feel some remorse as a result because practically speaking, it doesnt make any sense next to an S2000 (considering only the car itself).

That said, I realize that Id be paying for more than the practicality of the car. Its a freaking Ferrari for F&%#* sakes!

Man, I want one sssoooo bad! I will have one next summer.

2. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    I'm surprised Randy S. hasn't chimed in. He has a nice red one.

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #28 Schatten, Nov 24, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Been meaning to drop you a line Al.

Congrats triXXXter! Quite perty indeed! If you ever have any questions at all, drop me a PM.

Here's one shot of my 2001 from a North Texas autocross in Mineral Wells. Of course, lots more from various events here: www.buymeaferrari.com/gallery/
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    New much better pics. FINALLY!

5. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Maybe I'm off the mark here, but shouldn't this be in OT or on another chat site?? This is Ferrari chat...

6. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    Oh come on and cut me a brake. I'm just really excited here. It's "showroom" so I'm showing :) .

7. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    Very happy for you... I was where you are 20 years ago. Wait till you get a Ferrari though, then you relize what owning a Ferrari really means... I can tell you now it's not at all about speed.

8. 355flyer

355flyer Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2004
    Gadsden, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Andy Entrekin
    I own a 355 F1 but I am looking for a s2000 for my wife. How do you like it? Is the supercharger worth it? What mods are worth it?

9. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    It is a fun driver's car. If she likes driving and not having all the creature comforts like heated seats (from the factory, but you can do it yourself if you want), NAV, and all the other gadgets, then this might be for her. It works very very well on the road course or in autocross events.

Mods? Are they worth it? While I can say yes for some, I will probably have to say no to overall. Supercharger, sure. But is it worth 5-6K for the kit + install? That is up to you to determine. You are increasing HP % wise from the 200base at the wheels or 240 at the crank. So, a little item that yields something to the extent of 3-4% (which is extremely rare) will be worth a lot. While the mods are not in Ferrari price range, they are not cheap.

Personally, I'd skip the mod route and invest in tires tires tire + a pile of brake pads + track time. But that is my take and my interests. Your wife's might be very different.