The Ford GT Market | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The Ford GT Market

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by ttn27, Jul 16, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Yes, ABS only. No traction control, true three pedal, blower whine that just makes you want to go faster. I wish they'd depreciate until I get mine, then go back up:)

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Me too Troy :)

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Almost all the new cars have depreciation like a boat anchor

Except for La Ferrari & a few others

4. Vincent998

Vincent998 Rookie

Feb 18, 2009
    Oregon
    I think the reason why there are very few "high mileage" GTs for sale is that they are owned by people who love to drive them and don't have any intention of selling. The low mileage cars were "collected" and many have obviously sat for years. Now I think they are being sold for a profit or to buy the "next great thing."

I suspect that many of the low mileage cars would need going over before they could be driven - Ford recommends changing the belts if the car has sat for long periods. And all the fluids would have to be changed also. The coolant, for instance, has a three year shelf life. And what about the seals? Finally, if a high price is paid for a low mileage car, then it can't be driven without reducing its value.

I deliberately bought mine at a relatively high mileage (almost 14,000 miles), have driven it 3,000 miles in the last year, and will do the same this year and probably every future year that I own it. It's a great car, very quick, wonderful to drive, comfortable, beautiful, and reliable. Who could ask for more?

boxerman likes this.
  5. roketman

roketman Rookie

Oct 22, 2007
    acton ma
    Full Name:
    ronald
    To me the only investment a car is my enjoyment.I have 30k of all smile miles on my 06 Ford GT.The only game I play is.The person who dies with the most mileage wins!
    I'm not saving mine for the next guy!

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  6. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I am glad to see a few people drove the cars. I know a few people with them and none are driven really kills me .. They really are a fantastic car . I think they will continue to go up in price for long time to come unless either ford builds more..

7. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Maybe Ford will build more GTs for their 200th Anniversary.

Sadly we have a long wait LOL

8. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #58 leead1, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    Most people focus on the apearance and that is understandable. They are also a wonderful driving car.

Since I bought my FGT new in 2005 I have put 9200 miles on it. IT has been great to drive and very reliable.

For me I prefer to buy a car that has been driven consistantly but not alot. In this was things stay working.

My freind bought a very low mileage Countach. When he started driving it he had oil leaks everywhere.

best

Lee

boxerman likes this.
  9. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #59 leead1, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    Luke. I have or currently do own most extotics and the Ford GT is much less expensive to maintain.

Not only are the car parts inexpensive the car is reliable as an anvil. Just like Corbettes have been for decades. I have changed one battery in the eight years I have owned it.

So far parts at the ford dealership I bought the car have been in stock, or in one case the next day.

I agree this may change with time but I do believe owners will always be able to get parts because the car is so iconic. Many of the parts are on current cars like the Mustang. Others are made by Porsche.

I drove my Ford Gt today and it always brings a smile to my face.

Best

Lee

10. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    #60 ByeEnzo, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Amen Ron! 38k miles here. What a blast at Rally 8.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
    Great pic. Sorry I missed it!

12. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Missed it by days. Glad all had fun!

13. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    A friend of mine was there (white w/ blue stripes, white raised font on the tires), I was living vicariously through his video uploads. Looks like a blast!

14. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Hagerty | The Appraiser
    31,000 miles

15. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    Nice piece!

Thank you,
    Joe

16. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Stupid low appraisal.....does not even agree with Hagerty's own appraisal calculator. I would like to see the guy try to go out and find a similar car for that number. Quite simply, a joke.

17. maxemus

maxemus Karting

Apr 25, 2009
    Miami, FL.
    Full Name:
    Ernie
    Agreed. Mine is a blue white stripe has 9k miles. 5 of which I put on in the first year but it’s a cream puff car. Wouldn’t consider anything without a 4__k on an offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Exactly, not much available for anything starting with less than a 4. Now I would take seriously an offer in the low 3's for mine but it is heavily modified.

But the car in the video is a clean mostly original 1 owner car, and the guy suggests $275k as a start point....dumb, dumb, dumb.

19. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Interesting BAT auction today whereby this 05 GT with 6 thousand miles sold for 455k with fees. Even with a weak economy,these cars manage to drive interest.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thecadster, NbyNW and Face76 like this.
  20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I watched that auction. It was a weird one. I think the winner stepped on himself, and I say that as an owner of a 2005 in the exact same spec.

Art138 likes this.
  21. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    This thread certainly isn't getting much action! Today a Yellow -Black 2006 GT sold for 525K on Bat. the car had 156 miles on it, being sold by a museum in Florida. These cars absolutely are stunners! These days Dino GT's are selling for a half million dollars. Totally a different car, but bang for the buck, I think one of these cars would make a car guys heart go pitter patter WAY more than a Dino!

While a half million dollars is a lot of money for a car that sold for way less, not many years ago, I see SO MANY Porsches selling for just stupid money. So what's the deal? Is the USA full of YOLO men?

22. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    Nativetroy, 488Julius, Oz-ATL and 6 others like this.
  23. 488Julius

488Julius Karting

Feb 10, 2024
    Full Name:
    Julius Gergly
  24. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    Looks like you're driving it the wrong direction. ;) Nice spec.

versamil likes this.
  25. 488Julius

488Julius Karting

Feb 10, 2024
    Full Name:
    Julius Gergly
    Thanks Oz. This thing drives nice in all directions