The future F1 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The future F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by beast, Apr 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I agree with what PSK said, I think that the teams are so eager to find the next great one that they are not letting them grow and learn through the ranks. I am beginning to think that they should make it mandatory for every driver to have at least a year worth of experience at the level of real world class competition such as F3 or F3000.

MS came from a junior MB Group C team, plenty of world class competition with the major manufactures involvment at the time. Also, he started his F1 career with Jordan, a good team with good promises at the time, but not exactly one of the top teams.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Want to see a bunch of REAL drivers in F1 ..... Ban the aerodynamics; all of them .... no need to regulate anything else (this decade)

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes, there is more to this comment than it first looks. Down force does make cornering fast easier, and thus takes less talent. As always driving it is driving on the edge of grip that takes ability, with such huge downforce many of the current steerers don't get anywhere near that edge and still turn okay lap times ...

Note how many are pathetic in the rain or when the track is damp.

Oh well, I wonder if there is a local gokart race I can go and watch and see some REAL skill?

Pete