The FXX K Thread | Page 6 | FerrariChat

The FXX K Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by MisterMaranello, Jul 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    YES! :D

2. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012

How is that possible ?!?

The FXX was supposed to be their fastest car.

Is this the reason why they sent an 599XX to the Nurburgring instead of the FXX ?

Or is it because of the front overhang of the FXX ?

3. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    The FXX is quite an old special car already, the 599XX was under further development until now what has brought 599XX Evo version. FXX still more powerful (800 vs 750 hp) and other bigger or lesser differences.
    Maybe we have some attention from sb who was privileged to have/drive one. Or search in another threads about XX cars.

Nurb.Nordschleife is a specific "track".It's about knowledge of the track, of the car and drivers skills and .. how brave they are;-) to set a respectful times there.Not only about a car.

I wouldnt worry about FXX or 599XX. The new "LaFXX ;-) will be definitely faster than both.
    LaFerrari overhang is also prominent but it coped the Nurb. quite good, even the Karousel.

4. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Firstly, the Challenge car is not directly comparable to the XX cars, be it in purpose, engine size, electronics or for that matter, cost.

Which of the FXX or XX is faster (assuming same driver, same day, same track) is a function of the track. A track with a lot of long straights will favour an FXX EVO (especially with its new Pirelli tyres and rear discs/pads) as it is about 70 kgs lighter than the XX and has 90 bhp more (860 vs 750+).

The XX Evo is quicker on certain racks thanks to its active aero, more sophisticated aero and its truly amazing brakes. Progress continues as we are in the process of a suspension set up eve that will allow an even better use of the specifically made Pirelli tyres.

Don't forget the age element: The FXX is 9 years old and the XX is 5. Given that, they remain amazing machines!!

The LaFerrari XX is of course MUCH faster than either - and so it should be!

5. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    ..talking about Mr. ChalStrad and Mr. ChalStrad appeared ;-).

Thanks Peter.

6. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    FXX is already 9 years old? How time passes! Do you remember how many years after the FXX's presentation, the Evoluzione kit was ready for installation? One or two years after?

7. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    I completely agree Peter, I was just making the comment in the interest of lap times. The 458 CH is a race car. 599XX / FXX are protoype test cars. I said sometimes, not always.

They are amazing cars, although somewhat limited in use. I'm still gutted I missed the Imola shakedown for the two 599XX a few guys I know bought. Hopefully they will strike again with LaFXX. ;)

It's interesting you mentioned Pirelli. Do you recall when they swapped from Michelin, and if there were any specific reasons given? Monza, Paul Ricard etc. are ofc FXX "friendly" circuits.

8. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #133 kandi, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    I have moved it here from another thread, so I could quote its OP:
    LaFerrari XX won't have the electric motor?

I haven't heard about that ever before.
    Wouldn't it be a step backwards in development of LaFerrari in terms of power and other seemlessly integrated with ECU, systems ?

9. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    The LaFXX is most definitely hybrid.

10. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Delicious answer. THANKS again.
    Can't wait to see more details of the LaFXX.

11. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Soon

12. glendon

glendon Karting

Sep 13, 2013
    I love those lil fins they got on the back of the lafxx. Would look crazy on the road going version

13. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Peter, I have some questions.

The LFXXs will be equipped with a new livery including a new rear wing profiles?

The LFXX prototype is designed exclusively for track driving as part of a specific R&D programme agreed with a selected group. Did you continue this adventure?

The last 5 years how many kilometres of tests did you carried with XX Programme?

The modifications focused for the LFXX are aerodynamics, running gear, CCM and electronics?
    Formula 1 World Champion Michael Schumacher joined the ranks of the client test drivers and gave the programme the benefit of his vast experience on several occasions.
    Concerning the LFXX who was implicated in this programme?

The FXX's Fiorano lap time was under 1'16'' did you have a chrono for LFXX?

Extra video cameras mounted on the car ?

14. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl0fp1E5doo]Ferrari La Ferrari FXX 2015 Misano - YouTube[/ame]

15. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    The livery will obviously vary with each client's wishes based on a proposed scheme.
    There is a whole new aero package, not just the rear winglets

Yes I have continued in the programme, covering more than 7000 kms. Less in the past year due to my racing engagements

Ferrari call on a select group of racing drivers to work with the engineers in the development of the car, as they did with the FXX and 599 XX

The 599 XX laps Fiorano under 1'16" - no I don't have a 150XX time but it will be significantly faster - obviously

As to video cameras?? There is always a go pro!!

16. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr

I imagine Alonso or Marc Gene very implicated in the development of this new car...

17. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #142 kandi, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    We will see if they will mention current F1 drivers as important link in development process or some experienced veteran when it comes to testing cars.

This is one of the problems that Sergio is pissed about so much. They cant exploit F1 success anymore as proof of their track experience and racing supremacy, since they are far away from that in reality. Putting any plate in LaXX interior regarding F1 would be useless.

Yes, Ferrari develops great cars, but from marketing point of view it would be much better if they could advertise LaXX as direct derivate of winning F1 technology and product that was calibrated by successful F1 drivers.

19. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #144 kandi, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014

BTW, congrats on the 2014 Blancpain Endurance Series GT champions title.

I have seen that you had been driving both GT3 and GT2 458 Italias (WEC) for AFCorse team, including Le Mans 24hrs, Spa 24, etc. , so that was really busy and impressive season. If I could ask for my own curiosity, which car do you "like" more, GT3 or GT2, meaning Ferrari of course?

Now, talking about LaFerrari XX, - GT3 cars' implementations are "a bit" closer to road cars than GT2s are, so LaF-XX might fully contribute from GT3 research and development and also drivers' input, but not only, - I can think.

The F1 this year is a whole another story.

20. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Un pétard à mèche courte! J adore ça! :)

Il Cavalieri likes this.
  21. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    In English (according to Google translate): A short fuse firecracker! I love it!

Assuming Google has not let me down, I agree! Can't wait to see this special firecracker do its thing on the track!…T

Il Cavalieri likes this.
  22. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    I will never understand people who register on English-speaking forum and start posting in foreign language. That should be cool or what? Am I missing something LOL

23. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith

Oui!

SV

24. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    French is reputed as the language of love. Having spent my honeymoon in France, I can confirm it is true. :) And, F-chatters love Ferrari! So, IMHO keep the French coming! ...T

25. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012