The good news is, mid engine Ferrari's are safe (C8 Vette) | Page 9 | FerrariChat

The good news is, mid engine Ferrari's are safe (C8 Vette)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Fireman1291, Jul 9, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I went with the Blue with natural leather, and the L3 package. Yellow calipers and no spoiler.

2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Great car, great road car, great sporty daily driver, pity its so heavy, over 3500lbs wet.. One caveat, they say its 10% stiffer than the c7, and thats hardly a paragon of virtue.
    Still they have 10-20 years to hone the platform, and Im pretty sure they'll sell all they can make for the first 3 years.

3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I think that a great car at a great price like didn´t deserve such a bland generic look. There have been good looking Corvettes before, it´s not that they don´t know how to make it. I can imagine a GM executive telling the designers to not make it too much good looking: "people will say that if it´s affordable and it runs good and looks good, then there must be a problem anywhere". Hell, it makes the hybrid Honda NSX look like a Marcello Gandini masterpiece.

open roads likes this.
  4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I've decided I definitely want to have some Batman center caps made. Should I get the old yellow and black logo, or the newer throwing weapons in grayscale? :)

5. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I’ve owned many Corvettes over the years. For me here is the main problem with them: WOW cool Corvette, I gotta have one. 3 years later it’s worth less then half I paid for it, they are all over the place, and I find myself lusting for something else. Moving on with my F8 order....

BOKE, Oengus and Piper like this.
  6. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Yes that WILL happen. C8 is bound to do a little better at first but in 3 years they will be everywhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BOKE likes this.
  7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    FerrariF430boy, BOKE, Mbutner and 2 others like this.
  8. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Well, to be “fair” you have to factor in maintenance and repair costs which will be substantial on your 360 and will be virtually nonexistent for the C8, at least while it is in warranty.

9. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Regarding resale, same with the 488 (except Pista). Same will happen with the F8.

Jaguar36 and kane00 like this.
  10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Again, yes, there are some Ferrari owners that have Corvettes and will get the new one. Obviously. Nobody said that there are no Ferrari owners that will would ever buy a Corvette. But, as a general rule, they are different buyers. And, again, I think the new Corvette is very impressive and exciting. But, I'm a perfect example of what I'm talking about. When I ordered a be-spoke 488 GTB, getting a Corvette never even crossed my mind. Same for my buying my 89 328 GTB, my 99 355 FI Berlinetta or my 85 Countach QV. The Corvette wasn't even an option.

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Very true

12. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    2 out of 3 ain’t bad :)

13. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    <to be faaaaaaaaaair......>

I think it's interesting how many people don't like it simply because regular people can afford it so you will see a lot of them. The thing I have liked the least about owning any Ferrari is how ostentatious they are. Meanwhile, my GT350 looks (to 99%) like any other Mustang and is universally appreciated, which gives me more of what I want: a fun drive, under the radar.

14. andrewmr

andrewmr Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2005
    Bucks County, PA.
    Full Name:
    Michael

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

15. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    perhaps remove depreciation from your formula. It's possible that the F8 may lose the value of 2 $60k Corvettes in less than 3 years...depreciation is, unfortunately, an ugly part of virtually any new car 'experience'

16. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Learn how to read dates and use a forum.

I ate crow. Im buying the C8 Z06 as an addition. Move along.

dmundy likes this.
  17. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    And in 3 years the depreciation an F8 will be more than the C8 cost new. :( If you can afford an F8 a C8 is like beer money. Drink it in, have some fun, piss it out. :)

Boomhauer and Ellagirl like this.
  18. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Unfortunately I am afraid the F8 will depreciate the cost of 2 C8s in 2 years.

Mbutner likes this.
  19. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    LOL. Very true. Try putting 40k miles on any 250-300 k$ Ferrari. Then try to sell it. Good luck

Boomhauer and 808Forza like this.
  20. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Well,, that's "more than the C8 cost new" isn't it? ;)

21. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  22. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    not sure if C8 is heavier than 488 - apple to apple.
    we all know what Ferrari published but what is the actual wet weight of a 488.

dustman likes this.
  23. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    kes7u likes this.
  24. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It truly is all in the eyes of the beholder. I think the car looks amazing in the renderings, and from some viewpoints. These are not 2 of them.

Kevin

25. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I think it is a pretty car and their best design since the C5 which is timeless. What I am skeptical of is the price. If it is everything they advertise, then there is no way in hell it is going to be under 60 grand. And if it is to be sold at that price, the waiting list will be 4 years long LOL.