The Hockey Thread! | Page 12 | FerrariChat

The Hockey Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Forza-Italia, Mar 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Who sucks? - Yesterday it was the Can(s)ucks.....:)

2. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    I don't even want to tell you how much it costs for my company to own half of a Platinum Box (I am embarrassed actually)! That's right I have to share my box with Aviva (the insurance guys) because we can't even get our own box. We have been on a waiting list for 6 years now. Plus every time I go down the food and booze costs me anywhere from $1,200 to $1,600 bucks (we have 10 seats/tickets per game including Raptors, Leafs and Concerts). For those of you bad in Math that's about $120 - $150 per person, despite the hundreds of thousands we pay every year for the box.

3. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    I think these are the prices that are sold directly from them MLSE, there's a window of tickets open at the start of the year and after all the tickets sell out (which usually happens within hours) the people turn around and sell the tickets at a higher cost. Illegal? yep. Who's gonna stop it? No one...

!! go habs go!

My aunts company had a box as well, they were given the same 10 seats and shared the box with another company too...they ended up getting rid of it last year, the boss said that it wasn't worth it from the start and now its just ridiculous.

4. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    Problem is if you get rid of the box that you SHARE, you will never get the chance to get another one back! You get put on the regular waiting list which is 10 times as long!

5. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    I love the Habs, but you can attribute that loss to the brutal officiating. Halak had a great game, though.

6. sovereign

sovereign Karting

Aug 25, 2008
    Mississauga
    Full Name:
    Michael K
    what's your opinion about the 'no fighting' rule the media brings to light?

7. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I'm not so sure. Through my (beer)glasses the officiating looked ok.....:)

8. sovereign

sovereign Karting

Aug 25, 2008
    Mississauga
    Full Name:
    Michael K
    Any thoughts of Burke? and what he will do with this team toronto has?? deadline is in a few days, whos coming and going?

9. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    It doesn't matter who is there. The Leafs will never change. I'd be surprised if they do anything at all this year!

10. 575man

575man Karting

Aug 15, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    All I've heard so far is that the asking price for Antropov is a first round pick and Schenn is the only off limits player on the team.
    I expect to see the leafs make quite a few moves at the deadline.

Burke will probably be trying to unload Kaberle, Kubina, Pony, Blake, and Antropov especially.
    Kaberle has given Burke a list of 10 or so teams he's willing to waive his no-trade clause to go to, so there is a possibility of moving him.
    I'm not sure about Kubina's contract status, I think he has a no trade clause as well.

We'll see what happens, should be an interesting day for leaf fans.

11. sovereign

sovereign Karting

Aug 25, 2008
    Mississauga
    Full Name:
    Michael K
    Thank goodness.
    The only player who is giving a consisent performance is blake. I also don't think they would change the goaltending situation they have either. But I'm sure they SHOULD BE acquiring a few big name defensemen and a few forwards. Please get rid of antropov though, he HAS potential to play, he just never does. I also hope he doesn't grab an all young-team either.

12. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    i dont know what better way to say this but .... the leafs suck
    as much as i want to like them .. i just cant

13. sovereign

sovereign Karting

Aug 25, 2008
    Mississauga
    Full Name:
    Michael K
    Well, they need improvement.
    I just hope Burke pulls whatever his plan off is, in a year, not two or three.

14. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    +1
    as much as i hate the leafs at it is (Habs fan, always) the leafs just plain and simple they suck!
    every year is a rebuilding year, every year something new happen which will set them up for the next 2 to 3 years of building

i'd love to see the leafs actually make a decent playoff run, forget winning the cup, but just get into the playoffs into the 2nd maybe 3rd round even...for a team thats worth the most, "recession proof", and will always have repeat customers no matter what they do...they dont have anything to show for it

15. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas

16. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    The Habs arnt going far in the off season dont worry. I hope the leafs get rid of poni, antro, kabby, kubina, & a lot more euro players. No way we will move blake, contact is to big, & he is crap in the dressing room.

17. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Oh the leafs...winning...wow... This trade deadline should be a fun one!

18. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    It's dumb. You'll only increase more cheap shots and more injuries.

The NHL needs to get instigator penalty.

19. sovereign

sovereign Karting

Aug 25, 2008
    Mississauga
    Full Name:
    Michael K
    So, Moore and Antropov are gone so far. They've aquired Gerber and about 3 draft picks.

Not as much selling as some of us hoped.

20. 575man

575man Karting

Aug 15, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yeah it was a dissapointing deadline day. We also shut down Toskala for the rest of the season for surgery so we can get used to seeing gerber playing regularly for the remainder of this year

21. sovereign

sovereign Karting

Aug 25, 2008
    Mississauga
    Full Name:
    Michael K
    I'm not sure what the plan was... but I mean, anyone of us on FChat could pull more strings and shape up the leafs then that.....

22. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    Atleast we got some picks back, i was hoping poni would be gone. Now we can look forward to the draft & july 1st. Now we have gerber we should be able to drop to the bottom 5 i hope.

23. sovereign

sovereign Karting

Aug 25, 2008
    Mississauga
    Full Name:
    Michael K
    Well they will definitely be busy this summer. I agree, I wish poni would have been traded as well.

24. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Very dissapointing session for the leafs. Not much was accomplished at all. I'm angry that Moore was let go, he was a great 2nd line centre, he could have developed into a first liner if they kept him. The leafs have lots of cap space, why not give him what he wants? Moore actually likes to play fast and hard!

I guess this season is over as of now, not much point in watching anymore games considering they won't be in the playoffs, and no one being motivated because their contracts are secure for 09/10 anyways.

25. sovereign

sovereign Karting

Aug 25, 2008
    Mississauga
    Full Name:
    Michael K
    ^^ basically. What's that saying... Oh yeah, "theres always next year"