The Hockey Thread! | Page 13 | FerrariChat

The Hockey Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Forza-Italia, Mar 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    moore was a ufa, so we can still sign him, so we got a 2nd round pick for free. i heard he turned down just over 5mill for 3 years. Burke did what he could, we dont have that greater players other teams want. Its going to take a few years with decent #1 picks to build up. In a couple of years we'll get blake off the books, poni after next season. Burke will still try & trade them in the summer though.

2. peteskie

peteskie Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    Oakville ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Peter D
    Go HABS GO!!!!!!

3. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Amen.

I really hoped they would face Washington in the first round, but a Boston Montreal matchup is always epic and this year should be no different.

4. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    Go Canucks Go!

I hope we don't choke in the first round!

5. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    #305 LambogatiINC, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
    +1
    there maybe a great chance that MTL will be smoked by Boston, but their rivalry is always great to see...

Let's go Habs...

TSN's actually rated this the most anticipated match up of the playoffs in the first round!

6. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Not surprised. It's one of the biggest rivalries in sports, period. It's going to be a very physical series (if Thursday's game was any indication) and I just really hope the Habs don't retaliate and let their power-play do all the talking. Hopefully Price has a strong series as I really think his play is going to make all the difference.

Regarding the Canucks, they're my home team and I love them to death and I really think they have a great chance of going the distance this year. Their offense the last two games was rather disappointing, but for Luongo to close the season out with two shutouts is huge. Not to mention his play against Calgary was some of the best goaltending I've ever seen. I haven't been in Vancouver for a playoff run since 2003 so I can't wait to experience the madness again.

7. Vuongnguyen05

Vuongnguyen05 Karting

May 16, 2008
    I like Vancouver's chances of going the distance a lot, not because their my home team, but more so of the play of Luongo. A hot goalie can carry a team deep into the playoffs and Luongo is definitely hot right now. The ducks are another team that I would worry about as they are really well rounded except for the goaltender. Every team has a chance, but who ever gets hot will win and make it out of the first round. Go Canucks Go! Go Canucks Go! Go Canucks Go! Go Canucks Go! Go Canucks Go!

Prediction:

In the west, San Jose in 7, Detroit in 6, Vancouver in 6, and Calgary in 7.
    In the east, I think it will be Boston in 6, Washington in 5, Pittsburgh in 6 and Carolina in 7.

8. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    The Habs wont be that physical, maybe for one game, they arnt big or tough enough. Like to see calgary win out of the cdn teams then Van. No way i want burke signing those twins in the summer though. Dont think ive ever seen an emotion on one of those faces.

9. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    Damn, $300 a ticket to watch a playoff games...I think my couch & TV will do, I'm glad I got to see the last home game of the season.

10. Forza-Italia

Forza-Italia Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #310 Forza-Italia, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
    That's a bargain......a hot dog a beer and parking would have cost you that at the ACC center.....and that's just for a regular season game!!.....lol

11. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    Habs shoud be toast tonight

12. peteskie

peteskie Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    Oakville ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Peter D
    burnt toast

13. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
  14. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Again, I highly doubt the MLSE would ever let this happen.

15. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    The league needs it, as they need ontario to bail out the midgets mistakes. Being a member of the leaf nation, im kind of torn if i would like to see it or not. CBC must be prayng for the leafs to get into the playoffs again, they are bleeding $, now with the Habs gone, even less viewers in a big market.

16. Vuongnguyen05

Vuongnguyen05 Karting

May 16, 2008
    In the west it will be Detroit (2) vs. Anaheim (8) and Vancouver (3) vs. Chicago (4)

Predictions: Detroit in 7 and Vancouver in 6

In the East tomorrow: Carolina and Washington will both win in game 7
    Setting up Boston (1) vs. Carolina (6) and Pittsburgh (4) vs. Washington (2)

Predictions: Boston in 6 and Pittsburgh in 7

Go Canucks Go!

17. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    I hope ana get rid of the wings!

18. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I just wanna see Boston get creamed!!! :p

19. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    pens v caps should be fun. I hope!

20. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Me too

21. Vuongnguyen05

Vuongnguyen05 Karting

May 16, 2008
    Game 1 showdown against the Blackhawks tonight. I predict a 3-1 victory for the Canucks as they will be the more physical team. Anything can happen as injuries can change the outcome in a blink of an eye.

Get your towels and flags ready Vancouver! Go Canucks Go!

22. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    How many adult league hockey players do we have here? I like to go to different places and play and of course Canada is big on the list especially Montreal because its driving distance

23. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    I say nucks lose, because of the lay off, but win the series.

24. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Shaky 3rd period, but still pulled off the win. Wellwood has been having a great playoffs so far, and this game was no exception. What a stud.

25. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    Good 1st win