The Italian Job opening credits in a 412 (almost) | FerrariChat

The Italian Job opening credits in a 412 (almost)

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Britward, Sep 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Britward

Britward Karting

Sep 8, 2021
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob Ward
    To his great credit my 7 year old loves the opening credits to The Italian Job (the original!) with the Miura being driven up an Alpine pass:

So he was beside himself when I found this, which is basically the same thing with a 412!

The noise at 7:20! He changed up a little early, but judging by the number of times the car was at the side of the road earlier in the video so they could film the engine overheating I can't say I blame him.

12:35 onwards just sums up this car for me, a family of 4 blasting up through The Alps in their Ferrari...

I have some nice roads to play on here in California, but that's where the car belongs, alternating between wailing up an Alpine pass and being broken down beside it.

2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Love that road so much... Avoriaz / Col de la Bourgeoise (Rallye MontBlanc track), down to vallée du Giffre, then col de Chatillon, Chamonix Valley, Valorcine, Col de la Forclaz, French/Swiss Border, down to Martigny through the vineyards, then up again to Col du Grand St Bernard (Swiss Italian border). All those tunnels are so cool with the V12...

Maybe that performing the whole of it in a 2h time-frame was not such a good idea (cylinder head leaking like hell on the return).

3. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    That was a fun video. Thanks for sharing.