The Jaguar XJ220 Thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Jaguar XJ220 Thread

Discussion in 'British' started by SupercarGuru, Feb 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ian Moore

Ian Moore Rookie

Apr 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ian Moore
    In 1992/3 I worked for a property developer in Leeds UK called Evans of Leeds and the big boss Michael Evans ordered one of these in silver. We heard it was one of the first available in the UK. When it arrived it came to work as we had storage space, and everyone went outside to see it. I took loads of pictures but I only have one remaining I'm sure and that's in a box in the attic. I remember sitting in it, and helping washing it just so I could spend time near it. Such a huge stunning car.

Tenney likes this.
  2. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Don Law has retro fitted at least one XJ220 with a v12 but yes only one original car was built as a v12 by Jaguar and is on display in their museum.

3. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    As romantic as the notion of the V12 in the XJ 220 sounds , it was the right decision to go with smaller and lighter race proven V6 . I have an XJ220s and I find the car handles terrific and is a joy to drive . Retrofitting the XJ220 with a V12 would be a huge mistake , it would shift too much weight to the rear of the car and throw it totally out of balance

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. barryf43

barryf43 Karting

Oct 10, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Barry Fromberg
    I've been in love with these cars since they were launched in the early 1990's. Was lucky enough to find a car that checked all of my boxes at the 2017 RM auction in Monterey. I shipped it directly to Don Law for a major service. Also added the period correct BBS racing wheels, which look awesome on the car. Stock wheels are safely in storage. These cars are even more amazing to drive than they look.

John T, I don't know if you remember me, but you were a big help when I was researching the car. I hope that we can do business one day.

Barry

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

bmwracer and TexasF355F1 like this.
  5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Beautiful.

6. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Super hot

7. AIR4C 1

AIR4C 1 Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    I can say that these cars are extremely fun to drive, reliable and whoa are they fast!