The Journey | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Journey

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by bracketz, Apr 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Quilting was a regular option on the 550, but not on the option list for the 575M. Still available, but you had to ask for it or the dealer needed to know about it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

gstudent likes this.
  2. gstudent

gstudent Karting

Sep 12, 2006
    Westlake Village
    Full Name:
    Gene
    Taz, do you have that document for 575?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. pkl03

pkl03 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Just over 32,500km (20,000 miles) I use leatherique to maintain them.

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  4. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    @bracketz congrats again, love the story and absolutely love the car. It is the quintessential Maranello color combo and the modulars really suit it well. I find it interesting that so many people pass on needy 550s - many became so cheap that maintenance and condition simply weren't worth the investment and remain black sheep for the time being. People won't seek them out until they're worth lightly restoring.

Anthony and Tony at Scuderia Performante are indeed superlative. I'm lucky to have them in my back yard to sprinkle their magic on the cars! Very much looking forward to watching your story unfold along with @rhern213 @Ferrar55whoa @white out and the other new FChat owners who have been documenting their travels.

rhern213 likes this.
  5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  6. bracketz

bracketz Karting

Jul 19, 2019
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Michael
    @Qksilver For sure. Most of the cars that are seemingly parked in the market are held by sellers/dealers that think they feel an uptick in the prices. And they are priced with a disregard for their needs hoping for an eager buyer. Needy market cars can be found with asking prices commensurate with sorted ones making due diligence even more important. I was swayed by some but only turned off when top dollar was demanded without regards to the immediate costs/needs.
    And the pic below is a nod to one of your shots that stood as inspirational wallpaper for months during my search.
    Your rossa car is stunning (well they both are actually I'm just partial to the red one.) :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

Qksilver and motts like this.
  7. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @Qksilver I'm going to send you a quick PM

8. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    @bracketz Congratulations! Awesome read to hear about your chase. Your car looks fantastic and that Bordeaux interior is stunning. Just from those few pictures you can tell all the lines are perfectly even and was very well taken care of.

I unfortunately don't have such a cool story of chasing my car down. I had been looking for about 3-4 months prior, although admittedly the first month was just spent convincing my wife why this was better than having an extra $100k in a savings account.
    In that time I only came across 1 other car I was very close to bidding on BAT that was RC/beige, but the one I ended up getting was for sale at the same time elsewhere and ultimately really had my heart set on the TDF spec. Being my first Ferrari I did spend several months on here prior doing my research and figuring out general details of what I was getting into which has been immense help. I finally got everything mechanically sorted last week, just needed a full refresh of fluids and I'm good to start enjoying the clickety-clack to it's full potential.

As @Qksilver mentioned above, it's going to be real fun following along all the new owners that just came in the last couple of months and sharing our experiences. Look forward to your posts!

Qksilver likes this.
  9. bracketz

bracketz Karting

Jul 19, 2019
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Michael
    @rhern213 Thanks so much and have enjoyed reading your epic new owner thread. Beautiful car and colors. And nice work on getting all of the interior "re-sorted" after what was some major work removing kickpanels and CIA tracking devices.
    We've got a good little new owner crew going here......
    IG - holycity550

rhern213 likes this.
  10. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I tried to get the moderators to change my handle here to match the new instagram..... my IG is Ferrari55whoa hopefully Jack or others will tweak my F-chat handle to match and add the "i" to ferrari

11. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    #36 rhern213, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    I'll be following your IG

Thanks for checking out my thread, now you all are peer pressuring me into making an IG for mine. :D

12. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My favorite ferrari IG is @niftyfivefifty

13. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    yup, I think he's what all our would-be IG pages aspire to be.

niftyfivefifty likes this.
  14. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #39 Ferrari55whoa, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    I'm going to try and get some "beauty shots" like @niftyfivefifty does once I get mine back from the PPI-fixes. I dropped it off a week ago but my local guy is so swamped who knows how long it will take....plus my guy is using subcontractors to do the paint work and another different one to fix the wheels and maybe a third to address the seat bolster.

There is so much great beauty with the ocean and redwoods right around where I live I hope to get some good photos to share this summer.

@SteveVT and @Maranello993 can you guys remind me have you guys set up IG's for your cars?

rhern213, F456M and niftyfivefifty like this.
  15. SteveVT

SteveVT Karting

Nov 30, 2019
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    Steve
    @Ferrar55whoa - I'm not on IG, but looking forward to seeing pics on F-chat when you can share!

From my side I got a bit of frustrating news this week. My mechanic had a water main break that flooded out two of their garage bays. The good news is no cars were damaged. The bad news is they are even more backed up so I have to sit tight for several more weeks.

rhern213 likes this.
  16. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    I ended up starting an IG - @thatblue550

I'm jealous I love the PacNW. If I didn't have most of my family ties in Miami I would be packing my wife and kids and moving over there. So much beauty in every corner, and although I think the California PCH is prettier to look at because of the ocean I actually prefer the driving roads farther north. Looking forward to those photos!

F456M likes this.
  17. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    I've read several bad garage stories lately like that, a big relief to hear nothing happened to the cars. Knowing it's safe takes away some of the annoyance of waiting a bit extra.

SteveVT likes this.
  18. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Someone got quilting added to the transmission tunnel.

I think it is a gray color. Really kewl.

Late 50's/Early 60's look.

F456M likes this.
  19. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
  20. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Quilted headliner was also optional on the 550.

21. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I know, but I don’t want too much of it. The leather of my headliner is 110% perfect, so I don’t want to mess with it. Only if I can get a sunroof!! :)