The KIMI SUCKS Thread | Page 53 | FerrariChat

The KIMI SUCKS Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Neonzapper, Jun 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eb110

Eb110 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 5, 2016
    If Ferrari start using Kimi to hinder Hamilton I feel merc will start doing the same with bottas. Much better for the fans IMO when the drivers all fight for themselves

2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    #1302 tifoso2728, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And what McLaren did with Coulthard for Hakkinen AGAINST Schumacher...But for some reason this is never mentioned here...It is only how Michael got 7 WDC because his team mates always let him pass and blocked the other drivers ;)

daytona355 likes this.
  4. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    The biggest edge that Ferrari gives Seb over Kimi is a car that suits his style more than Kimi's.

daytona355 likes this.
  5. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

It will not be Carlos, or any other Driver, as Christian Horner is adamant that they are going nowhere.

APRIL 19, 2017

Red Bull not letting Sainz go says Horner

Christian Horner says Red Bull does not intend to release Carlos Sainz from his contract.

Last year, the impressive Toro Rosso driver was linked with a move to Renault, but Red Bull elected to keep him at the junior team and as a 'reserve' for the main outfit Red Bull Racing.

"Carlos has a contract with Red Bull, who brought him into F1 and he's there for the investment they made.

"So at the moment we do not intend to release any of our drivers," Horner, the Red Bull team boss, told the Spanish broadcaster Movistar.

"Carlos is developing and the Toro Rosso is a good car that should give him good opportunities. He's still very young but we value him a lot and that's why we don't want to get rid of him," he added.

Horner was also asked about rumours linking Daniel Ricciardo with Ferrari for 2018, but the Briton insisted: "There are always rumours in Italy."

6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  7. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Bump

So it's 2018 and so far from what I'm seeing, Kimi does'nt suck UNLESS the car sucks over the long haul. In fact Kimi for 2018 is right there with Vettel.

What does suck for Kimi 2018 is what is going on in the pits.

1.) Melbourne - Pit wall makes a bad call on pit/tyre strategy and brings Kimi out with traffic. KImi is not happy. 3rd place finish
    2.) Bahrain - somewhat slow launch at the start but an "unfortunate" pit mishap and Kimi has to retire the car. You can tell Kimi's frustration the way he throws the steering wheel into the cockpit of the car not realizing a pit crew member is down....."stop stop stop" and Ferrari gets fined 50k Euro's.
    3.) China - an excessive Vettel "Schumi" chop and the pits leave Kimi out during the SC instead of pitting so to block Bottas, after which the race seemed to go downhill for Kimi....nonetheless another 3rd place finish.

stavura, NEP, Ferrari 308 GTB and 5 others like this.
  8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Vettel's chop really pissed me off. Both team and team mate are screwing Kimi.

9. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I totally get Vettels chop.....but that was just too excessive.

tifoso2728 likes this.
  10. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    Karma showed it's head
    The chop was excessive
    The slow down block from a nice lead must have stung
    a performance worthy of barichello
    And still a podium

11. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    He was on much newer tires than Bottas and still did not make a credible attempt at a pass over the last 10 laps. He can drive fast but he is no longer a racer.

12. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I'm afraid I must agree with this assessment. This is his last year in F1.

13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’m not so sure, that Mercedes is a quick car in clean air, and Kimi is sensible enough to know a strong third is better than a crash for second that may or may not come off. As ferrari are happy to throw him under the bus, he may have been playing it cool because he didn’t want the flack if it went wrong, imagine the furore if he threw away third after such a crap race for ferrari all around

Ferrari 308 GTB and Ryan... like this.
  14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Ferrari need to remind themselves that they are a TEAM in contention of TWO championships, the WDC and the WCC. Arguably the contract terms / mindset that Schmacher, although I love Scumacher, established in the the team is now unnecessarily become some sort of stupid standard that if the favorite driver doesn't win then Ferrari doesn't need to win the race. That's NOT CORRECT. THEY NEED TO WIN WITH EITHER DRIVER.

15. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If Max had not had a penalty Kimi would not have been on the podium.

16. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    Correct. And if the team hadn’t left Kimi out to rot in an attempt to prop up seb, he could have possibly placed even higher. Considering Kimi was the lamb out for slaughter, I’m extremely happy for his well deserved podium

17. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    #1317 Tifosi Ferrari, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    I think Ferrari should apologize to Kimi, get their heads unstuck, and do better in the next race. No more stupid mistakes like these please. The title looks rocky already with the things are going om they need to be way more careful. Their qualifying pace is near the best if not the best with the car showing immense pace in both race and Quailfying meaning it clearly shows that is the best car. Ferrari just need to stop obviously need to favor driver or doing stupid mistakes. They need to stop favor one driver until halfway or until one of the drivers is way head of the other that it will become easily to get him the WDC so favor driver should be pushed until then they should concentrate on getting both drivers to perform at their best. The rate they are they can forget about both if the trend continues.

daytona355 likes this.
  18. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Could someone tell me the last time Kimi made a pass (of someone in P1-4)?

19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Vettel very nearly did a 'Singapore' ,he was lucky Kimi had the sense to back out a bit ,after almost being put into the wall.

He is being screwed left right and center, the Stormy Daniels of F1!

Anyhow he deserved his podium ,he will stand on that top step again soon.

20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If they had thought about pitting him with the Bulls, he could have won with the car he has under him. He returned third after being thoroughly screwed by his own team (again) and saved our blushes. Without him there, our strategy was a total failure with Seb in 8th

Two things need doing - 1, ferrari need to wake up and use Kimi positively, not negatively. They’ve forgotten how the schumi show worked. He always had a back up man, it that man was never ****ed on lap one and then at every step of the race, he was part of the show and 2- verstappen needs the threat of race suspension over his head to calm the stupid out of his driving

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  21. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    The problem with Ferrari is Ferrari management. They botched Seb's pit stop which allowed Bottas to get in front of him. And they have been unable to motivate Kimi to earn his pay checks. Why waste money on a talented old man who is only willing to drive at that level. There are younger and hungrier and better drivers than Kimi out there. Rossi at the Long Beach GP today. Ricardo, Sainz, Ocon, all should be talking to Ferrari right now...especially Ricardo. Kimi should be retired and replaced within the next 2 to 3 races. And if that doesn't motivate Seb to be less of a Diva, then he can find a new job as well. If the car is strong and fast, and the team has its act together, a combination of Rossi and Ricardo could be the best team on the track.

Maybe Hamilton and Kimi could open a restaurant in SoHo.

22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Having two number one drivers won’t work, it didn’t work for Mercedes properly, they are just lucky their car was half a second quicker at every track, so they could hardly fail to win with one or the other, but two drivers fighting within the team is no good. Ferrari are right to have their main man, and a rear gunner. However, the rear gunner has to have ammo to be effective, Kimi is less floundering with an empty magazine and nothing to fight with.... how can ferrari not see that a strong second driver, that may sometimes be in the lead, is a great thing. Motivated, valued, Kimi will drive better and win the races Seb screws, and vice versa. They can manipulate results way far more subtly than they do at the moment, where even my 22 month old daughter can call their strategy ****.

furoni likes this.
  23. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Kimi was in fifth at the restart, behind Max, and would likely have been behind Rici if he had stopped. No way Kimi would have passed Max (or Rici), IMO. If you could answer my query in post #1318 I might change my mind though.;)

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If I had no life, I’m pretty sure I could find one pretty recently, but it’s irrelevant really, the difference is, Kimi is used as a blocker or a backup plan, NEVER as a go get em driver, different to bottas for instance. Mercedes have it right there, they use bottas when Elton is having a bad day, and then switch if they are close together to give a result to Elton. Ferrari simply put everything into Vettel, and leave Kimi driving around knowingly on a strategy they decide depending on what happens to Vettel. Difficult for him to do anything with that. However, if Kimi has switched tyres, he’d have passed ricci in the pits, as he’d be serviced just after max and before ricci, and then had fresh tyres to fight with and the fastest car of the three. Until it happens, we won’t know who would pass who, but I think Kimi in get em mode in a faster car wouldn’t be easy to pass by anyone, although max would likely just punt him off

25. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    How did you work that out? Kimi was in front of him after the wonder kid blew his pass on Vettel and span himself around, he followed Ricciardo through