The KIMI SUCKS Thread | Page 54 | FerrariChat

The KIMI SUCKS Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Neonzapper, Jun 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Answered

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Jakuzzi likes this.
  2. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Max knew he had a penalty, so I don't think he pushed to pass Kimi at the end. No penalty and Max would have continued to be himself.

3. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Surmise, but not fact, and very doubtful. Unless he wanted another crash, he didn’t dare.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  4. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime

5. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    So you're saying that if Max did not have a penalty he would have been satisfied with finishing 4th? lol

6. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Yeah...playing bumper cars with another Ferrari would not go over well for him.

daytona355 likes this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    It's all Gasly's fault!:eek:

daytona355 and jcurry like this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Max wouldn’t have needed to if he hadn’t been an impetuous ****, he would have likely won the race with ricci second. However, he didn’t, he typically smashed his way into Vettel and destroyed both their races

If you had Kimi and max on the same tyres at that point in the race, max would not have passed Kimi as he hadn’t the speed in the car without Kimi having to slow down earlier for grip issues from older tyres.

Bas likes this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    There's only so much you can do on old ****ed tyres. ****, there's only so much you can do when your teammate squeezes you...it's either have a crash with him or back off and lose places. Kimi couldn't take Verstappen/Bottas, but neither could Vettel on newer tyres. After Kimi backed Bottas into Vettel only then Vettel came close enough and didn't do anything. After the SC he fell back, same way Kimi did in the earlier stages of the race.

It's obvious to anyone that knows what they're talking about that Ferrari is sacrificing Kimi's race(s) in a bid to help Vettel every way they can.

On qualifying there's nothing in it; the difference between the two is 0.073 this season; Kimi outqualified him once. Race pace Vettel is a bit stronger, and there's a number of reasons for that: I do believe in the race he's a stronger driver even if everything was equal, but he is a 4x wdc for that very reason and also the reason he gets backed by Ferrari for the next championship. Looking at the pay difference between the two...Vettel clearly gets by far the better treatment in the race. Far better pit strategy. Kimi has to beg and scream for a ****ing pitstop and the team just lets him sit there losing seconds a lap on ruined tyres.

Kimi gets unfairly vilified here. Yes his season against Alonso can be best described as poor at least. He's been playing 2nd fiddle to Vettel a long time now, and I don't understand how anyone can not see this clearly happening. Anyone with an ounce of strategic insight sees exactly what happens. I have no problem with Ferrari backing Vettel for the championship but calling for Kimi to be fired within a few races is just poor insight. What are they going to do? Put Ricciardo in the car? Have Vettel and Ricciardo fighting each other each step of the way, taking points of each other and let a Mercedes win the title again? What good does that do? Bottas won't achieve anything more than Kimi does. So there's no upgrade. Verstappen we'll have the same issue as Ricciardo, just the risk of Ferrari's stranded next to each other on the race track and 2 men in red suits fighting each other is much greater. Leclerc clearly needs more time. Ocon too hungry. Perez, Hulk...not any quicker so again what is the upgrade with them vs Kimi?

Kimi and Vettel get along great, Kimi does as he's told (even play mobile chicane for a wounded Vettel in Hungary last year, when the win was there for the taking but the WDC would get hurt significantly as Vettel couldn't defend against Hamilton in that wounded car), he's very popular (outside of Fchat it seems), so his hat sales alone pay for his salary.

10. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Don't disagree with this, but that is not the same IF condition that I was speaking of.:D

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Agreed on all but to the fairness in the first race when Kimi was in front he got what was the better strategy at the time giving him the first choice to pit. It was only the safety car that made Sebs strategy look better at the end. If the safety car would have not come Seb would have wasted time nursing the tyres for a later first pit stop.

Isobel, NEP, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  13. ferrariformulauno

ferrariformulauno Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2008
    33km from Maranello
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Italian media takes issue with Ferrari's treatment of Raikkonen

The Italian press has gone on the offensive against Ferrari, slamming the Scuderia for treating Kimi Raikkonen as a blatant number two driver.

For veteran journalist Pino Allievi from La Gazzetta dello Sport, Raikkonen, who is performing better this year behind the wheel of the team's new SF71-H, is a mere pawn in Ferrari's game to protect and favour Sebastian Vettel

"With the pitstop, Ferrari 'used' Raikkonen to slow down Bottas and promote Vettel," he wrote, referring to the Sucderia's Chinese Grand Prix flagrant race strategy and tactics.

"For years we've criticised Raikkonen, but at the beginning of 2018, he is showing a different spirit and making us remember the champion. Ferrari should have noticed this too," Allievi wrote.

Instead, Kimi is penalised through strategy and considered by the team as a mere support for Vettel.

"It's a mistake that can only affect the morale and the performance of the driver," he concluded.

Allievi's distinguished colleague Andrea Cremonesi warns the inner-team antics could soon adversely impact the Scuderia's balance.

"With Raikkonen treated as such, I wonder how long the Ferrari team can remain in harmony."

The Finn himself, while not looking particularly ecstatic on the podium last Sunday, is unsurprisingly mum on the subject.

"I don't know," he said when asked about his race strategy. "I think the race was ok."

Isobel, stavura, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  14. ferrariformulauno

ferrariformulauno Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2008
    33km from Maranello
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Why Kimi Raikkonen is Ferrari's real F1 2018 benchmark

Sebastian Vettel has won two of the first three races of the Formula 1 season, but his team-mate Kimi Raikkonen is the real benchmark of Ferrari's strength at the start of 2018.

As a four-time world champion who is younger and has considerably better recent form, it is no surprise to see Vettel being an opportunist on Mercedes' bad days and the benchmark on Ferrari's good ones.

However, Raikkonen's rise from distant number two to consistent frontrunner at the start of this year is much more at odds with his recent history.

He has been competitive from the start of each grand prix weekend this year and is closer to Vettel by every measure.

Raikkonen's qualifying deficit to Vettel over the first three races is 0.073s - that compares to 0.391s over the same three races last year, and 0.276s over the course of the entire 2017 season.

It's the most competitive Raikkonen has looked over one lap since the final third of 2016, when Vettel looked more and more jaded as Ferrari's anticipated title challenge that year failed to materialise.

If you compare the average supertime (that's the fastest single lap over a weekend expressed as a percentage) from the first three races this year to last year, it's similarly good news: Raikkonen was at 100.81% to benchmark Lewis Hamilton's 100.01% and Vettel's 100.355% last year, but closes to 100.359%, with Vettel in front at 100.277% and Hamilton on 100.312% in 2018.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The car's compliancy appears to be the catalyst. Raikkonen has often displayed an inability to adapt to a car that does not suit his style.

He appears immediately comfortable with the Ferrari SF71H, which has retained its predecessor's consistency and is giving its drivers good feel and a stable front end in different conditions.

Raikkonen clearly did not get on top of the 2017 Ferrari as quickly as Vettel but his form did improve throughout the season. Ferrari's refinements mean Raikkonen is quicker out of the starting blocks this year.

Factors outside his control - the safety car in Australia, a botched pitstop in Bahrain and Ferrari's awful strategy in China - have cost him the results his form has deserved, but there is something missing in him too.

Raikkonen failed to realise his strong practice form in Bahrain and from the Chinese GP weekend he must shoulder at least some blame for being overhauled by Vettel in qualifying.

Then, after a good start, he was arguably too timid challenging Vettel into Turn 1 at the start.

With this car, though, Raikkonen already looks a bigger asset to his team and F1 than he has been for some time.

15. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I totally agree. Kimi should not be treated as a number two driver.

He’s way worse than that.

16. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    You should be banned for bagging a Ferrari driver, putting shields on your car and having red carpet :p

17. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What the hell are you doing here?

Oh dear. This won’t end well...

PS. What do you think of Seb?

18. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  19. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Kimi started 6th and finished 2nd. Good on him.

20. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good drive by Kimi, even if all he actually did was keep his nose clean.

jcurry likes this.
  21. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    He's the best #2 driver Ferrari can get at the moment. Anyone else would either not be as quick/reliable or demand to be treated like an equal to Vettel and destroy team morale.

NEP likes this.
  22. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well yes, he kept his nose clean after most decidedly NOT keeping his nose clean, forcing him into a position where he had to. No action from the stewards because he compromised his own race, but I can’t give him a complete pass on that move, to be fair.

23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I can....he was alongside Ocon well before the braking zone....rules say that in such a situation at least 1 cars width should be given. Ocon decided to ignore that and figured Kimi would simply disappear into clean air. 100% Ocon at fault.

NEP, stavura, moretti and 2 others like this.
  24. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't have to say anything about Vettel, like Max he showed his hand by being petulant

You know , early on I disliked Vettel, then I really hated him when he and Webber raced as "team mates" :rolleyes:

Then he moved to Ferrari and a lot here thought this was the second coming of MS o_O

He is hot headed and loses it either in his driving or attitude

I'd put Dan and Hartley in the Ferraris :)

A bit of Antipodean control of the Scuderia would do the team a world of good :D

25. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Kimi did a Stroll :p