The Latest Corvette Blue Devil/SS/Stingray Pics | Page 4 | FerrariChat

The Latest Corvette Blue Devil/SS/Stingray Pics

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by TheBigEasy, Feb 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    And where can you get it done? Those seats look GREAT Chase, any way you could post more pics of just the seats?

2. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I disagree with that statement,

There's the Noble GT1 and the Ultima GTR which both are not only more than capable of dominating the vette (even the z06) at the track but even the 1/4mile, qualitly and designer styling. The Ultima will be almost anything at any track meet depending on what you use engine wise but the good thing about it is whatever the Corvette is powered by it could easly be atapted in the Ultima's drive tran. Best part is they both can be built at a cheaper price than a new C6 Z06 off the showroom floor. The problem they are kitcars.

Now in terms of production cars I couldn't agree more the vette is probably best bang for the buck deal, hell ill even go as far to say it will make a great of a tunercar with an extra 10k invested in a supercharger.

3. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I just found those pics on another site, so I don't have any more info or pics, but I agree it looks great and Vette's should come from the factory looking more like this.

HAHA at the radio console looking like a rental car, my thoughts exactly.

4. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    FYI: I am getting this info from the Corvette Forum that I also read often.
    Those guys are VERY excited about this car coming out, as am I. :)

One of the guys on there "apperently" works for GM, and has shared this info:
    Discuss :)

5. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    IMHO, a $150k Corvette is about as marketable as Rosie O'Donnell in a bikini. A few may bite on the notion, but the rest of the world will shake its collective head and say "why?"

6. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Maybe not to us... but there is a market out there. Look how many people bought that Ford GT thing. I think if it is a limited production, they will sell them all with no problem.

7. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    From what I've heard that Ford GT thing is one hell of a car..

8. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Yes, and this "Vette" will be as well. :)

9. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That Ford GT thing was also an entirely unique car. Ford didn't make it out of an ultra-Mustang.

10. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

They will sell over MSRP, every single car they build, the first few years of production. The concept, is not much different than what is offered with the Ford GT. True that car is a different design. I would assume the General has learned from the mistakes of the ZR-1 program, and will put significant design changes, to differentiate the Super Vette.

Remember in 1990, the ZR-1 was selling for 30K+ over list. The only cosmetic difference for the most part, was the subtle rear flare, rear bumper, wide tires, and rims.

I would be surprised, to see such a broad hi-end Corvette program. If in fact it does happen, GM should subcontract the interior design and installation, to an outside firm. - This is what they did with the Callaway TT Corvette option.

11. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Kit cars basically....and the Noble passes no crash tests. No thanks....I'LL TAKE A ZO6.

12. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I don't know how much of a "bite" Corvette put on the supercar market - people are still queuing up for F430s and Gallardos, and every two-seater Ferrari in recent memory has been sold at heavy premiums when introduced. Corvettes come with rebates and special incentive financing.

Price independent, 100 out of 100 people would take a 360 over a Corvette.

If you want to know why Corvette has become the "wrong name on the hood", check out all the cheap crap GM hasn't bothered to upgrade while it crams more useless horsepower under that hood.

13. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1

GM is delusional about the value of its nameplates.

14. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I think you'd be surprised.

15. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I would be curious. This would be a fascinating study to conduct if it could be done with any kind of realism.

Might be a "win one month with a dream car" contest where we ask 100 people to check either the Ferrari 360 box or Chevy Corvette box on the entry form.

What do you think the final numbers would be?

16. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    You think the Z06 is any better? Haha!

Comparing safety when that's the only area the Noble isn't more appealing in won't sway any decisions over which toy car to buy.

If safety is important to you, what do you drive?

Sunny

17. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Basic safety and NOT passing ANY crash tests are two different things.
    The Noble is a kit car, it's even classified as one in the States. I'd take a ZO6 that can be daily driven, taken to the dealership, and passes crash tests.

Not to mention that the Noble has Ford Taurus engine....

18. Mike J

Mike J Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Ship Bottom, NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael
    We have a Z06 and have no desire to own a 360 at any price point. The 360 (and 430) are obviously wonderful cars, but they don't look like a Ferrari should to my eyes. I am much more excited when seeing a 308/328/355 on the road versus a 360/430. On the other hand, I think the Z06 looks wonderful and just a tad menacing in Z06 guise. I am sure there are a few others who think like I do, but I am certain I fall into the minority.

Sign us up for a Boxer, however.

19. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    First, I must say that I really don't believe GM has a $150k Vette in the works, but the rest of this will be based on the assumption that they do. I'm not entirely sure that GM has learned from the mistakes of the ZR-1. GM has enjoyed tremendous success with the C6 Z06 and may use this success to push the Corvette nameplate up into the next league of sports cars. The problem is that every Corvette, from the base model to the Z, looks nearly identical to the general public. This held true when the ZR-1 was out and it holds true today. GM might be able to change a few body panels a bit, but certainly can't justify the cost of retooling an entire new body for a halo car. I have absolutely no doubt that a $150k Vette would offer amazing performance, but when you're competing in this market segment performance alone is not enough to sell these cars.

I do remember the ZR-1. I'll bet many of the original buyers of the ZR-1 remember the bath they took on those cars too!

20. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
  21. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells

I've seen the XLR with the blower around milford. It didn't impress me much. It was deffinately a mule though.

22. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I wouldn't put much stock in any of that. Since when has Cadillac been about hard-core sports cars? Never!

The guy claims that the new SS will be a supercharged version of the 7.0 in the Z, but everything I've seen says that it will be a supercharged 6.2. Seems like rampant speculation and wishful thinking rather than facts. It would also appear that the majority of people on that forum disagree with the OP anyway.

23. heckler40

heckler40 Karting

Apr 18, 2006
    IL
    Full Name:
    Tony
    They don't. I mean...this team: http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/spotlight/teamcadillac/index.jsp is a group of 5 year olds that meet on Saturday to race tricycles!

Also, as explained 10 millions times before with just about every car ever produced from any manufacturer, there are always guesses because there is either NO info or very little released.

If you would like to do some research, you will find where top management already gave some hints regarding this car. Some people take those hints and then do the math and present their idea...

24. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I never said Cadillac didn't race. I said that a hard-core sports car doesn't fit in the Cadillac lineup. You can put whatever sarcastic spin you want on that, it doesn't change the fact.

No kidding? This guess just doesn't follow logic.

I've done enough research to know that this story doesn't make sense.

25. heckler40

heckler40 Karting

Apr 18, 2006
    IL
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I'm confused....what doesn't make sense or follow logic? 600+hp, 3000lbs, $100k+?