The Lewis "Elton" Hamilton Sucks Thread | Page 80 | FerrariChat

The Lewis "Elton" Hamilton Sucks Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by nsxrebel, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    I don't but neither is that a reputable source nor do they cite any reputable source. Likely some distant gossip boiled up.

Bas likes this.
  2. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Well Vettle and Lewis are the two best drivers at the moment. Bottas and Kimi are back there with Baricello and Massa. Ricardo and Verstrappen are falling back with Perez and Hulkenberg with too many years of close but no cigar. Sainz and Ocon quickly need to show that they are better than their cars. The Torro Rosso boys have their chance to shine and need to grab it right away. The Haas drivers need show they are as good as their cars. The entire Sauber and Williams teams need to go back to F2. And McLaren needs to retire the drivers and put the team up for sale or merge with Renault.

3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    daytona355 and Bas like this.
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    daytona355 and Bas like this.
  5. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
  6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ok guys ...i'll go back to the Grid Girls !:D

daytona355 and stavura like this.
  7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Kimi is no Massa or Barricello. He is a world champion who is out qualifying his fellow world champion teammate. It can be hard for some of us to come to terms with the fact that he has a role to play in the Ferrari team and it isn't to be the next world champ. It's to facilitate Vettel winning the championship.

stavura, NEP, tifoso2728 and 2 others like this.
  8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Who showed yesterday that he is the better driver....One can get the impression lately here in the forum that Kimi has to step back all the time to let a slower Seb past...

Fact is: Ferrari is not good enough compared to Mercedes that they can afford their drivers to take points from each other so they need to concentrate on their main driver and Kimi has to accept his rule. He knows the other side of the medal as Massa had to step back for his WDC in 2007.
    Not long ago people here asked whether he is still worth a F1 cockpit and now all of the sudden he is the poor guy who is treated by Ferrari as a no.2

daytona355 likes this.
  9. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM

"Kimi . . . has a role to play in the Ferrari team and it isn't to be the next world champ. It's to facilitate Vettel winning the championship."

There should be no shame in this.

daytona355 likes this.
  10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Uh, Kimi didn't get to really race against Seb so not sure what you're getting at. Seb certainly is the better driver at this point. If they both at their prime raced one another I'm not sure who would win. Kimi was cheated out of at least one championship from his fragile McLaren.

Not from my posts, so again not sure what you're getting at.

Yes.

I didn't ask that question and haven't said the latter.

Not sure who you're arguing with. Maybe you replied to the wrong person.

I don't believe there is. I didn't say it and do not feel it. They make a fantastic team.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I hear you brother ..some just like to pick 'memories' out of thin air..

crinoid likes this.
  12. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Kimi's job is to drive faster than he is driving. Lot's of Ferrari #2s have driven as well or better. If the race had finished Ferrari, Ferrari, Mercedes....and if Kimi had to slow to keep Vettle in front, that would be one thing. But that isn't how it went or is going. His "theatre" of playing the ice man rings hollow...he has run out of passion and a desire to win. Instead of 110%, Kimi gives just 99%.

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    He was doing ok in Melbourne ...i think it was Vettel who was the laggard there.

ATBNM3, daytona355 and crinoid like this.
  14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    The dawn will take you all.

15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Seb did something I doubt Kimi would be able to do at this point....Being a good driver is more than just being "fast" nowadays.
    And it does not matter who was better in his prime, they are in a team right now and not the Kimi from 13 years ago!
    I do not know how you get the impression that I explicitely meant you when I am talking about "the forum"...
    Note to myself: when quoting someone and going on from this point I should clearly mark the rest of the text "not to the quote above" as obviously people tent to take everything written in personal, "the forum" and "people here" does not seem to be obvious enough ;)
    When you read the posts "of some people" (not you maybe) in the last year the most used argument was that Kimi is past his prime and takes away the seat of younger drivers like Leclerc, then all of the sudden people say how he is screwed over by the strategists at Ferrari because normally he would win over Vettel...but this is rarely true. He might be faster in qualy from time to time but even Bottas is faster than Lewis sometimes and that does not make him the better driver...
    Maybe this is because "some" have memories and do not forget what they wrote last week or last year....;)

daytona355 likes this.
  16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Maybe this is because "some" have memories and do not forget what they wrote last week or last year....;)

Maybe , perhaps the memories get kind of mixed up with imagination at times too.;)

17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Talking by experience ? ;)

18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Touche;)

19. jdmwerks

jdmwerks Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    haha OK.

20. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    It is true that if/when Kimi is faster than Seb they strategize a win away from him and to Seb. That's a fact.

21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Yes, they do...just as they did with Massa for Kimi to get the WDC...
    The only question is how often did this actually happen? How often is Kimi really faster consistingly in the race?

daytona355 likes this.
  22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I'm not sure that it's clear yet however I'm not sure it matters. Lol

23. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Hamilton and Mercedes in crisis says Villeneuve

APRIL 17, 2018

Lewis Hamilton is "in crisis".

That is the alarming claim of outspoken 1997 world champion Jacques Villeneuve.

He was speaking after China, where Hamilton and Mercedes' quest for a win in 2018 fell flat for a third consecutive race.

"Hamilton is in crisis and is losing points for the championship," Villeneuve told Sky Italia.

"But I think all of Mercedes is in crisis. Now they must bet on Bottas, who is not a championship driver.

"After the impressive qualifying in Melbourne, Lewis is no longer able to drive the car. It's very troubling.

"We saw last year that when he's in crisis he loses a lot, falls behind in the races and falls asleep, is not aggressive. We'll have to see when and if he wakes up," Villeneuve added.

The French Canadian also urged Red Bull to promptly re-sign Daniel Ricciardo for 2019.

"Red Bull without Ricciardo would not be a force," he said, "but with Ricciardo it is dangerous.

"He's fighting for the world championship as Ferrari was two years ago, with everything needing to be fine with him and bad for the others," Villeneuve added.

daytona355 likes this.
  24. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    HAM has 4 titles, and as much as I am not a fan of his, have to admit he is a good driver when he's in the best car. To match Alonso as a rookie was impressive, but I also agree with Jacques for a change that HAM sometimes doesn't seem motivated and complains. After last year's talk about wanting to battle and have close fights with other teams, he should be jumping up and down for joy because he got what he said he wanted...three teams fighting it out in China.