The men responsible the most for Ferrari’s last 2 years’ resurgence? | FerrariChat

The men responsible the most for Ferrari’s last 2 years’ resurgence?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, Apr 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

The men responsible the most for Ferrari’s last 2 years’ resurgence?

1. Arrivabene

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Binotto

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. Marchionne

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. Raikkonen

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. Vettel

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  6. Other (please specify)

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I like a poll! multiple choice

2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Rory Byrne I believe is the most responsible. He aided in developing the SF70-H (which to me was a car suited for all tracks and was dialed in....minus the reliability problems) then that car evolved to what we have currently (5 inches longer than the previous model) and is currently working on the project 670 or the 2019 car.

thats my 2 cents Igor.

Makuono, 635CSI and Tifosi Ferrari like this.
  3. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    #3 Tifosi Ferrari, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Did Rory create of any of the other f1 ferrari cars? (Minus the 1996-1999 cars) I understand that the early F2000s were easily best f1 cars of which he was the core person who helped Ferrari with it's back to back titles and the Sf70h which signaled that Ferrari can compete again for the title on merit. And this year's sf71H of which looks like an all round much better car of which that has the best possiable chance for Ferrari to win both titles if they stop doing their own mistakes. I think though that In order for Ferrari to comeplete it's resurgence. They really need to stop the mistakes that is costing them valuable points this year they still have a majorly long way to go, but they do need to be really careful, or else it'll be 2017 yet again. They need to be more agressive and start analysing the whole competition to be better at mapping of pit stops. They need to get Kimi to push and I think losing no.1 status driver frocus on will be better until they have a sufficient magin to win both titles then restore no.1. I definitely agree that Rory definitely massively helped with the return of Ferrari to the title brawl. Though i think Sergio put key members and putting in Rory to help again I would think would thank for the return also. Oh by the way has he Rory created any of the Ferrari road cars?

4. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I'm not sure if any of the department heads have a massive responsibility outside of green/red lighting proposals brought to them by the underlings. So in that respect I guess they deserve some credit for green lighting the right projects.

I know he's not an engineer, but there is a Youtube video about the day in the life of Christian Horner and he flat out said all he does outside of meetings is sit at his computer and red light or green light proposals the varying Red Bull departments give him, all day everyday. I can only assume the other department heads under the main guy do the same. I believe it's the unknown, faceless engineering staff that probably should get the credit, whatever designs they're proposing, they're backed up with good data and getting green lighted and working.

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    No mention of the Chief 'Strategist' LOL:mad::mad:

They really need to ditch that Spanish tw@t!

Tifosi Ferrari likes this.
  6. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    I think the entire pit wall needs their minds good shaking to get them settled. I mean their pit timing was soo slow that it allowed Bot to come ahead of Seb. Though bear in mind had that incident in Bahrain that might of cause the slowing to be more cautious. That and their strategist needs a meeting. Also is that t word swearing.

7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The car itself is a massive step, and to single anyone out is probably wrong, everyone plays their part from the people manufacturing the parts, to those designing them and forecasting performance with little chance to test in the real world. That said, the management has to be right, and has to be strong enough to both manage the good ideas and to recognise bad ones early enough and promote an environment where ideas and solutions are encouraged

Where ferrari need to improve is strategy, because we simply HAVENT GOT ONE most of the time. Thinking on the fly was a strong factor of schumis years, Ross had a great team behind him, and of course, the chief strategist ended up being schumi whose racing brain was, and is, without equal. Either this picks up, or the titles may we’ll go elsewhere this year, because I said it before, and I’ll say it again, our early performance will undoubtedly be caught by Mercedes (the tyres are already being changed to suit them soon, and that’s 50% of their problems, possibly more) and once they work out our ‘step’, if they can’t match it, they will protest it and the FIA will step in and ban it, all the while pretending all the talk about their ‘party mode’ was just a joke and they haven’t got one, purely to convince the FIA to ignore the fact they break the engine rules by supplying equipment to their customers which is not inferior, but lack the right ‘buttons’ or software to fully utilise it

Ferrari, pull your socks up, give Kimi the credit he is due and get on the strategy game...... Kimi has proved he is a team player by bringing the results this year in qualifying, and playing ball when they are completely shafting him. If they stop shafting him, he will likely agree to let Seb by on the last lap of a race he led start to finish if asked, he has unrivalled loyalty to his contract, but ferrari still don’t trust him, which is embarrassing to say the least

Makuono likes this.
  8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Don't blame Ferrari for the situation in this race regarding the safety car, since Mercedes was caught out similarly. F1 needs to revise their procedure so that the pits are closed as soon as the safety car is deployed (except for cars damaged in the incident) and the pits are not opened until the safety car has picked up the field. That way, no one gains an unfair advantage like Red Bull did on this occasion.

As for the improvement in the car, doesn't Rory Byrne still have a hand in the design?

9. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    post #2 Jim :)