The Mercedes F-1 team has some wonderful people | FerrariChat

The Mercedes F-1 team has some wonderful people

Discussion in 'F1' started by GH13, May 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GH13

GH13 Karting

Apr 26, 2019
    https://jalopnik.com/mercedes-sent-lewis-hamiltons-race-winning-car-to-a-you-1834745816

It’s annoying watching them win all the time, but I’m actually really happy Lewis Hamilton won in Spain after reading about what the team did for this kid.

I can’t imagine how hard it must be for the boys parents, but at least their little guy got to experience a dream come true.

Now I just need to find some allergy meds. It’s really dusty in here for some reason.

bmwracer, sammysaber, cairns and 9 others like this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nice story. Noted yesterday in the press. All the best to that family!!!!

fer312t, jgonzalesm6 and 375+ like this.
  3. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That is a heartwarming story, it takes a special person to do something like that.

4. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    but people on here call LH a terrible person.... SMH

bmwracer likes this.
  5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Lewis used to be known for wearing his heart on his sleeve in years gone by,underneath all the wealth glitz and glamour Lewis is still that same kid from Stevenage.

God bless little Harry.

bmwracer and gt4me like this.
  6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Hambone is a class act. Way to make that kid's wish come true.

ktu, william, bmwracer and 1 other person like this.
  7. Abdurahman Kariel

May 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    akariel
    Maybe that's why Lewis always has luck on his side! As opposed to Alonso for example.
    He was in front and still got help from the safety car this last race,

8. GH13

GH13 Karting

Apr 26, 2019
    I think you always have to be careful with characterizing anyone as terrible.

Uninformed on a particular issue, holding a view that you may find offensive, not conducting oneself in a good manner, etc... you can always find something to object about a particular person, but you should always consider the totality of the person. Sometimes bad people do good things, and sometimes good people do bad things.

Lewis Hamilton may not endear himself to every person, but that definitely shouldn’t be taken to mean that he’s a bad person. Now Max Verstappen, on the other hand, is truly horrible.

Just kidding on that last bit. He certainly does not come across well in the F1 series on Netflix. You always have to wonder how much the editing process can influence how someone comes across.

9. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    zygomatic, ktu, bmwracer and 2 others like this.
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Don't mistake disliked for terrible.

daytona355 likes this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    It was a tough fight but the kid is in a better place.

Lewis Hamilton‏Verified account @LewisHamilton 3h3 hours ago

Harry, thank you for being such a positive light to us all. You’re so brave and the world will miss you dearly. Thank you, friend and inspiration.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. GH13

GH13 Karting

Apr 26, 2019
    RIP Harry, and be sure to say “Hi” to Niki for us.

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Very sorry to hear this news. No F1 pilot should worry about their status when one knows that a true battle was fought by this young and strong child. In such adversity I would hope to be as resilient as Harry. I hope the family is doing well absorbing this loss.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  14. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Michael gave MILLIONS to charity without ever once asking for recognition for it. His charitable work on behalf of the FIA, Merc and Ferrari is largely ignored by the very people who want us to think Elton is somehow exonerated from being a **** just because he sent his best wishes to this young chap. It’s a nice thing to have done, and hats off to MERCEDES for making it happen, but it doesn’t change Elton’s daily charisma bypass one bit

Makuono likes this.