The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread | Page 196 | FerrariChat

The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, Dec 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I'm referring to post #4872. There is no quote.

2. Need glasses do you....???? :p jakkuzi has Drive550's whole post in his response. If that's not a quote, I don't know what is..... :rolleyes:

3. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I guess . . . Where on post that post is a quote? Thanks

4. Post 4872:

Drive550PFB

I completely disagree.

Michael choose his career. And while in that career, he made hundreds of millions by schlepping for products--beer, banks, etc. In essence, his advertisements were requests of his fans to become customers of his sponsors. And as more fans became customers, Michael grew richer. Michael asked his fans to do something, with the "wink" that Michael would return the favor.

He put himself in the public eye, and that brings a concomitant obligation to allow us to look in on his life.

While I believe the family is free to do whatever they want, I am equally free to criticize their handling of the matter.

Jakkuzi

I do not share your opinion , but I respect your opinion.

5. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    What is this morbid interest in seeing pictures of Schumacher lying in bed, in a vegetative state and drooling on himself? His driving record speaks for itself. He got injured in a skiing accident. He will never recover. Why not leave him and his family alone?

Jack-the-lad and F2003-GA like this.
  6. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM

Something must be wrong. All I see is this on post #4872:

I
    I do not share your opinion , but I respect your opinion.

7. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I've figured it out now, thanks.

8. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Drive550PFB's opinion. Apologies if my previous post was vague.

tifoso2728 likes this.
  9. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Right. It was a bit of a technical error between my F-Chat settings and the rest of the thread.

No problem - Thanks for your reply!

Jakuzzi likes this.
  10. Yeah, yeah, yeah. ;):)

tifoso2728 likes this.
  11. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Moderators should close this thread.

scudF1 and F2003-GA like this.
  12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Yes please

Bas likes this.
  13. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    This is such a different situation. Michael's accident completely changed the situation...HE can no longer provide anything that certain fans are looking for...

His family that is dealing with very bad circumstances is under no obligation to pick up where he cannot.

I think his family would completely respect a fan who understands this. A fan who demands something in return for some perceived investment (of what? ...who will admit to going out and buying $XXXX of merchandise simply because Michael said so...?)

Yes, HE was a public figure. Yes, he marketed himself and many other products. Yes, he and his family are quite comfortable as a result of all of this...

And...YES...he had a very serious injury that completely changed his and his family's understanding of normal.

WE need to just wait and monitor, but don't demand.

Just like everything else, someday this will be well documented history... until then, it's a family struggle and presumably a day by day challenge.

I am/was a huge MS fan...at least when he signed for the scuderia. I don't feel like he owes me anything... therefore, his family doesn't either.

Matt LaMotte and ///Mike like this.
  14. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Any particular reason why?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    BINGO. Well said.

16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I agree, it's all speculative now. Re-open when there's actual news.

F2003-GA and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  17. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    "I regularly visit him," Italian Badoer told Diariodelweb.it. "But the family wants to keep a sort of secrecy around him and I fully respect their will. They do everything for the good of Michael.

"Corinna allows very few people to visit him -- let's respect what she wants, avoiding any polemic," he added.

daytona355, lorenzobandini and Bas like this.
  18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I take it as a positive sign that someone 'regularly visits him'

Otherwise what would be the point of going over there?

Bas likes this.
  19. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  20. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I don't care to see this picture. My grandfather withered away in a bed for the last 2 years of his life. His weight dropped under 80 pounds. He was a skeleton.

When you see something like this, it is impossible to 'unsee.' I try to remember my grandfather as the cool guy he was, making a snowman, helping me put together a bicycle at Christmas, instead of the skeleton in the bed--but that is a hard image to shake.

21. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    same here and it was my mother(acute lymphocetic leukemia)....they are not the same person.....mentally and physically. I would not wish it on anyone else.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  22. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    People visit cemeteries, too. I don't think you can read anything into visits..........

23. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I'm interested, like many I believe here, on how he's doing. I have no desire to see pictures of a man in a hospital bed, or gown for that matter, but to know some sort of news on his well being isn't too much of his fans to ask.

24. Me too. And it's absolutely not "too much" to ask. 'Key word that "ask".

However, it's still, also, not "too much" to respect the families response; whatever it may be.

'Don't have to like it, but to post negativity about how they decide to handle the situation, their personal lives....that to me is a worse "crime".

BTW, do "you's" (obviously editorial you...) wear tighties or loosies??? 'Far less personal. I don't think that's too much to ask and I feel I'm "owed" an answer. Right?

Oh. I didn't think so.

///Mike likes this.
  25. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

I watched this with my Dad, real tough. Many years earlier my grand mother got cancer and I imagine she withered away. The thing was she wouldn't let any of us she her like that. She sent me a letter saying she wanted me to remember the woman she was, not the dying lady she had become. At the time, I was angry and thought she was being selfish. Now I realize what a gift she actually gave me. I see that same thing in this thread. Some people feel the family is being selfish and owe you something although they are doing you all a favor.