The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread | Page 209 | FerrariChat

The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, Dec 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    And look at how the pop up lights are sitting so nicely. They probably even pop up...
    Sent from my SM-G781B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Nightmare that hasnt ended. I hope he is making progress and can have some sort of interaction with his family.

Bas, stavura, Picchu88 and 5 others like this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Sadly in this particular case, no news bad news..

ricksb and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  5. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Every time I see this thread popping up, my heart skips a few beats… :(

Forza Michael!

stavura, Picchu88, Bas and 5 others like this.
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Forza Michael you are missed

stavura, Picchu88, Bas and 5 others like this.
  7. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Howso? The family wants privacy. If there's an announcement made it's likely the bad news we all fear and hope isn't coming anytime soon.

He isn't a publicly-traded company, and he isn't a public servant working in the government. Just as anyone elses medical information is none of our business, neither is his.

It's immensely tragic and I frequently find myself hoping he's improving.

But i also don't find myself angry at the family for not releasing info, having tricked myself into believing they're somehow accountable to me.

Bas likes this.
  8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree,

Just speculating.

Unfortunately I imagine that if Michael was physically and intellectually intact he would have made public appearances for a long time..

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  9. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Possibly.

Also possible he may be partially paralyzed and doesn't want the public remembering him that way toward the end of his life. Far too many possibilities to speculate. All we can do is keep supporting him until an announcement of any sort is made. Which i definitely know everyone here is doing, just from the responses here.

Bas, Jeronimo GTO and jpalmito like this.
  10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Forza Michael.

jpalmito, absostone and armedferret like this.
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Man...I just hate reading this again. The fact that he sat up and talked before being evacuated, with Mick there, is depressing.

12. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    That was such a magical episode

13. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Demonstrated that even a German can have a truly spectacular sense of humor. ;)

What a great man.

14. Baracus250GT

Baracus250GT Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Was epic. Brings my hairs to stand on end even now when I see the regular repeats on Dave (a UK TV channel that repeats stuff constantly).

A bit cringe to say his daily driver was a Fiat Croma though. Yeah, right, of course it is :) Company Man :)

Also shame they wouldn’t let the actual Stig drive the FXX and they (Ferrari??) didn’t allow Schumy to drive the “reasonably priced car” to see how fast he could get it around compared to the other celebrities and (ex-)F1 drivers!! Why not - I don’t understand :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Sad day! So he was first conscious but I assume that the pain and hemorrhagy forced the surgery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    I believe it was in his contract that only he could drive it

17. Baracus250GT

Baracus250GT Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The FXX maybe but why he couldn’t drive the Vauxhall Astra. Not as if he would crash and injure himself.

Maybe worried Damon Hill would have been faster hehe?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think it's pretty common for people with (even catastrophic) head injuries that at first all appears normal, before it quickly going (minutes) going wrong. They often are very agitated in these moments. I remember reading that Schumacher was the same...

ricksb and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yep, he was conscious and speaking normally but lost consciousness when the helicopter arrived to be taken to a local hospital.

Doctors put him in a "coma" state and drilled a hole in his head to relieve the pressure from the brain hemorrhaging.

Schumacher's brain suffered a traumatic double impact(there's a Latin medical name for this)--> first the initial impact from the rock then the 2nd impact at the back of the head as a result from the 1st impact.

Natkingcolebasket69 and Bas like this.
  20. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Similar incident but not same and swift deterioration in this one -

"Natasha Richardson fell in a beginners trail while taking a ski lesson at Station Mont Tremblant," the statement said. "She was accompanied by an experienced ski instructor who immediately called the ski patrol. She did not show any visible sign of injury but the ski patrol followed strict procedures and brought her back to the bottom of the slope and insisted she should see a doctor.

"As an additional precautionary measure, the ski instructor as well as the ski patrol accompanied Mrs. Richardson to her hotel," the statement continued. "They again recommended she should be seen by a doctor. The ski instructor stayed with her at her hotel. Approximately an hour after the incident Mrs. Richardson was not feeling good. An ambulance was called and Mrs. Richardson was brought to the Centre Hospitalier Laurentien in Ste-Agathe and was later transferred to Hôpital du Sacre-Coeur."

A spokesperson for the resort noted Richardson was not wearing a helmet while skiing and didn't collide with anything when she fell. Thursday, in the wake of her death, Quebec officials said they are considering making helmets mandatory on ski slopes, according to The Associated Press.

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I would be really curious, like all of you, to understand Michael’s state. I’d guess totally paralyzed, not able to communicate aside with his eyes?
    Hoping I’m wrong and there has been progress in 8 years for sure:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
  24. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Once parts of the brain are "bruised" there's no way of reviving those bruised parts. The brain cells are dead. Given the quadrants or areas of the brain that are bruised, those functions for human interaction are gone.